Skoda Superb Combi 2.0 TDI 4x4 140kw L&K Business Edition - 2018

superbuser35

Hello! :)

Thought to make a thread about my new car. From 2014 to 2022 july I drove with SAAB 9-5 Estate Aero. Time goes on and needs change and so I decided to go forward. My searches began early spring and recognition hit me in june - It's when you sit in the car and you understand "this is it" 😆

At the moment I feel like you have a button phone and now you have to use smart phone - so much to discover.

Color is candy white, interior black leather, webasto, canton, 9.2" Columbus touch screen, parking camera.

Mileage: 105814 km

Spoiler

SECURITY AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT

• Power steering (speed sensitive)
• Central locking (with remote control)
• ABS brakes
• Electronic parking brake
• Airbag
• Possibility of turning off the bystander's airbag
• Driver fatigue detection system (Driver Alert Assistant)
• Alarm system (with tilt sensor, volume sensor)
• Immobilizer
• Stability control
• Brake force control
• Traction control
• Lane assist system (Lane Assist)
• Anti-collision brake system (Front Assist)
• Automatic braking system (Front Assist: Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking, for adaptive cruise control "high")
• Blind Spot Detect
• Proactive passenger protection (Crew Protect Assist)
• Rain sensor
• ISOFIX child seat attachment (rear)
• Seat belt pre-tensioners on the front seats
• Automatic standstill function / hill start assist
• Mountain brake

AMENITY EQUIPMENT

• Climate control (3-zone)
• 4x electric windows
• Electric exterior mirrors (heated, folding, with memory)
• Auto-dimming mirrors (inside, outside)
• Keyless entry and start system (KESSY)
• Adaptive Cruise Control with "follow-to-stop" and speed limiter
• Parking sensors (front, rear) "PARK DISTANCE CONTROL with MANOEUVRE ASSIST" with automatic braking
• Dynamic Chassis Control + Drive mode adjustable driving settings: Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual
• Parking camera
• ParkPilot
• Opening the luggage compartment electrically (with foot gesture, remote control)
• Webasto engine preheating
• Cabin preheating
• Tinted glasses
• Heated windshield washer nozzles
• Mirrors in sun visors (with lighting)
• Separate air conditioning for the rear seats
• Interior door lighting
• Spot lights
• Coming-/Leaving-Home function (Tunnel light, Day Light)

INTERIOR

• Leather upholstery: black
• 2x electrically adjustable seats (2x with memories)
• Seats with adjustable height (driver's seat, passenger's seat)
• Backrest with adjustable curvature + lumbar support (driver's seat, passenger's seat)
• 2x seat heaters
• Ventilated seats (front)
• Comfort seats
• Pockets in the backrests of the front seats
• Passenger seat backrest can be folded down
• Rear seat backrest can be folded down
• Heated steering wheel
• Leather steering wheel
• Sports steering wheel
• Multifunctional steering wheel
• Adjustable steering column (height and depth)
• Leather-covered gear knob
• Front armrest (with box)
• Rear armrest (with box)
• Cup holders (front, back)
• Moldings in the cabin
• Foot mats (rubber)
• Trunk mat (rubber)
• Lighting package (ambient)

AUDIO, VIDEO, COMMUNICATION

• CANTON stereo (with CD, MP3, USB slot, memory card slot, original)
• SIM card slot
• Speakers
• Color “MAXI DOT” screen
• Subwoofer
• Smart Link + Smart Gate
• Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
• 9.2" screen (front)
• Columbus navigation system: 9.2" color touchscreen, DVD player, SSD hard drive with integrated map software, possibility to share internet connection (Hotspot) using a smart device, two SD memory card slots, USB interface, Bluetooth audio connection
• Car computer
• Hands free system

TIRES AND WHEELS

• Alloy wheels: Škoda "PEGASUS" 8Jx18" anthracite + summer tires Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun 235/45 R18 98W XL
• Alloy wheels: Škoda “HELIOS” 6.5Jx17” silver + winter tires Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 215/55/R17 98T XL
• Tire pressure control system

LIGHTS

Bi-Xenon (low beam, high beam) with (Adaptive Front Light system “AFS”) + LED "DAY LIGHT" + with dynamic angle control. Dynamic headlight range control, with cornering light (AFS 1)
• Headlight washers
• Automatic switching of daytime running lights
• High beam switching assistant
• Fog lights (front, rear. With cornering light function)

OTHER EQUIPMENT

• Start-stop system
• 12v sockets
• Cooled glove box
• Tire repair kit
• Outdoor temperature display
• Rear window heating
• Luggage cover
• Separation net for cabin and luggage compartment
• Goods attachment hooks
• Chrome roof rails
• Rear window cleaner
• Towing hook (movable)
• Trailer stabilization system
• Trip meter

I have realized that there is VCDS, where you can enable/disable etc - pure pandora box and still doing research, what to do

my initial thoughts on what to do:

• Disable START/STOP - 

• Enable rear DRL - 

• Enable refuel quantity - 

• Enable cornering lighting - 

• Enable traffic sign recognition - 

• Enable trunk closing from inside (not VCDS, it's VCP)
  • Enable High Beam Assist - I have lane assist and HBA should be available ?
  • What more do enable/disable :D ?

