Time for a General Election?

@Lee

Should the Government call a General Election  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Government call a General Election?

• Yes
    • No

You threw her by saying "poor Liz", she didn't recognise the irony and thought you were agreeing with her.

Is she available for a short term contract as Prime Minister? She seems to have what it takes!  😆

4 minutes ago, Bigeater said:

It doesn't matter what the public wants. The tories aren't going to score an own goal by having a general election. That would invite billy smart's circus to govern.

And who's circus has been governing since 2010? They've trashed the UKs reputation and its economy. They've lost all right to claim they're fiscally responsible.

Things got progressively worse after Cameron tried to quell the Eurosceptic headbangers and ERG loons' (of which Truss and Kwarteng were a part of) with his stupid question in 2016.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Brexit was a poisoned chalice. All this started in 2016 and for what? 

• Love it! 1

Well according to the Time's Camilla Cavendish on Question Time, Tortoise media have signed up a tortoise, an American and a Ukrainian (all fictitious) as members of the Conservative party proving how flawed the Con party membership is.

Theses fictitious members will have a vote if the new PM candidate goes to the members.

All the more reason for a GE and ask the people of the UK of GB and NI in my opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Well according to the Time's Camilla Cavendish on Question Time, Tortoise media have signed up a tortoise, an American and a Ukrainian (all fictitious) as members of the Conservative party proving how flawed the Con party membership is.

That was quite some moment! It totally silenced the room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

For you to have a hobby horse for the next 6 years.

It'd be nice, actually welcomed, if you could lay off the personal digs and stick to the actual topic. I've asked you many times before and again, I'm asking you politely to just cut it out. Do not be surprised if my next response is less than polite with involvement requested from higher up. Banter is one thing and I have no problem with that but your digs are beyond banter. It's personal and only you know the answer as to why you've chosen to take things personally. I hope that's clear and this is the end of the matter.

Thanks 👍

Edited by @Lee

@@LeeNothing personal, when there were others using the forum exclusively in the same manner they recieved similar observations, you asked the question, my answer was not off topic.

UK Currency and Bonds slipping quickly with news that Bojo the clown may become PM or some other circus rather than the couple of serious economist the Con party has.  

BoJo had a mandate in 2019, but IMHO then blew it by breaking the regulations he put in place, so why would anyone what someone back running the country who has no respect for the laws he put in place and then lied about breaking them? That's not a person you can trust IMHO.

I vote for Rishi, who IMHO would have won the Conservative party members vote if he had been a white male (racist comment I know but it's what I and most members of my family think - the Conservative party appears to be institutionaly racist).

Having said all that, a General Election would be the best option to give whoever wins it a renewed mandate in the war in Ukraine world we now live it.

• Like 1

FAO @Cakemonster  'Government implosion in the UK. How the British made themselves the laughing stock of Europe'. First tragedy, then comedy then finally farce. Truss did everything wrong that could be done wrong. The causes of the chaos go back further. Now it seems it's possible Johnson could come back' 

Spoiler

759189001_FflrDdHXgAAqVhO(1).thumb.jpg.51a0edd16fde75839ccd1b6991c4e143.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

FAO @Cakemonster  'Government implosion in the UK. How the British made themselves the laughing stock of Europe'. First tragedy, then comedy then finally farce. Truss did everything wrong that could be done wrong. The causes of the chaos go back further. Now it seems it's possible Johnson could come back' 

Hide contents

759189001_FflrDdHXgAAqVhO(1).thumb.jpg.51a0edd16fde75839ccd1b6991c4e143.jpg

As I thought/expected...

• Like 1

OK so it turns out Truss is entitled to that £115,000/pa but apparently it's not a pension - it's expenses for running a Prime Ministerial office that she'd have to claim. If she had any decency she'd do the right thing and not claim a single penny. But has the lib dem, tory, Republican, monarchist, remainer, brexiter Liz Truss any decency?
I can't see how she'd need an office after 44 days as PM. MPs are trying to block her eligibility to claim it and rightly so. 

