Skoda Superb Mk3 206 4x4 exhaust downpipe

yep. there are options.

i have a scorpion sports cat golf r one in mine, with a cupra formentor resonator delete with heimholtz resonator from RPM performance. the cupra formentor seems to have a pretty similar exhaust setup, and all works fine, and passes local emissions etc. 

• Like 1

yep. the downpipe was fine, and when measured up, was a direct fit.

when the resonated section was measured up, the golf r res delete didnt fit, but the cupra formentor one was a direct fit.

as a note, i orignally had a straight res delete on it, but it was a bit raspy. it got on my nerves, so popped in the RPM one (BCS make one too) with the heimholtz res. 

i have a full revo stage 2 with the main fuel pump and hpfp also upgraded, but have not changed the turbo (there was not a supported config for the superb when I did the work) , but did go for the overrun map which makes some nice pops & bangs on overrun. 

Edited by tmg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tmg said:

yep. the downpipe was fine, and when measured up, was a direct fit.

when the resonated section was measured up, the golf r res delete didnt fit, but the cupra formentor one was a direct fit.

as a note, i orignally had a straight res delete on it, but it was a bit raspy. it got on my nerves, so popped in the RPM one (BCS make one too) with the heimholtz res. 

i have a full revo stage 2 with the main fuel pump and hpfp also upgraded, but have not changed the turbo (there was not a supported config for the superb when I did the work) , but did go for the overrun map which makes some nice pops & bangs on overrun. 

Did you changed the backboxes or increase the diameter of the exhaust pipes?

I got a custom made turbo back exhaust with 3.5" decat downpipe going to 3" exhaust into a an anti-drone box  (front) and into a resonator just before the Y section.  I increase the diameter to the Y section to 3" as well which go to the standard the backboxes.  The sound is as standard and I believe its been restrictive in gaining power.  Maybe if it pushed the power to beyond 500bhp then maybe.

I've heard the Milltek Arteon cat back exhaust could fit with some modification.  

everything from the res delete back is stock sizing on mine, with original backboxes and exhaust flaps in place. 

i believe there are a few exhausts that work if slightly extended, with the arteon, octy vrs estate exhaust and some passat one (likley the same as the arteon?) on the list.

i was doing the sports cat anyways, so it seemed an easy step to take to add the res delete, and see if it sounded ok (which it does) so i was happy enough.

3 hours ago, Awesam said:

I got a custom made turbo back exhaust with 3.5" decat downpipe

Apart from the legality and O2 sensor workaround are there any issues with the decat you've found?

14 hours ago, tmg said:

14 hours ago, tmg said:

Do u have a link to the RPM one?  And do u know if it is compatible with the 220 (aka GTi engine)?

I know about the BCS Powervalve one, but it seems to b specific for the 280 (aka R engine).

@tmgthis info is super helpful, thank you. I’ve got a 2017 Superb 280 wagon/estate and I want to make it sound better. Do you have any video or sound for your setup you could share? I’ve come from a tuned EJ25 and I’m struggling with the sound of the EA888 on the Superb.

hey

here you go - this is with the valves open in sport mode, with the original (non-heimholtz resonated) pipe in place. the rasp is gone with the newer pipe installed

this is a scorpion golf r downpipe, witha vsrf resonator delete. only difference with the RPM one is the rasp is gone. also was not a full throttle launch or anything mad, so it does go a bit louder 

Edited by tmg

Nice. I'm sure the Scorpion downpipe is 3" and would then assume the RPM resonator delete pipe is the same. Otherwise it will be the same as the stock pipe width of 2.75".

Edited by Awesam

2 hours ago, Awesam said:

Nice. I'm sure the Scorpion downpipe is 3" and would the same RPM resonator delete pipe is the same. Other it will be the stock pipe width of 2.75".

the downpipe drops down in diameter to connect to a stock sized pipe from what I've seen

29 minutes ago, Bingodalton said:

@tmg there is just one video, you wanted to upload two?

I am interested also in setup with just downpipe, how it sounds in normal and sport.

sorry - badly written. only one video, with the original (raspy) res delete. with the newer RPM one, no rasp

hth

7 hours ago, tmg said:

hey

here you go - this is with the valves open in sport mode, with the original (non-heimholtz resonated) pipe in place. the rasp is gone with the newer pipe installed

this is a scorpion golf r downpipe, witha vsrf resonator delete. only difference with the RPM one is the rasp is gone. also was not a full throttle launch or anything mad, so it does go a bit louder 

thank you. That’s helpful and it sounds great. With the edge taken off the rasp it’d be even better.