So far I have done:

04.07 - Key battery change. Replaced by Panasonic 2032
09.07 - Updated navi maps (ver: V03959801JP0166 ECE 2018) --> (ver: V03959818H 0197 ECE 2022/2023) - Maps taken based on VIN from the portal: [url=updateportal.skoda-auto.com]updateportal.skoda-auto.com[/url] - Updating via USB took 35 min.
14.07 - The wind deflector on the left side of the rear grill has been fixed. When taken apart, it turned out that the so-called plastic fork had simply moved out of place. More information with a solution on the [url=https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/426372-rear-passenger-air-vent-part-number/page/2/][b][u]Briskoda[/u][/b][/url] page.
15.07 - Rear wiper blade replaced - Valeo Silencio Rear VR267
15.07 - Bought Škoda Helios Triton 17" rims for the winter (code: 3V0601025A / 8Z8 silver) + Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 215/55/R17 98T XL studded tires were included. Used to having tires on separate rims depending on the season, convenient.

22.07 - Rear main oil seal replacement

Things to do:

Rear brake pads - About 30% left.

Wireless Carplay dongle ? I really like how Carplay via USB works, but thinking to buy dongle to use it wirelessly - any suggestions ?

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2022 at 11:27, superbuser35 said:

Hello! :)

Thought to make a thread about my new car. From 2014 to 2022 july I drove with SAAB 9-5 Estate Aero. Time goes on and needs change and so I decided to go forward. My searches began early spring and recognition hit me in june - It's when you sit in the car and you understand "this is it" 😆

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native :)

Hello SU35 :hi:

That's exactly what I did, although ten years before you in 2012.  Went from a HOT 9-5 Aero to a V6TDI Mk1 Superb.  I went to see it with my Dad, and said to him 'This is it'! :thumbup:

Don't apologise for your English; nothing wrong there, and in any case, wait until you see some of the rubbish those of us who have it as a native tongue type! 🙄

Gaz

• Like 2

These Superbs are... well... Superb. Have driven both a fairly decent spec 2018 Superb estate in the work and a remapped 2004 9-5 Aero HOT estate belonging to a member of another forum I'm on. Both cars have been amazing, and agree that the Superb is a wonderful modern choice over the 9-5. Can't wait to see how your project unfolds. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought wireless CarPlay adapter: Ottocast U2 Air from Amazon. Cost 100€. 

https://www.ottocast.com/products/u2-air

Connecting it with car was pretty intuitive. Had few times, where it didnt connect, but after software update - no problem. Really like how fast it connects!

Main disadvantage - Drains phone battery, but it depends, how old the phone is and what condition the battery health is. 

Sad that this adapter doesn't support screen mirroring that I can play youtube etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So...new problem occured. Few weeks ago engine light came on, orange one. Car is working normally, no problems at all. Went to local service shop, they did diagnostics and found error: 15733/P20EE what means NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold 🖕

They gave me 2 options:

1. Change the NOx sensor / adaptation of the Ad-Blue system: They made me an offer: New NOx sensor: 500 € + replacement = 671 €  <-- Also mentioned that you can replace it, but your car have 2 of them...It was like "you can run but you cant hide" sentence...

2. Optimization of vehicle engine controller software. It means they to the coding to turn Ad-Blue OFF or something. Price is 500 €

I'm pretty new what comes to NOx sensor or Ad-Blue etc...so I have to understand, what is the cause if I will let them to code it OFF ?

When I asked them over the phone how often such a problem occurs, the answer was - not every day, but it occurs and almost everytime owner choose to code it OFF. Is it true, I don't know...at the moment I'm trying to understand, what are the consequences if the error is coded out ?

Or is there any third option also available ? If someone have been this kind of situation, please contact me and how your NOx thing solved ? 🙏

When buying a car, a lot was learned about this adblue system. And I decided for myself that at the first breakdown I turn it off and forget it.

There are three main problems and each costs from 600 euros. Just like with the PDF filter.

You just need to find out what rules you have when passing inspection.

We haven't been tested yet.

Sorry for gogl translate.

On 15.08.2022 at 10:07, superbuser35 said:

Купил беспроводной адаптер CarPlay: Ottocast U2 Air от Amazon. Стоимость 100€. 

https://www.ottocast.com/products/u2-air

Подключение его к машине было довольно интуитивным. Было несколько раз, когда он не подключался, но после обновления программного обеспечения - никаких проблем. Очень нравится, как быстро он подключается!

Основной недостаток - Разряжает батарею телефона, но это зависит от того, сколько лет телефону и в каком состоянии батарея. 