Current standing;

Johnson 31 backers, Mordaunt on 16 and Sunak on 49.
11;45 on the ticker https://news.sky.com/story/next-prime-minister-uk-latest-boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-truss-mordaunt-12593360?postid=4704404#liveblog-body

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

MPs will forgive Johnson anything he has ever done wrong, or will do wrong, if they think he can win them the next general election.  All he has to do is stand there waffling like a third rate Churchill and tory voters go weak at the knees.  If one has 'resigned' the office of PM (de facto sacked by your party really), one should be prevented from being reconsidered for the position until the next parliament at the earliest, possibly even banned forever depending on the circumstances of the resignation/sacking.

Of course the above is true for any political party.

I wish I had put some money on Johnson yesterday when he was at 27/1.

• Like 1

I love that Boris Johnson MP might come back from holiday early because Liz Truss resigned.

Not because his paid job is as a constituency MP and he has had a fair bit of time off this year already. 

There was a selection of a new leader, there was a 'Big Funeral', there was a Party Conference, he had knocked his pan in for a couple of years, nearly died, had a coupe of children, got married again, hidden in a fridge, earned lots in his other jobs, & already holidayed like it was 1999 since 1999. 

Love the useful idiots supporting the idea of him standing to be leader of the Conservative Party & the PM. 

People that really need monitored as they might well have issues....

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Love the useful idiots supporting the idea of him standing to be leader of the Conservative Party & the PM. 

People that really need monitored as they might well have issues....

There's a lot of collective amnesia I think, George. Either that or there's invisible horses roaming the UK kicking people in the head. My issue is everyone knows, or at least should know by now, what an utterly despicable human being he is and how unfit he is for the job. Yet people just don't seem to care. It's all very Trumpian. 

And as for those MPs close to him wanting him back - that just shows that they're tone deaf and as usual with them, it's party before country. Their jobs before people.
I remember when he was ousted and Rees-Mogg was saying that the next PM should be chosen by the country in a GE. Well, he was quick to change his tune the hypocrite. He's not the only hypocrite in the party but he always rises to the top (bottom) in the hypocrisy sweep stakes.

Caveat, it's only Friday...

Capture.PNG.85cb1abab3cc782aede252e14e2c3dd9.PNG

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, @Lee said:

There's a lot of collective amnesia I think, George. Either that or there's invisible horses roaming the UK kicking people in the head. My issue is everyone knows, or at least should know by now, what an utterly despicable human being he is and how unfit he is for the job. Yet people just don't seem to care. It's all very Trumpian. 

And as for those MPs close to him wanting him back - that just shows that they're tone deaf and as usual with them, it's party before country. Their jobs before people.
I remember when he was ousted and Rees-Mogg was saying that the next PM should be chosen by the country in a GE. Well, he was quick to change his tune the hypocrite. He's not the only hypocrite in the party but he always rises to the top (bottom) in the hypocrisy sweep stakes.

Caveat, it's only Friday...

Capture.PNG.85cb1abab3cc782aede252e14e2c3dd9.PNG

Should we be worried that ^^^ is page 1 of 9 !!! and it's only just beginning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

Should we be worried that ^^^ is page 1 of 9 !!! and it's only just beginning 

Extrapolating from the current data, I'd predict 20 pages, with Rishi Rich getting about 200 names, Clownshoes Churchill maybe or maybe not getting 100 names, and Penny Mordor not getting close to 100.

I really am surprised they are not getting behind Therese Coffey.  

A truly brilliant woman that hides it so well by doing things so badly.  Very much like Boris then. . 

This is Boris's biggest fan boy. Totally 3 monkeys,

nice but dim, that is what happens if you do to much banking.

Lest we forget.

Edited by roottoot
  • Haha 1

What a f'in joke. 44 days and that useless Truss who tanked the economy and increased mortgage payments gets a blooming Resignation Honours list!!

The tories will pack the Lord's with pro Tory peers three times in two years!

There should be a rule - no full term, no Honours list. I think I'm more annoyed about this than the money TBH.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-liz-truss-resignation-honours-boris-johnson-alastair-campbell-b1034379.html

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 4

I have a smart brother.

He put money on as Liz Truss was being installed as PM, got 16/1 that she would go in 2022.

He has made over £700 from that bet.

Very astute.  If Boris is installed as PM should be some interesting odds how long he will last ie not until the 5 year term an election is due.   

Edited by lol-lol