Looking at used 2018 SE L Exec estate 1.4tsi - thoughts?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205195880675

Seems a reasonable balance of spec/features I am looking for, and price for my budget. KESSY and park assist would be nice, but figure can't expect to get everything.

Can't help but feel it's paying over the odds, but I figure that's just the used car market right now (with Covid cutting supply of new cars and everyone keeping hold of old ones)?!

• Like 1

Hi anewman,

I don't think this is unreasonably priced, considering the extras you're getting. To compare - I have just bought a 2019 hatchback (facelift) - and I paid £5k more than thsi - so for a 2 years older car you are saving £5k - if you want to think of it that way.

Best thing to do is test drive it and if your're happy with it and it fits your criteria, then go for it. 

I spent 8 months looking for a Superb III facelift in Quartz Grey, Hatchback - WITH a wiper - and only saw 2  (that were advertised) - so you are right these cars are going to become more rare to find these days .

Hope this helps. 

Jay

• Like 3

Hi, how much inconvenience is it to have to press the remote button on the fob? - not to mention possible security issues and reduced fob battery life.

Useful to have the tow bar, even if you only use it for a cycle carrier.

How often would you really need the park assist? Seems a fair price for the mileage -  this model and engine is really great.

• Like 1

A nice car, but even with a Skoda Approved Used Car with a FSH you look at that history. 

So that you know how much the next one might cost.

Is it an Oil & Filter Service each year or each 2 years and a service carried out at 4 years old, so done. 

That means the Service History if done to the manufacturers recommendations has had 2 pollen filters, the brake fluid changed, 

but the Spark plugs maybe not because it has not done 40,000 miles. Or maybe at a 4 year service they were replaced. 

• Like 1

Lot of stuff on this car. Not sure what extras but heated front  screen is an option.

Heated seats

Electric seats 

Electric boot 

Lane assist 

Blind spot assist 

No idea on price, all quite high as we all know. 

Are you absolutely sure you want a manual gearbox.  Mine is manual but I really really really wish I had got DSG as the pedals are offset slightly to the right and having to deal with both feet having to be offset is a right royal pain in the butt... Literally. 

On 27/05/2022 at 16:12, Warrior193 said:

Hi, how much inconvenience is it to have to press the remote button on the fob? - not to mention possible security issues and reduced fob battery life.

Fairly inconvenient when your hands are full or the key is buried in a bag, its a very convenient feature.

Battery life should easily last a year, if not longer. And regarding security, yes there is the trade off but generally Skoda's arent subject to the same level of keyless theft as Range rover's and Ford's

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Battery life should easily last a year, if not longer.

In my case it’s three years. And shove it and the spare in a faraday pouch and there’s no security issue at all.. 

• Like 1