Help me with Enabling passenger mirror dip on selecting reverse

Hi guys

I was trying to enable passenger mirror dip on selecting reverse but I received an error and I didnt knew how to continue. My Octavia III is from November'13 and maybe it isn't compatible with this mod. Well, car's module 52 is for passeger's door like the tutorial tells

2055859042_Modulo52.png.1f8418ff88a2ef3139ddac683fa7b008.png

Really bits 2 and 3 in byte 4 are correct and if you read the descripcion them are for dipping mirror  

1879105510_Modulo52byte4.thumb.png.d4e6d113021a259b740b3769e198d842.png

I activate both but when I exited for write the chages I received and error and I didnt know if was secure for the car Continue. Can you help me with that?

1569684188_Espejostry1.thumb.png.72c1ecf429e714462bf15147585d9ac1.png

Maybe I should to select "NO" and continue, but I was afraid of decoding the control unit and causing a breakdown

I could activate fog lights as cornering lights, activate fuel refill on maxidot and activate goth rear fog lights using the tutorial on this forum.

Thanks in advance

Edited by yerbito

It’s largely a waste of time if you don’t have memory seats.  The mirror isn’t able to store positions without the memory so it’s hit and miss wether it works properly or not. Mine was miss, so i reversed the changes. 

• Like 1

Hi.

5 hours ago, varooom said:

Press Yes, as it needs a workshop code and country code written in VCDS.

You can change the default to a value you read from other systems,  210, 34598 foe a random example.

Can you tell me how can I get worshop code and country code of another system? I want to try it tomorrow. Thanks

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

It’s largely a waste of time if you don’t have memory seats.  The mirror isn’t able to store positions without the memory so it’s hit and miss wether it works properly or not. Mine was miss, so i reversed the changes. 

Really my car doesnt have memory seats 😞 But I will try it if is possible. In case of the modification doesnt work I will reverse the changes. Thanks.

2 hours ago, gkr47 said:

I can do this by accessing the settings menu in the car on my Golf and my previous one.

This is not possible on mine car

8 minutes ago, yerbito said:

Can you tell me how can I get worshop code and country code of another system? I want to try it tomorrow. Thanks

https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_2.php#2.9

2.9 What's the Work Shop Code?

Every VW/Audi dealer in the world is assigned a unique Work Shop Code (WSC). Whenever certain changes are made to a control module (such as Coding or Adaptation), the factory scan tool sends its WSC information to the control module and the control module records it for posterity.

VCDS will accept a WSC once on the Options Screen and it is not easily changed (contact Ross-Tech if you have entered it in error). If you enter a WSC there, VCDS will send that fixed WSC to the control modules exactly how the factory scan tools do. If you leave the WSC on the Options Screen at its default of 00000, VCDS will operate in "stealth mode". Instead of sending a fixed WSC, it will put back whatever was already in the control module.

When a brand new control module is installed, it may not have any previous WSC info stored, so the default setting of VCDS of 00000 may cause the control module to reject the coding. In these cases you should enter any non-zero number with the correct number of digits (such as 12345) in the WSC field on the Coding screen.

Behind your picture here, you will see an Importer and Workshop Code

Yours is covered by you opening a new screen

5 hours ago, yerbito said:

1569684188_Espejostry1.thumb.png.72c1ecf429e714462bf15147585d9ac1.png

Here is where you need to grab existing information from

So Importer = 790 and Workshop Code = 73430 on this example screen

1074808829_0019-GatewayAdaption.png.072270fcb723c22c4c4861fdd2a3b632.png

Then take these values and input them into your VCDS from your screen

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.php

Seen here from 12 seconds where you input the values

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Same here, my previous Elegance didn't have memory seats and the mirror would never return to the same position. My current L&K has memory seats and the mirror always returns correctly.

I've coded in the mirror dip on my car without the memory seats and 9 times out of 10, it returns back to where I was.

Then if it doesn't, it's only a nudge on the adjuster to put it back. Minor issue to overcome compared to having to pay for leccy seats just to have got the function.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tunedude said:

Then if it doesn't, it's only a nudge on the adjuster to put it back. Minor issue to overcome compared to having to pay for leccy seats just to have got the function.

You don't need electric seats.

You need a mirror motor with position sensing (7 wires rather than 3) and a door controller which supports it...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Same here, my previous Elegance didn't have memory seats and the mirror would never return to the same position. My current L&K has memory seats and the mirror always returns correctly.

I have an Opel Insignia with memory seats and mirror too returns correctly. Today I tried to activate mirror dip on my Octavia and mirror didn't return. Really mirror dip only a little bit. The mirror only returned to the first position when I changed the mirror knob from "passenger mror" to "0"

6 hours ago, tunedude said:

I've coded in the mirror dip on my car without the memory seats and 9 times out of 10, it returns back to where I was.

