Engine Cover Dealer Delete

1 hour ago, travs said:

Well this has taken an interesting turn. Currently on a chat with a CSR at Skoda HQ. He phoned Allams to ask about the engine cover and the response initially was: 

Steven01:43 PM

Thank you so much for your patience. Allams Škoda has advised that your vehicle is not coming up on their system, according to them your vehicle has not yet been at their Centre.

He then asked me if I could recall who I spoke to? Like as if that's the defining information, isn't he sitting in front of a computer with all my details on clearly showing the dealer to be talking b0ll0cks?

Interesting to see that Allams Epsom haven't changed - I stopped going there after my Octavia's first annual service.

5 hours ago, travs said:

Allams Škoda has advised that your vehicle is not coming up on their system, according to them your vehicle has not yet been at their Centre.

WTF??? Well, I did say Allams are utterly bleeding useless. 🙄 What are SUK now going to do? 

• Like 1

Car has been in for 1st year service today - they were none too happy that I’d removed the engine cover - had me sign a declaration that I’d presented the car without cover because of it being lost / destroyed…………

• Like 1

21 hours ago, numskull said:

WTF??? Well, I did say Allams are utterly bleeding useless. 🙄 What are SUK now going to do? 

Quite literally sweet fanny adams. Reckon it’s all on the dealer - told me the dealer would have sent the letter out and the dealer has no definitive timescale on when the new one will be in stock. I kept asking the guy about what Skoda UK knew or did or possible for and he wouldn’t answer. Seems to be no accountability from Skoda UK - he didn’t seem to give a t0ss anyway.

For all the risk it’ll do me I might as well be a Skoda dealer.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, travs said:

Quite literally sweet fanny adams. Reckon it’s all on the dealer - told me the dealer would have sent the letter out and the dealer has no definitive timescale on when the new one will be in stock. I kept asking the guy about what Skoda UK knew or did or possible for and he wouldn’t answer. Seems to be no accountability from Skoda UK - he didn’t seem to give a t0ss anyway.

For all the risk it’ll do me I might as well be a Skoda dealer.

Unfortunately, it often seems to be 'no care, no responsibility' and keep feeding the customer nonsense until they just go away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toot said:

These are the contractors providing Customer Services. 

People with a keyboard that can be anyplace in the world, which is OK but for knowing jack sh-1t on almost everything. 

368071363_Screenshot2022-03-2511_55_58.jpg.edf9de7f74f6008ca469ca99fb9091d8.jpg.59c8e70155a4cf78e8950a1f2f6ef6be (2).jpg

Full of BS Corporation-Speak and employing Customer Service Manglers (sic) who couldn't tell their rear end from their elbow. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 18:13, toot said:

People with a keyboard that can be anyplace in the world, which is OK but for knowing jack sh-1t on almost everything. 

368071363_Screenshot2022-03-2511_55_58.jpg.edf9de7f74f6008ca469ca99fb9091d8.jpg.59c8e70155a4cf78e8950a1f2f6ef6be (2).jpg

No wonder - he didn’t have a clue. Almost feel sorry for him. Will sack that off and just stick a complaint in a couple of weeks. Cheers toot

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 18:13, toot said:

Quiet possibly the worse call centre contractor in the world. They may well’’ve been “building” (repurposing) an office in Leeds, but that doesn’t mean that the calls will be answered by that centre, as they also have English-speaking centres in India, The Philippines, Malaysia and South Africa and they can route calls wherever TTEC see fit. They’re targeted to get call lengths minimised. The days of true customer service is well and truly over, with one of the last bastions of great service, namely John Lewis, now providing mediocrity at all levels. 

Edited by numskull
  • Like 2

I posted in a thread from a members who's father had a DSG issue and who was getting communications from a Customer Relations Adviser or senior management like a Resolution Manager.

They really have some interesting employees dealing with serious matters that i would not have giving advice on fitting shoes to a child. 

People do not like if i post from Linkedin..  But is is them that put themselves out there so why not.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/502758-dsg-advice-request

What a bunch.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/508567-suggestions-on-where-to-purchase-a-spare-car-key

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg

Edited by toot
  • Haha 1

On 17/02/2023 at 09:44, MartiniB said:

2023.01 280ps DNFE came without cover
as result, it's lot louder than my previous 2016.02 220ps CHHB

waiting for info from dealer, will it be added later or never

I'll guess the Skoda response to that: "Definitely one or the other".

Fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Update - had oil service (i.e. 2nd year) yesterday and service desk phoned during the day to say that there are engine covers now available. 2-second whileuwait job but obvs has to be done by them. Its a pre-order item and have booked me in for...10th Oct. Stupid timeline for that sort of job but it is what it is.

• Like 3

Hello everyone.

In April, I couldn't wait and purchased the updated cover 06Q 103 925L. It was no different from the factory 06Q 103 925K, except that it had white plastic rivets.

1.png

Today, I received the updated cover from the dealer, with the code 06Q 103 925N. The reverse side is completely different, and there is additional protection.

_20230925_122847.jpg

_20230925_122906.jpg

_20230925_123038.jpg

_20230925_123148.jpg

Edited by ND1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, ND1 said:

06Q 103 925N. The reverse side is completely different, and there is additional protection

looks like it's made from thinner and maybe harder plastic,

are any changes in sound comfort noticed?