Software Update available for Bolero?

Moffen

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 21:54, andreiro221 said:

On 20/02/2024 at 21:14, andreiro221 said:

Hi Andrei.

What would you suggest would be the best option for the soft for Kamiq 2022? I currently have the 1760 version? Changing the software will have any impact on the car warranty?

What I want to do is to be able to view video content on the tablet. Daily I have to wait for 1-2 hours in the car for the kids so it would be great if I can view videos on it.

Thank you.

On 22/02/2024 at 20:56, mt60 said:

Hello. I managed to update to version 1798. Thank you for your help

can you please share the link? Are you able to view video content with the  update?

@Andrei1911 You are AWESOME! Thanks so much! I searched the whole web today for the update. It's a shame I oversaw you post. :D

Just to be sure:

I found this post stating that the update steps are:

0464 => 0469 => 0741 or 0742 => 1790 or 1798 or 1800

Is that right?

Thanks in advance!

@jtkrk - not my post mate. from what I could understand here if your car is before 2021 the MIB will not allow you to update above 0742.

If your car is newer than 2021 you can update to 1800.

I had a vw tiguan 2022. and the infotainment system updated by himself - he would give e information that he needs to update and to keep engine running while stationary as long as the update finishes

and i did updates 2 times while I jhad this car (for a year)

In scala I dont see that the infotainment system update by himself - is it neccessary to update it in the dealership/repair shop only?

I see that it regards update of MAP-s, GPS.....i was wondering about updating the inotainment system ....upgrading to the another level

my phone is connected via bluetooth and it works

but system is:

NIB3_v1.1.27

Hardver: 120

Softver: 1790

(car was bought in november 2023.)

i didnt use androit auto/carplay/mirror link because I cannot connect to it via bluetooth as I could on Tiguan....my phone is connected only for calling somebody

in tiguan this software No. was updated by itself ("via air") - on infotainment screen I would get notification that the update is prepared, keep engine running while stationary and it would update by itself)

does "Bolero" have an option to be updated via air or it could be done only via usb stick (I wont do it via usb stick because I am not comfortable to do it by myself)

so, is there a mode to do actualisation of software on scala as on Tiguan? just by pressing something on the infotainment screen and waiting?

I ask this questions because every now aand than (every 14 days) I have some glitches with infotainment system that last for few seconds or a minute (rear camera non available, infotainment screen doesnt open right away or it says - protection of the components...)

Edited by medley

That page also has 'Smartphone Connectivity', 'Bluetooth' and 'Radio station logos'. -

mkmkm.jpg.1ac275baa1c64a155f9e3c2abe3d83eb.jpg

Sorry I would not know if there a system update for a 2023 car but if there is I hope it might be covered with warranty or service agreement but if your VWSkoda lot are like ors in UK then probably not.

AFAIK there is no over air updating, perhaps this is to give the named brand (VW) more separation and prestige against its Skoda brand to keep VW prices differentials.

Previous models to yours I know can be updated using an SD type of thingy card, best on a long car run I believe as the update takes a long time I believe and you need the engine to be running to ensure electric supply from battery/alternator.  The amount of electronics and computer programs on a 2023 car, and consumer use, you want an appropriate battery charger maintainer anyway to get the battery past a few years trouble-free life

3 hours ago, medley said:

I ask this questions because every now aand than (every 14 days) I have some glitches with infotainment system that last for few seconds or a minute (rear camera non available, infotainment screen doesnt open right away or it says - protection of the components...)

That sounds like a car warranty issue, doesn't your Dealership deal with such things under warranty?

If you don't get answers here from others you could try posting in the Scala forum, or try asking fab567.