Please, can you tell me more about how to do this codification

6 hours ago, langers2k said:

You don't need electric seats.

You need a mirror motor with position sensing (7 wires rather than 3) and a door controller which supports it...

My car's mirror have 6 wires (at leats the driver's side one). I think tat wire are:

1 ground

2 for control the movements

1 for blinker

1 for defog

taking advantage of this conversation. is it possible to install auto foldabling mirror in a car that dont have that opcion?

6 hours ago, tunedude said:

Likewise on our Kodiaq...   It helps and isn't a hardship to correct every now and then

8 minutes ago, yerbito said:

taking advantage of this conversation. is it possible to install auto foldabling mirror in a car that dont have that opcion?

Anything is possible although you are now asking about two separate functions - auto folding vs reverse dipping.

- if you want reverse dipping, you'll need a memory motor with some extra wires

- If you want auto folding, you'll need two new wing mirrors with the motors built in and ideally a new mirror control switch with a fold position

Both rely on your door control modules supporting that function, I'd suggest you start with identifying what your current modules support :thumbup:

Practical examples:

- Random example of someone on drive2.ru fitting a memory motor: https://www.drive2.ru/l/572878819371786178/

- Sasha did a decent write up for power fold mirrors here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/442148-sasha’s-octavia-vrs/?do=findComment&comment=5155004

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Anything is possible although you are now asking about two separate functions - auto folding vs reverse dipping.

- if you want reverse dipping, you'll need a memory motor with some extra wires

- If you want auto folding, you'll need two new wing mirrors with the motors built in and ideally a new mirror control switch with a fold position

Well, I know that mirror dipping and foldabling mirror are two different things, but I asked because we are talking about mirrors ;)

12 minutes ago, langers2k said:

oth rely on your door control modules supporting that function, I'd suggest you start with identifying what your current modules support :thumbup:

As you say, I will identify the modules this week, then I will compare it with Sasha's one

16 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Practical examples:

- Random example of someone on drive2.ru fitting a memory motor: https://www.drive2.ru/l/572878819371786178/

- Sasha did a decent write up for power fold mirrors here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/442148-sasha’s-octavia-vrs/?do=findComment&comment=5155004

The first one Its looks difficult and I can't speak russian. Maybe if I do the second one I will need to change door module, the mirrors ( ones with more wires) and mirrors knob and finally I get that two new functions on my car.

Is it possible to know the part number of the appropriate module? Thanks.

9 hours ago, yerbito said:

The first one Its looks difficult and I can't speak russian. Maybe if I do the second one I will need to change door module, the mirrors ( ones with more wires) and mirrors knob and finally I get that two new functions on my car.

Is it possible to know the part number of the appropriate module? Thanks.

Google Chrome normally does a pretty good job of translating drive2, either right click and translate or press the translate this page button.

I'm not sure of the door modules part numbers for a pre-FL MK3 as it's not something I've had to research.

- There is a 2014 scan here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/8676/

- There is a 2016 scan here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/8058/#post-75182

- There is a 2017 scan here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/33149/#post-279382

All three have memory seats so I would assume memory motors and highline door modules.

My 2019 FL with power fold, memory motors and auto-dimming has these modules from factory:

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386)       Labels:| 5QX-959-X93-42.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q4 959 593 E    HW: 5Q4 959 593 B
   Component: TSG FS        011 0032  

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387)       Labels:| 5QX-959-X92-52.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q4 959 592 E    HW: 5Q4 959 592 B
   Component: TSG BFS       011 0032  

Just a reminder, ideally you want the modules from an Octavia. If they come from another car they will probably need a parameter/dataset uploading to get them working properly :)

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

Google Chrome normally does a pretty good job of translating drive2, either right click and translate or press the translate this page button.

I'm not sure of the door modules part numbers for a pre-FL MK3 as it's not something I've had to research.

I'm afraid to use Google Translation for something so sensitive. One bad step and maybe need to recode a module or a ecu. 

I have my modules information:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386)       Labels:| 5QX-959-X93-42.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q4 959 393 E    HW: 5Q4 959 393 B
   Component: TSG FS        010 0031  
   Serial number: 0000175550004 
   Coding: 001000208000040000001100
   Shop #: WSC 21626 000 1048576
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXCONT 006001
   ROD: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXCONT.rod
   VCID: 458B0CD6C4A1EFA5F1-8010

Rear Driver Side Door Control Module: 
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 959 811 A    HW: 5Q0 959 811 A  Labels: 5QX-959-81X-V1.CLB
   Component: FOND_FHSG_DRV  005 0004 
   Serial number: 00000000000000227768
   Coding: 010200

No fault code found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387)       Labels:| 5QX-959-X92-52.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q4 959 392 E    HW: 5Q4 959 392 B
   Component: TSG BFS       010 0031  
   Serial number: 0000155959757 
   Coding: 001000208000040000001100
   Shop #: WSC 21626 000 1048576
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXCONT 006001
   ROD: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXCONT.rod
   VCID: 448D11D2CF9BD6ADE6-8010

Rear Passenger Door Control Module: 
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 959 812 A    HW: 5Q0 959 812 A  Labels: 5QX-959-81X-V1.CLB
   Component: FOND_FHSG_PSG  005 0004 
   Serial number: 00000000000000236216
   Coding: 190200

No fault code found.

