Boot area space differences hatchback to estate

32 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Erm, quite a bit I imagine. I can still get a 5'8ish person in the boot without disturbing the parcel shelf in my hatch, though.

I'm phoning the Police.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Erm, quite a bit I imagine. I can still get a 5'8ish person in the boot without disturbing the parcel shelf in my hatch, though.

Don't ask me how I know. :notme:

"You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently, the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

I did a bit of digging on here, from this thread:

A Mk1 Fabia Hatch has a boot capacity of 260 Litres.
A Mk1 Fabia Estate has a boot capacity of 426 Litres.

That's interesting a good size difference.

I will have to try and find some boot area pictures now might be something to look at next.

47 minutes ago, TMB said:

Here's the estate with the seats up....

H0236-1.jpg

It looks like my peugeot 306 hatchback boot but bigger.

It's something I may add to my collection at some point when the next bargain comes along.

• Like 2

Couple of pointers::

You can get 8 full bags of coal and 4 bales of BNM briquettes in a combi boot with the seats down.

A washing machine fits with the back seat in place.

It's 5 to 6 inches longer than a hatchback boot.

A child's push chair and a week's food shopping for a family of 4 fit nicely in the boot of the combi - not so the hatchback.

The saloon is the same length as the estate but you obviously miss out on the extra hight at the hatch.

In my experience, the combi is much more practical than the hatch and better looking shape "to boot" ..... If you don't mind the pun.

20170421_210222-1.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, PD75 said:

It's 5 to 6 inches longer than a hatchback boot.

The saloon is the same length as the estate but you obviously miss out on the extra hight at the hatch.

Those two statements are contradictory and the superb photo that you have posted (worth a million words) would indicate that the Combi/Estate is longer than the hatchback which I assume you meant when you spoke of the saloon.

40 minutes ago, PD75 said:

In my experience, the combi is much more practical than the hatch and better looking shape "to boot" ..... If you don't mind the pun.

Yes it looks much more stylish on that photograph to my admittedly biased eyes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Those two statements are contradictory and the superb photo that you have posted (worth a million words) would indicate that the Combi/Estate is longer than the hatchback which I assume you meant when you spoke of the saloon.

I believe he's referring to the hatch area of the estate version. Or that's my understanding. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yes it looks much more stylish on that photograph to my admittedly biased eyes.

There were 3 models. A bit like the 3 bears.

Hatch - baby bear

Saloon - mammy bear 

Combi - daddy bear 

skoda_fabia_saloon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Funny you should say that, Pete...

Snapchat-190247562.jpg.13dd430b2981eca1c1a4f320854c9125.thumb.jpg.e4de3ca97f964daca47c39d858097999.jpg

Sure, the lamp was a little damaged, but it was getting sent to the tip anyway. :D

A brush cutter thus angled in the combi you can close the boot lid. In the hatchback it protrudes over the bumper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

On that note... "Ryan, you don't need the estate, you'll never need that much space..." they said. :D

Snapchat-138267929.jpg.98b69e77a4418840b28b20cd911c981c.thumb.jpg.db9d259071a4e1a47bae0e34e9313243.jpg

I spy someone with an additive looks like redex gasp 🤯

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stewartasb said:

I spy someone with an additive looks like redex gasp 🤯

That was back when I was naïve to believe the nonsense quotes on the stuff. It did sweet **** all. So Sep won't have to panic, I learned my lesson. :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

That was back when I was naïve to believe the nonsense quotes on the stuff. It did sweet **** all. So Sep won't have to panic, I learned my lesson. :D

There were guys on here that used to mix two stroke oil with their fuel, others that added nail polish remover, honestly, you couldn't make it up!

• Haha 1