Octavia vRS buying points?

MRO881E

Ok, after drooling over CCROSBY's black Octavia vRS at the Scottish RR day on Sunday, I am planning on changing the Golf for one early next year (Dec/Jan is a bad time to try and sell a car me thinks!)

I'll be looking to spend approx

dont know about Y or 51 reg cars, but you can search for used Skodas from the UK website under car search.

Lets you enter all the criteria you want including colour then sorts them out for you.

Saves you trauling through the car mags and traders and gets you a fully approved car from a dealer, its the way i'm going if i cant get the deal i'm after on a new one

I think/hope I am right in saying that <3 years the warranty is valid on the car not tied to the original buyer/car. That assumes it's in a good condition and free of mods. If it's modded you should assume no warranty and be thankfull at any IMHO' date=' but never hurts to ask. Buying from the dealer should give you 12 months normal rights under sale of goods act (Denis, LadyLoki step in please).

Of course I happen to know a great 4x4 for sale..[/quote']

How much you looking for ColinD?

I was looking at an Octavia before I found my Golf.... wish I had just waited now.... typical!

Mike,

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the Golf. SWMBO is half thinking about trading the A4 and getting a 5-door Golf 1.8T. We / She's had Golf GTI's for many years (Mk1, Mk2, Mk3) but never the Mk4 version.

Cheers,

Put your foot down man' date=' a matching pair of RS's on the drive has much more street cred.

One black, One silver :D[/quote']

Funny you should mention that Geoff. Already had the discussion but the Octy is very similar in size to the A4 and Mrs Jimmy would like a 'smaller' car. Hence the discussion re: a Golf 1.8T. Don't worry I've also tried to suggest the Furby vRS but was shot down in flames (Mrs J is still a badge snob I'm afraid). Actually still recovering from the burns....

:cheers:

I've been there......................obviously not Prague.
But why did they release you without having found a cure for you for the mental gymnastics involved in convincing yourself that you should trade in the vRS for a Superb......:confused:

But why did they release you without having found a cure for you for the mental gymnastics involved in convincing yourself that you should trade in the v[/size']RS for a Superb......:confused:

Patience Denis, patience. All will be revealed.

Des