Now I need to know if those modules are compatible with foldable mirrors. On Vagcom I can to activate foldable mirros option. Maybe it is compatible, isnt it? And  I need to dissambly one door and check wires from module to mirror  because I remember that only was six wires per mirror, and fodables ones have more wires. In this case I need to buy mirrors and wire harness. Also I need to check how many wires are form module to mirrors knob and then buy in a car  scrapping or ebay all I will need

Pretty sure parts ending in 393/392 are not suitable, you need 593/592. At least based on this thread: https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/5504/replacing-modules-power-folding-mirrors

The mirrors should have the wiring harness attached with the correct number of wires for whichever functions it supports. It's only anti-dazzle/auto dimming that'll need more wiring.

IIRC, the mirror adjustment switch doesn't have any extra wires either, it's just an extra position in it's resistor ladder :)

On 16/02/2023 at 11:07, varooom said:

Have you tried to code and test the coding?

Yes, I was following those intructions, but my no-memory mirror can not do that

23 hours ago, skomaz said:

You could do it the easy way via the Carista app... 

I did it with Vagcom, but didn't work because my mirror is a no-memory one.

23 hours ago, langers2k said:

Pretty sure parts ending in 393/392 are not suitable, you need 593/592. At least based on this thread: https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/5504/replacing-modules-power-folding-mirrors

The mirrors should have the wiring harness attached with the correct number of wires for whichever functions it supports. It's only anti-dazzle/auto dimming that'll need more wiring.

IIRC, the mirror adjustment switch doesn't have any extra wires either, it's just an extra position in it's resistor ladder :)

Now I can say with absolutely certain that my doors modules are not compatibles. I dessambled one door, and I check module pin conections and wires harnesses. Module pin conection to mirror only have six pins and wire harness from module to mirror six wires (obviously). Well, seeing that I need to change both modules and both wire harness from modules to mirrors.

But now I have a big doubt: mirror  knob must to be change because the actual one has no power foldable option, but ... how many wires has the mirror knob that I need?. Actual has four wires, if the one needed has more than four I need to change all door wire harness. Can anyone solve me this doubt please?

20 minutes ago, yerbito said:

Now I can say with absolutely certain that my doors modules are not compatibles. I dessambled one door, and I check module pin conections and wires harnesses. Module pin conection to mirror only have six pins and wire harness from module to mirror six wires (obviously). Well, seeing that I need to change both modules and both wire harness from modules to mirrors.

But now I have a big doubt: mirror  knob must to be change because the actual one has no power foldable option, but ... how many wires has the mirror knob that I need?. Actual has four wires, if the one needed has more than four I need to change all door wire harness. Can anyone solve me this doubt please?

Please re-read my last post, both questions have been answered ;)

The wiring loom between the door control module and mirror is attached to the mirror. If you buy a power fold mirror it'll already have the extra wires in the loom:

image.thumb.png.48369f61fe6f74cca4150f4909a94b7c.png

The mirror adjustment switch/knob still uses four wires as it's just an extra internal resistor.

image.thumb.png.b813fb7f2b5d87de568fee8d4339c656.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Please re-read my last post, both questions have been answered ;)

The wiring loom between the door control module and mirror is attached to the mirror. If you buy a power fold mirror it'll already have the extra wires in the loom:

image.thumb.png.48369f61fe6f74cca4150f4909a94b7c.png

The mirror adjustment switch/knob still uses four wires as it's just an extra internal resistor.

image.thumb.png.b813fb7f2b5d87de568fee8d4339c656.png

Oh. Sorry me. I didn't understand that about mirror wire harness. I was thinking that there was another connection near to mirror. And it is double fault by me because two years ago I had to change one broken mirror and now I dont remember that wire were attached to mirror. My memory fails 😞

Thanks so much for telling me that "new" mirror knob has four wires like mine. that makes me think that I don't need to change door wiring. You are helping me so much.

I already ordered:

- both power foldable mirrors

- mirrors knob

- both door modules

All items are from a 2016 Octavia and I hope to have them next week. And also hope that can work on my car after activate it with Vagcom.