Печально, что этот адаптер не поддерживает зеркальное отображение экрана, чтобы я мог воспроизводить YouTube и т. Д.

connected youtube via carstream 

IMG_20221013_141520.jpg

• 4 months later...

Škoda tells me that I have to go to regular maintenance in a few days. Therefore I thought, where I can check exactly, what the next service should do ?

Mileage is at the moment: 112236 km - Where can I get full info about next service without asking it from dealer ?

Ask who ever told you the regular service is due what they think is required.

Or was that the service indicator on the car that shows service due?

Plenty posts in the Superb section if you look.

?

What has been done so far, last services.

?

When was it done?

Oil & Filter, Fixed or Variable Servicing.

Haldex service @ 3 years / 30,000 miles.*Not just the oil changed.*

DSG oil change @ 80,000 miles or sooner if a DQ381. 

Brake Fluid change at 3 years then each 2.

Pollen filter @ 2 years or sooner if needed.

Air filter when dirty.

Brakes serviced as needed.  etc etc 

Cambelt / Water pump according to country, advice / recommendations.

Just as an idea,

1624336521_37335614_Screenshot2021-09-14at07_38_18(3).webp.3c042b3d60ff4f7eed63333aeb416947.webp

Screenshot 2023-03-01 07.37.19.png

1025295341_Screenshot2021-09-29at07_53_17.jpg.f3e4a6dc63cb89105f9b1ac440bb1614.jpg

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

Thank you to everyone who bothered to answer my amateurish questions - Still learning :D

I tried to took apart dealer and other Skoda workshop maintenance offers, to understand - is there something that I can do by myself.

After some searching I came to a conclusion about filters: I can buy filters a lot cheaper and going to change myself: Pollen and air filter, but going to buy all the filters below.

OEM code MANN MANN site  Local price (€)
Air filter 5Q0129620C C 30 004 Link  14.96
Oil filter 03N115562B HU 7020 z Link  6.65
Pollen filter 5Q0819669 FP 26 009 Link  15.25
Hydraulic Transmission Filter 0GC325183A H 6031 z Link  6.65

Maintenance contains also engine oil replacement and Im going with Mobil Super 3000 Formula V 5W30 - 5L cost 39€ (dealer price for the same oil was 106 €)

There is also Haldex clutch oil 850ML - OEM code should be G  060175A2 - Workshop price is ~58 € (with discount) - At the same time, same amound oil from Febi or SWAG costs 17 €... am i missing something?

Edited by superbuser35
  • Like 1

If you have not already, you will need to decide if you are going with Long Life oil regime (flexible) or a fixed service schedule.  If you have not already, you will need VCDS or similar to reset the service, more so if you are going with flexible service.  If you are going to change to a fixed service, then you can reset yourself without using the VCDS tool/similar.

The OP has been on a flexible service since the beginning, so now has to make choice for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

After some researching and calculations Superb went to maintenane and was done:

• Engine oil change: I had it myself and used Mobil Super 3000 Formula V 5W30 (the dealership uses the same oil, but from them 5L costs over 100€ ) - 5L can in the store cost me 39€

• OIL CAP WITH WASHER
• K/TRANSMISSION OIL DSG/DCT
• OIL FILTER (MANN)
• HYDRAULIC FILTER WITH SEAL
• Replacement of remote control battery (PHILIPS)

I did filter replacement by myself (filters costs 51.51€). It was pretty straight forward and took about 25 minutes, but saved me pretty much € :D

Didn't changed fuel filter, going to do it soon.

4898512_IMG_3790(1).thumb.jpg.145e70bbc64b12c9cfa224d0cf358d18.jpg

35759633_IMG_379222(4).jpg.7d232624faceb0ae174f31cdb5e0a248.jpg

165101868_IMG_3797(1).jpg.d17ad3c5718cc807312f1acfc9e2ddb5.jpg

Edited by superbuser35
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cant edit my first post to update, what is changed, so lets put it here:

AUGUST 2022: 

03.08 - Rear brake pads replaced with Brembo.
11.08 - Wireless CarPlay adapter OTTOCAST U2 Air

SEPTEMBER 2022

16.09 - The yellow lights in the tailgate have been replaced with white ones.

JANUARY 2023:

20.01 - Changed the front wipers - Valeo Silencio VF387 (574707)

MARCH 2023:

• Engine oil change: I had it myself and used Mobil Super 3000 Formula V 5W30 (the dealership uses the same oil, but from them 5L costs over 100€ ) - 5L can in the store cost me 39€

• OIL CAP WITH WASHER
• K/TRANSMISSION OIL DSG/DCT
• OIL FILTER (MANN)
• HYDRAULIC FILTER WITH SEAL
• Replacement of remote control battery (PHILIPS)

10.03 - Replaced air filter (MANN-FILTER C 30 004 / cold climate filter) and cabin filter (MANN-FILTER FP 26 009) - Done by myself.

25.03 - Navi update to version: V03959820BL ECE 0310 - Used Samsung T1 portable SSD over USB to update.