Wireless android auto on Skoda Superb III IV 2020.

Hello guys. I am looking to see if my car should have wireless aa from factory. This is the vin TMBAW9NP0L7064676 and here is a picture of the software version. 
(the car does have wireless carplay but from what I heard wireless aa should also be included).

unnamed (1).jpg

13 hours ago, Pandekoi said:

Hello guys. I am looking to see if my car should have wireless aa from factory. This is the vin TMBAW9NP0L7064676 and here is a picture of the software version. 
(the car does have wireless carplay but from what I heard wireless aa should also be included).

unnamed (1).jpg

Have you tried using Android Auto??

I didn't even realise mine had it until I tried it!

Tried wired aa and it worked. Wireless doesn t. On the Smartlink info page in the car it says that CarPlay works wired or wireless but Android Auto only works if it s wired. The owners manual says wireless aa is available. I am thinking that maybe the car needs a software update for it to work. Didn t get around to calling the service because they aren t really the best.

I have Hardware H22 and software 0278. My device part number does end in D and not A though.

Wireless AA works for me. Does it not show up as an option when you're in the car without the phone connected? It doesn't say wireless, you just tap the android auto logo for the device

Edited by Patent

1 hour ago, Patent said:

I have Hardware H22 and software 0278. My device part number does end in D and not A though.

Wireless AA works for me. Does it not show up as an option when you're in the car without the phone connected? It doesn't say wireless, you just tap the android auto logo for the device

It's greyed out. 

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

Initial MIB3 units only did wireless CarPlay, and not wireless Android Auto.

Not sure if a software patch/firmware will rectify that?

Hmm maybe that is the reason.  Then software would not change that. Strange of them to only include one technology and then backtrack and use both. 

5 minutes ago, Patent said:

To be fair you're not missing much. It absolutely obliterates your battery!

Actually that s why I would have liked to use it. The usb ports in the car are only good to keep the phone at the same battery level 99% of the time and I have a more powerfull 12v charger for my oneplus as I usually get in the car with 10-15% battery after work and usually have to chose between charging the phone or using aa. Not such a big problem but would be nice to do both.

10 hours ago, Pandekoi said:

Actually that s why I would have liked to use it. The usb ports in the car are only good to keep the phone at the same battery level 99% of the time and I have a more powerfull 12v charger for my oneplus as I usually get in the car with 10-15% battery after work and usually have to chose between charging the phone or using aa. Not such a big problem but would be nice to do both.

I've got an older head unit, but run aawireless to get the functionality. I also have  Qc3 12v charger and thought it would be better than just plugging into the USB port. In reality my S10 started to get hot and it limited its charging, whereas the USB port didn't so was actually quicker. Granted, it was plugged in for hours at a time and used as a hotspot, satnav and mp3 player, but I was surprised nonetheless. 

If you haven't got the wireless AA built in, this device was released last month https://motorolasound.com/audio-products/android-auto/ma1  . From I have read it works quite well. Your head unit/system does need to be AA capable though so it is not just a way of adding AA functionality into an older unit. Purely a way of getting wireless AA to go with your wired AA capable head unit.

1 hour ago, Watermead said:

If you haven't got the wireless AA built in, this device was released last month https://motorolasound.com/audio-products/android-auto/ma1  . From I have read it works quite well. Your head unit/system does need to be AA capable though so it is not just a way of adding AA functionality into an older unit. Purely a way of getting wireless AA to go with your wired AA capable head unit.

good luck getting ur hands on one of these!!
and for now, its only available in the US market.

i've got the AAWireless device in mine - been 6 months plus.  works brilliantly too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2022 at 11:03, auditek said:

Took delivery today of my new to me, Apr 2021 Superb Sportline plus. As soon as I connected my phone (One plus 6), wireless android auto popped up. It works great 🙂

For wireless AA or CarPlay is that through Bluetooth or LAN connection? Have been trying to connect wirelessly with both android and apple but no luck. Do I need a sim/data plan for the car? Superb 2018

7 hours ago, DomVH said:

For wireless AA or CarPlay is that through Bluetooth or LAN connection? Have been trying to connect wirelessly with both android and apple but no luck. Do I need a sim/data plan for the car? Superb 2018

Superb 2018 has MIB2.5, which does not have wireless CarPlay or Android Auto capability.

U'll need a wireless dongle, like AAWireless.

I've got one of these myself.

I forgot wat the CarPlay equivalent is called.

Only the MIB3 units on the facelift Superb has the wireless capability.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JR RS said:

Superb 2018 has MIB2.5, which does not have wireless CarPlay or Android Auto capability.

U'll need a wireless dongle, like AAWireless.

I've got one of these myself.

I forgot wat the CarPlay equivalent is called.

Only the MIB3 units on the facelift Superb has the wireless capability.

Thanks @JR RS appreciate the information. If I were to use a dongle wouldn’t that connect bot apple and android? Could I also just use the sim/data slot to create the wireless/LAN?

1 hour ago, DomVH said:

Thanks @JR RS appreciate the information. If I were to use a dongle wouldn’t that connect bot apple and android? Could I also just use the sim/data slot to create the wireless/LAN?

Doesn't work like that. Yes wireless android auto connects via WiFi, but it's a backend WiFi that is triggered by the Bluetooth connection. Wireless carplay is all Bluetooth as far as I know. Only way to get wireless smarts working on a car like that is with a dongle.

As the two systems (android or applel work differently they require different dongles.

Edited by MarkyG82

12 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Doesn't work like that. Yes wireless android auto connects via WiFi, but it's a backend WiFi that is triggered by the Bluetooth connection. Wireless carplay is all Bluetooth as far as I know. Only way to get wireless smarts working on a car like that is with a dongle.

As the two systems (android or applel work differently they require different dongles.

Oh ok thanks. I’ll have to play around it looks like. Thanks for the information gents

On 17/02/2022 at 14:03, DomVH said:

Not sure. I had bluetooth and wifi connected ( wifi hotspot tether) You don't need a data plan, it works from your phone sim.

On 03/02/2022 at 00:03, auditek said:

Took delivery today of my new to me, Apr 2021 Superb Sportline plus. As soon as I connected my phone (One plus 6), wireless android auto popped up. It works great 🙂

My car is march 21 and I have a OnePlus 9 but wireless Android doesn't work. Do you have WiFi turned on in the car? I think I'm missing something obvious here. 

Hi J caff. Yes, I use my phone as a wireless hotspot. First, you have to connect your phone to the head unit, using the phone icon. Once connected to your phone, set up the wireless hotspot, and it should pop up, asking you to connect to Android auto. Although a different car, the first 40 seconds of this video is basically the same as on the Skoda............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjzFlzyitc

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to drag up an old thread, but did you get this to work? 

I just got a L&K Superb MY20 and assumed it would have wireless Android Auto. 

Is there a patch or software update to get it to work?  Attached a photo of the System Information. 

20230307_121406.jpg