Hope that helps, that me right out of ideas, I have had to put up with computers not doing as we were promised they would from the 1970s, same for mobile phones since the 1980s so I have little faith in them and particularly on things like moving heavy objects like cars, let the computers do everything, what could possibly go wrong, still it keeps my wife in (often very frustrating) employment, she counts down the hours to retirement.  😄

• Like 1

I guess there is such a distinction between vw and skoda

our dealers/services are even worse then ypurs - if it isn completly broken they dont change it or dont have remedy for problems or can do much worser the things that used to work - completly ruined my Tiguan because of the simple question that I have asked regarding behavior of dsg

so let say that I adapt to the car and dont bodder about minor glitches like every now and than randomly shutting infotainment buy itself.......

didnt know that exists forum specilalized only for skoda scala - i will chec it out on internet. Thnx for raccomandation.

having had pleasure to drive fabia I (1.5 mpi, 1.9 tdi) i miss that oldschool type of driving and interffering with the car.....so I have got myself giolf 6 without start/stop, lane assist, front assist, emergency braking and other for me fullish nowadays equipment of the cars....as much as I like cars....this new ones drive me crazy (tiguan, golf 8, clio 5.....all that I drove had glitches and troubles man couldnt belive brand new car could have...)

So, long story short - if I want to get infotainment updated it is almost a rule to go to the skoda workshop and let them updated the infotainment system (as they did before picking up the car when brad new)

Edited by medley

15 minutes ago, medley said:

didnt know that exists forum specilalized only for skoda scala

The one I was referring to is on here, this site, there might be others too elsewhere but I don't know, but then I didn't know there was a Scala until recently, sorry these so-called SUVs all look the same to me and I can't understand why there are so many different models of them in Skoda only.

A Fabia Mk1 and Golf Mk2 are modern cars to me, for 30+ years I used over-priced, over-valued, 20-50 year old cars (called "classics" over here) as daily use, work, commuting, holidays in UK and abroad the last car I owned for 16 years, until 18 months ago was a 1973 MG Midget, no electronics other than the ignition distributor and LED indicator lights relay, only relay on the car, five fuses, no brake servo, no radio (let alone infotainment), no aux socket, single speed heater blower, and wipers.  This one did have an interior land boot light my previous example of the model didn't.  Yet somehow I survived, and through the UK winters and "summer" weather.  I now drive a 2005, 2015 and 2023 cars and I MUCH prefer the 2005 car.  There, a good moan to clear the miserable-old-man's mind, for a while anyway.  😄      

Briskoda Škoda Scala forum (on this site). - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/384-škoda-scala/

• Cheeky 1

8 hours ago, nta16 said:

The one I was referring to is on here, this site, there might be others too elsewhere but I don't know, .   .   .

Briskoda Škoda Scala forum (on this site). - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/384-škoda-scala/

@medley many apologies, I am a silly old fool - I didn't realise I was directing you to the very forum you (and I) were posting on, I thought we were posting on the 'Audio, Electronics and Security' forum where I had just been.

You could try private messaging or calling pab567 (bu using the '@' symbol just in front of pab567 as I have with your site name in this post) as he generally knows about infotainment and has downloads/updates I think, but possibly not for stuff this new, I don't know.

Sorry about the mix up, I wasn't intentionally trying to be funny about it just old foggy confusion.

Edited by nta16

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to update my Škoda Kamiq 2022 1.5 ACT MC Bolero system! Currently I have MEN3_EU_SK370_P1185L 1760!

If some could please send me the link and some instructions will be much appreciated!

IMG-8a0914f4f9f7a407ca6c54d5e16b6e5f-V.jpg

Try this Russian site. Read the instructions carefully
Edited by mt60

• 2 weeks later...
On 08.05.2023 at 12:30, varooom said:

İndirmeniz ve başvurmanız için size özel mesaj linkleri göndereceğim

Can you share the download link to switch from version 0464 to version 0469? I need this very much. If you share it, it would make me very happy. Thanks in advance.

@medley saw your post from March. Did you manage to sort it out? Are you located in Germany?

We had the same issues (also android auto did not work for a S23) as you described with our Scala. I took photos & recorded videos of the issues and made a complaint to our Skoda dealer we bought our car from (providing them with the photos & recording as proof). I  made it clear this is a warranty claim and they checked the car and updated the software to version 1800. So far up until now we have not had an issue.  

Edited by Bookundholz

8 hours ago, wiiwii15679 said:

IMG_0462.thumb.jpeg.d9dce82c080e947e62836f78adb8ce26.jpegMerhaba, burada yeniyim, bir kamiq 2021'im var ve yardım edecek herkesi güncellemek istiyorum

Download one of the versions shared in this topic and put the file on a USB memory stick, select it from the update section and it will be installed on the service.