Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2023

caught 1910 files on Seat portal

Seat portal:   https://seatmapdownloads.akamaized.net/EU1/EU1_STD_1910.zip

Files inside:       2022.03.21 wrong content - one file '1910_MP213-1240.x_EU1' inside. 7 204 941 122 bytes
Downloadable:  2022.05.12
Published:        2022.--.--

AS not present

EU2 and EU3 present, but i have no reasons to download them and check content

Edited by MartiniB
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hhcd80 said:

The brands other than VW often lag. Skoda is well known for offering up old maps. The goto place is MartiniB server listings not the brands websites. There is a German forum similar but that has been lagging as well this time round 😨.

2 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

Almost like a license arrangement to offer old maps or just incompetence of the brands. Savvy owners know where to look on forums for links to the latest maps not the brands websites. Probably the web developers not being well managed whilst the brands internal staff keeping on top of the releases but the web developers not bothered. You always get impressed in a work environment when you find the people who know what they are doing but the management is useless. The guy at their desk who is on top of things. "I'm looking for this" and they pull it up. 

You start looking in June and November for the two annual releases. Serial number is more important than year code after VAG altered how they named them a few years back. This year we got them in May for June. No complaints there thanks to eagle eyes of the community.

5 hours ago, Tell said:

The brands other than VW often lag. Skoda is well known for offering up old maps. The goto place is MartiniB server listings not the brands websites. There is a German forum similar but that has been lagging as well this time round 😨.

Ah I see. I thought it was different manufacturers codes. Good to know then 👍

23 minutes ago, hhcd80 said:

Ah I see. I thought it was different manufacturers codes. Good to know then 👍

The same release works across brands. Identical file. The part number it throws up is based on it knowing what brand it's installed in.

• Like 1

Tried the new maps. They seemed to work but noticed the TMC (Traffic Information) stopped working. Maybe a coincidence? I tried rolling back to the previous maps to test. If there any possibility the new map files could've affected the reception of traffic data? I noticed someone else had similar issues before a few years ago but no update:

Have you got the Dynamic route switched on?

From the manual

›In the main menu of the navigation mode, press  → Route options → Dynamic route . When the Dynamic route » page 34 function is switched on, the traffic reports influence the dynamic route guidance by means of TMC messages. Dynamic route switched on Information on traffic problems received via TMC which affect the route are displayed in the map by means of a coloured symbol (e.g., , , , etc.). Traffic problems, which do not affect the route, are displayed in the map by means of a grey symbol. The direction in which a traffic problem is found, is displayed by means of an arrow in the symbol. Dynamic route switched off You are not alerted to received traffic disruptions along your route and are guided through the traffic disruption by the radio navigation system. The traffic reports are updated automatically in the unit and displayed by pressing the button TRAFFIC . If one of the announced traffic disruptions lies along your route, you can also switch on the dynamic route guidance during the current route guidance or block the route manually » page 46. Note Making a diversion from a traffic jam based on TMC traffic reports may not always offer a time advantage, e.g. if the diversion route is also congested.

15 minutes ago, BHughes said:

Have you got the Dynamic route switched on?

It should be as I didn't touch any of the settings before updating the map. I'll double check it but not ruling out a "Layer 8 Error" (i.e. me being stupid 🤣)

Nope. It is switched on. Definitely was working before the map update and would normally receive TMC data fairly quickly. I will chalk it down to poor radio data signal reception and update further if it persists. 

24 minutes ago, hhcd80 said:

Nope. It is switched on. Definitely was working before the map update and would normally receive TMC data fairly quickly. I will chalk it down to poor radio data signal reception and update further if it persists. 

There was a TMC UK issue a few weeks ago. Came up on the Seat Cupra board similar, map had been updated but I tested in on my standard unit and the mib2 high. Both were down. Then after a couple of days it came back. The person reporting it got it back so I re checked. 

Conclusion wobbly feeder systems in the UK which populate the TMC data. The top icon disappears on the Seat, with TMC with a cross thru it when it's not working. No cross and it's receiving. It will be back. You mark a route into the centre of London for testing 😍.

Edited by Tell
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tell said:

Conclusion wobbly feeder systems in the UK which populate the TMC data. The top icon disappears on the Seat, with TMC with a cross thru it when it's not working. No cross and it's receiving. It will be back. You mark a route into the centre of London for testing 😍.

Thanks for that info. It seemed a bit strange the timing of what happened. Guess I will just leave it to sort itself out for the next few days then. Was worried I needed to do something else other then just copy the files onto the Card

Thanks again @MartiniB

I can't fit ECE AS(A1) 2023 onto my 16gb card even with the unused languages deleted, does anyone know if there's another workaround?

I posted a thread on this too, which langers2k kindly looped back your posts. I’ve never had an issue with TMC since 2012, when it was available on the Columbus in the MKII; its always been stable and available. Dynamic routing is ticked so it’s definitely not that. 

22 minutes ago, D402 said:

Edited by Tell
deleted this reply, went weird in the cut and paste...

19 minutes ago, D402 said:

Thanks again @MartiniB

I can't fit ECE AS(A1) 2023 onto my 16gb card even with the unused languages deleted, does anyone know if there's another workaround?

Invest in a 32gb Skoda card from an e seller, normally ends with a bay at the end. That's what people have been doing with their Seats in readiness for the day when it out grew even with the language fix. You have to look at the review index and determine whether they are genuine Skoda ones or the "gold card" ones.

I bought mine when members of a German boards were buying them about three years ago, that was a genuine Skoda card. Seat 32gb card would do, or VW, they are all interchangeable. The CID is recognised as Vag so it works. Why I experimented with the 32gb Skoda card but it's come to pass mib1 units work with the mib2 card although you have to have mib1 stuff on it obviously.

Don't be duped by people that say reformat the 16gb card with a 2k cluster size, its been known to screw up the card e.g. kill it. Skoda 32gb have been killed this way. Apparently the newer manufactured cards don't take kindly to reformatting, always delete what's on them than hit reformat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, numskull said:

I posted a thread on this too, which langers2k kindly looped back your posts. I’ve never had an issue with TMC since 2012, when it was available on the Columbus in the MKII; its always been stable and available. Dynamic routing is ticked so it’s definitely not that. 

I will have a look to see what's happening today on it. As I said TMC took a break a few weeks back for a day or so then reappeared again. Was reported on a Seat board. Have access to the standard mib2 unit and mib2 high, was off both which concurred with the Seat poster. So nothing to do with the standard map update, just coincidence.

Decides it was a technical network glitch. TMC is broadcast via Classic FM but receivers can get mixed up in some parts of the country between the free service and the paid service. The free service is paid by the manufacturers e.g.. VAG in this case pay for the free service for the customer. Traffic Master is the paid service.

Weird and wonderful world of TMC

https://tisa.org/technologies/coverage/

Have a wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_message_channel

See under UK. Think their servers have a wobbly at times... not good if there is traffic. 😨 Probably held together by sticky plaster that falls off at times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, numskull said:

I’d just like to know if others are not receiving TMC notifications. If not, it rules out a hardware problem and if not, well, it will be. 

Looks like mine is not working, I have TP showing but the TMC has a diagonal red line through it.

19 minutes ago, BHughes said:

Looks like mine is not working, I have TP showing but the TMC has a diagonal red line through it.

I checked my Mib2 high in the afternoon and TMC had a cross thru it so it's taking a break 🤫.