Kodiaq MY23 changes

Based on previous years, we might see some information in the next few weeks.
In this document it says "MY2023 – 2022CW25" , I'm guessing means MY2023 is from build week 25 in 2022 onwards???

https://www.skoda.lt/_doc/20ecab27-4584-40e8-8017-e6ccc7432d8d

One interesting thing in that document is they have two different sleep packs. One with acoustic glass (PXE option), one without (PXB). In the UK the only option available in the Kodiaq configurator currently seems to be sleep pack without acoustic glass. 

6 hours ago, Theo5 said:

Based on previous years, we might see some information in the next few weeks.
In this document it says "MY2023 – 2022CW25" , I'm guessing means MY2023 is from build week 25 in 2022 onwards???

https://www.skoda.lt/_doc/20ecab27-4584-40e8-8017-e6ccc7432d8d

One interesting thing in that document is they have two different sleep packs. One with acoustic glass (PXE option), one without (PXB). In the UK the only option available in the Kodiaq configurator currently seems to be sleep pack without acoustic glass. 

There is a shortage of acoustic glass currently so I will be surprised if that makes it in.

Edited by iwb100

19 hours ago, iwb100 said:

There is a shortage of acoustic glass currently so I will be surprised if that makes it in.

I don't think we've ever had the option of acoustic glass on Skodas in the UK... or VWs. It's an Audi thing over here.

On 13/06/2022 at 09:41, AlienAl said:

think the biggest change is actually supplying the cars!

Went into the local Skoda showroom yesterday and they only had 3 cars: Fabia, Kodiaq and Karoq. Seemed the cupboard was bare.

52 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I don't think we've ever had the option of acoustic glass on Skodas in the UK... or VWs. It's an Audi thing over here.

Certainly was an option when my I ordered my MY21 facelift. Was part of the 'sleep' package  ( One option box I was never going to tick )

sleep.JPG.ffcec6fb54cea078e1d165ba22be002f.JPG  

For the life of me I could never understand why Skoda charged £205 for a manual sunblind or £180 and it's included as part of the Family pack. Total Bonkers.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

8 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Certainly was an option when my I ordered my MY21 facelift. Was part of the 'sleep' package  ( One option box I was never going to tick )

Likewise, when I ordered it was part of the sleep pack. On the car-card (June 2021 ) that the Skoda configurator produces, it had the Skoda part listed as GPXEPXE, PXE being the sleep pack with acoustic glass. 
There may be shortages of the acoustic glass, but if you go on the Skoda configurator for some country's it's still available, even as a stand alone option without the sleep pack (VW5).
This is from the configurator for Luxembourg.

image.thumb.png.606a11c53627e0722c88c87969e32a27.png 

image.png.060387c99924d31db8b709c18fba66e4.png

just have to hope they dont go to the buttonless steering wheels and controls like in the golfs and other VW as these have been slated beyond belief

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

just have to hope they dont go to the buttonless steering wheels and controls like in the golfs and other VW as these have been slated beyond belief

Given they didn’t do that for the major facelift revision they aren’t going to for a minor year update. 

On 20/06/2022 at 09:59, AlienAl said:

I have a Golf and I don’t know why they are slated so much I don’t have any issues with them. 

with regards to the MY23 changes assuming you have placed the order already but it crosses model year the car will be built as a MY23? Ordered the wife a replacement Sportline pencilled in to be built at the end of August so I assume this would be MY23?

Edited by foxy367
Spelling

Having a look at the Skoda website and seen the spec list for Sportline, does below mean that the virtual cockpit is now standard?

image.png.19672a157737c380727fdc0a97a6d0b2.png

Edit here is the pic from the interior, it looks like  a screen has replaced dials but not quite same as VC

image.png.8a50d1f332b04602c33f2ddb09313b83.png

Edited by Davidr1986

9 minutes ago, Davidr1986 said:

Having a look at the Skoda website and seen the spec list for Sportline, does below mean that the virtual cockpit is now standard?

image.png.19672a157737c380727fdc0a97a6d0b2.png

Edit here is the pic from the interior, it looks like  a screen has replaced dials but not quite same as VC

image.png.8a50d1f332b04602c33f2ddb09313b83.png

Ok I’d noticed the digital display thing in the spec for a while but thought it was just a typo. That though does look like a basic digital display is now standard and can be upgraded optionally to a 10.25” virtual cockpit as before. 

It’s odd they make that change now and not at facelift stage. 

2 minutes ago, iwb100 said:

Ok I’d noticed the digital display thing in the spec for a while but thought it was just a typo. That though does look like a basic digital display is now standard and can be upgraded optionally to a 10.25” virtual cockpit as before. 

It’s odd they make that change now and not at facelift stage. 

