Skoda Felicia Pacific 1.8t project

Joe_culyer

This is my 1999 Felicia Pacific 1.3 MPI that I'm going to hopefully fit a 1.8t 20v Bam in.

Modifications I've already done include      15" vauxhall cavalier wheels.   

Lowering springs 

Seat Leon cupra front splitter 

Two rear wings fitted and painted along with both sides of the car because the arches were rusty.

And a couple of little bits and bobs along the way.

I really love driving this car but I want it to be a complete animal so it's getting 1.8 20v turbo and some handling and braking mods to go with it.

I'll be posting as soon as I get the axle back from powder coating.

IMG_20221119_190934.thumb.jpg.b40bb12a8424637be7c23448471c39df.jpg

IMG_20221112_160029.thumb.jpg.5711115ec5305da34c5a014dd8f528f5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, Joe_culyer said:

Modifications I've already done include      15" Vauxhall cavalier wheels.   

Lowering springs

Nice stance mate.

I think you'll need to change the springs all round and front dampers for a 1.8t installation, but a few of them have been done.

Got some new seats for it. 

Vauxhall nova Sri/GTi seats

managed to make a couple of brackets for the front and the rear bolted straight on.

Gonna get them re upholstered in the original fabric

IMG_20230101_122537.jpg

IMG_20230103_160626.jpg

• Like 1

Had a couple hours at the workshop today so I got a couple of smaller jobs done and started while I wait for parts.

Decided to put my rear mudflaps on because I couldn't help myself and painted one of my brake calipers.

Also started working on a rear strut brace. It's a front strut brace from a Volvo S60 that will just need some mounting points made up.

Got one of the rear arches painted. Just the rest of the car to go now. 

Also got my brake calipers painted and mudflaps on. Should hopefully have the axle back by next week. 

The coilovers are for a MK3 golf GTi. Has been done a few times but you just need to shave a few mill from the top spacer to make them fit with the Felicia top mounts.

IMG_20230112_160200.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So i got my axle back from the powder coaters and it looks mint.

Installed a full MK 3 golf brake setup with EBC green stuff pads and slotted rotors. Luckily these told me what way round to put them cos i can never work it out😂  Everything from the stub axle outwards, is golf.  Just got to put in the pivot bushes and its ready to go back in after i paint the underside of the car.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADY3Nzg3ZDI0LTZiMDgtNDUyZS04ODZmLTIzMzdmYmIzNTc3YQBGAAAAAACrVrtnr2dxSZDDahtsWJOFBwBLkOfzSME7T7N%2F38jVhlLrAAAAp0hGAACNy0QwOHa4RJSx2M5mzlJKAAJHTYAJAAABEgAQAPThUD3zUYxJkE2if5vO1l4%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQbVEifQ.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.t_Fsj9aV0K6MWc8YVoLeVHqi7h1RGooJu5Goa7QW6uRcyfPYY59X04XuqexLeFYeSsdUwu_C3QK2GfRI4nCuYtmVu94ThXHcqDrjB3DrRzyW5HYMrF4QEQR4ZUXl184C36GlBdWi8isKESFbkGDQ7wWzTwv9sjzRM9IcjToLHjppUzlvygc4zwHDlcv_oxPQe2nAszOKXlmMZju7Y8ctOcm8p5A0m5ylBPZ2Q3QwW4UW9HDvO0KeyNB4IK32x2pMRUyCo8Mt10hMdxs5AZ0RoNX7LRvtIG_gFWkJKgsjDOQhbMifjoMJd7vEqBQmIgFhu7lBp3bNO75gUBOqCfVJmw&X-OWA-CANARY=pmNHztyKp0SvUWLBFDdrCeDVLsW_-9oY-nlNC_ZgAlFJNsUmlKm7O_u-CCIPD07PfWtdQCHP6VU.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20230113006.11&animation=true

3 minutes ago, Joe_culyer said:

Can only see the last photo on my laptop for some reason. It's just a link that doesn't work on my phone. 🤔

There's what looks like 13 lines of tracking cluff after the first line that reads "GetAttachmentThumbnail?" Who are you using for photo-hosting?

29 minutes ago, Joe_culyer said:

Can only see the last photo on my laptop for some reason. It's just a link that doesn't work on my phone. 🤔

It's a photo stored on outlook, and it works on laptop probably because you are logged in with your credentials.

You will need to save it/download it and attach to the post using the paperclip icon.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update.

Pulled the engine and gearbox out. 

I'll use it for something one day because they are both low mileage and in really good nick so I'll maybe put that engine on bike carbs and stick it in a favorit or something. Most of the rear end is painted now but I found some rust in the wheel arch behind the filler cap. Seem like a mud trap so I'm not surprised so I'll get that sorted soon and then the axle can get put back in. 

I also massively underestimated how much time boring out the front knuckles for the coilovers was gonna take😂

• Like 1

Are you using Golf coilovers on the front? I considered them but was concerned about the amount of metal that needs to be removed from the hub carrier for them to fit. I went with mk1 Ford Focus front coilovers in the end because they are smaller diameter towards the bottom so they fit into the hub carrier much more readily.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled out the front subframe tonight and decided that I was going to strengthen the dog bone mount. It has two ears that it mounts too, so I made a curved plate and welded it round the back to strengthen it up. It's probably not necessary but with the amount of power I want to put through it I thought it was worth doing. Will get some pictures once the grinder makes me the welder I ain't😅

Also for any Felicia owners and I imagine favorit owners I would advise checking behind your fuel cap for rust. Beneath where the filler neck bolts on in the wheel arch. Mines is very solid car with 76k miles and it had rust here so probably worth checking as I have never seen anybody mention it.

IMG_20230309_235113.jpg

• Like 2

Just bought my 97 Felicia, always wanted one since my brother had one as his first car. I aspire to do something like this one day so this is great to follow. Keep up the great work

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Working on the fuel pump currently after having loads of other people's cars to fix🙄 found out that the audi tt and the felicia fuel pump housing is exactly the same apart from the level sender. Meaning I can get a fuel pump for a fwd 1.8t car and put it in the felicia. Chuffed with that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update on the car. 

Managed to get a generator to run my welder so have been cracking on with some rust on the rear. Was going to put the axle in but then realised I'd have to take it out again to do the welding. 

Started on stripping back all the seam sealer in the front wheel arches ready for stitch welding.

Will put some photos up later.

Also decided on getting a 1.9 diesel gearbox for the longer 6th gear.

Progress is picking up again after my minis gearbox decided to retire and send it's bearings into unfamiliar territory.