I agree

given all the problems sourcing electrical items, I thought analogue dials would have been kept! it looks a bit odd in the picture, will have to wait to see it in the flesh to get a good gauge but not sure I like it

I have a VC in my 2020 Octavia Estate just now, and spend all of my time in itwith the traditional dial set up on it, so wasn't fussed about going back to actual dials

Even the base model mentions 8.0" digital display in that section. Can't figure out what it means, unless they've upgraded the maxidot display which sits between the dials to 8". I'm assuming it's a mistake.

Just now, Theo5 said:

Even the base model mentions 8.0" digital display in that section. Can't figure out what it means, unless they've upgraded the maxidot display which sits between the dials to 8". I'm assuming it's a mistake.

the photos do show a small screen where the dials would be though!

3 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Yeah, the VW group are replacing the analogue dials with an 8" screen. On the Skoda side of things the Karoq was the first to use it.

Yeah, looks like that is correct. I was confused because it says 8" display but that photo of the Kodiaq looks like the virtual cockpit which is wider. 
This is from a VW Taigo, it looks like the graphics on the left / right of the display, aren't actually part of the display, they're backlit thingamajigs.

From the Taigo info it says
"The Digital Cockpit instrument cluster shows you the typical contents, such as speedometer and mileage recorder, as standard on a high-resolution 8-inch (20.32 cm) colour display. The Digital Cockpit Pro allows you to arrange the 10.25-inch (26.04 cm) display to suit your individual requirements."

image.png.4b6375406fe5948807310a1b1c98fe89.png

Slightly different graphics on the Kodiaq 
image.png.ffbe44e540037fb63b7cef8fd1f48ce8.png

Edited by Theo5

Yeah the left and right are clearly not part of the screen. It would be interesting to see what options you have with the 8” screen. I assume they are limited to a few views of speed, revs etc rather than mapping or audio which one assumes is limited to the digital cockpit.

The pictures above makes the Taigo one look ok but the kodiaq one looks worse than analogue instruments. I’d be interested to know how much customisation you have over it as it potentially reduces the value of the virtual cockpit considerably. It’s going to get confusing though as they are branding the full size digital cockpit as the pro but I believe Audi have a 12” version they call the pro and that is higher resolution and more functionality but that hasn’t made its way into any other vw products yet afaik. 

I do wonder whether VW will stick with the traditional cockpit setup or move to the dual screen setup many mid range brands are now going with. I like the cockpit really as it means the screen is shaded from the sun and also just looks more like a car than some sort of space ship. But the dual flat screens whilst looking fancy are I believe cheaper now for manufacturers rather than the moulded virtual cockpit solutions. 

I adore the virtual cockpit in my wife’s new Arona. It’s absolutely great. 

• Like 1

I have a Golf 8 and love the screen in that, I was trying to persuade the wife to spec her newly ordered Sportline with the virtual cockpit but she was adament she preferred the dials (like her current MY21 Kodiaq) not sure how she will react if her new one rocks up towards the end of the year with a digital cluster!!! 

*send help!* 😓 

14 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Yeah the left and right are clearly not part of the screen. It would be interesting to see what options you have with the 8” screen. I assume they are limited to a few views of speed, revs etc rather than mapping or audio which one assumes is limited to the digital cockpit.

The pictures above makes the Taigo one look ok but the kodiaq one looks worse than analogue instruments. I’d be interested to know how much customisation you have over it as it potentially reduces the value of the virtual cockpit considerably. It’s going to get confusing though as they are branding the full size digital cockpit as the pro but I believe Audi have a 12” version they call the pro and that is higher resolution and more functionality but that hasn’t made its way into any other vw products yet afaik. 

I do wonder whether VW will stick with the traditional cockpit setup or move to the dual screen setup many mid range brands are now going with. I like the cockpit really as it means the screen is shaded from the sun and also just looks more like a car than some sort of space ship. But the dual flat screens whilst looking fancy are I believe cheaper now for manufacturers rather than the moulded virtual cockpit solutions. 

I adore the virtual cockpit in my wife’s new Arona. It’s absolutely great. 

Yeah, the base Audi virtual cockpit is generally the 10.25" display with the 12.3" virtual cockpit plus being an option for MQB models. On MLB models (A4/A6 etc) you get analogue dials with a screen in the middle, then virtual cockpit plus.

Only the Touareg gets the 12.3" digital instrument cluster in the 'lesser' brands.

9 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Only the Touareg gets the 12.3" digital instrument cluster in the 'lesser' brands.

It'll work itself down... just think how long it took for Skoda to get any sort of virtual cockpit. Or scrolling indicators. Or matrix headlights.

If you want to know what your Skoda will be like in 5 years, take a look at an Audi today.

2 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

If you want to know what your Skoda will be like in 5 years, take a look at an Audi today.

What does an Audi have today that a Skoda doesn't?

When changing our cars, I seem to remember on several occasions, visiting Audi and noting they were still using the older VW group engines.  

39 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

What does an Audi have today that a Skoda doesn't?

The aforementioned 12.3" digital cluster, for one thing...

Some pretentious, pointless functionality in the front light clusters, for another (I never said it was stuff you actually wanted!)