Felicia AC to Favorit

12 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

No, the AC controls are integrated in fan/heater controls as you can see.

I was in cellphone last night and i couldn't see those 2 small buttons below.

27 minutes ago, Papez said:

Empty button controlls are used only in retrofit Alex/Diavia units. It wouldn't work for factory AC, as the recirculation flap is controlled by a vacuum switch.

Yes as it is in my Felicia.

The small motor is outside inside the engine bay, easy access with only one screw that holds the cap.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Papez said:

Empty button controlls are used only in retrofit Alex/Diavia units. It wouldn't work for factory AC, as the recirculation flap is controlled by a vacuum switch.

Talking about recirculation, @vucko1011 , does Felicia recirculation duct lineup with Favorit body? 

Correct.

I am not sure if the recirculation duct lines up, but I have a 3D printer so I will make it work. Favorit does not have any recirculation ducts from factory so I will have to cut out a part from the firewall and probably do some modifications do make the AC fit.

So, I did a few things. I modded the alternator/compressor/power steering pump carrier to fit my 120A alternator. I made some cuts to fit AC condenser and engine coolant radiator to fit in the Favorit. Luckly threw that together and looks like it will fit. I also repaired the radiator fan resistor (it burned out), soldered new fuses to the AC control unit box (I removed old 19mm fuse housings because they were badly corroded but I will order new fuse housings (161 937 501) and replace them. There was a bad job done by the previous owner when he was repairing those fuses and stuff like that.20230422_124436.thumb.jpg.1f89c59c489981b3cc1e106ba15a125a.jpg20230422_123558.thumb.jpg.c831b4527e223277dd4be11e754bc868.jpg

Edited by vucko1011
  • Like 1

So as I said, did a temporary repair for the fuses and did some fitting onto the Favorit. 30A fuse should be a 40A, don't worry, I found one 19mm 40A fuse but I am thinking to replace the 19mm fuse with the 29mm 40A fuse because its easier to get a 40A 29mm fuse rather than 19mm 40A fuse.3cee0d1d-9dbb-47a4-9568-550221241bc5photo.thumb.jpeg.39ee23b6e77e2c6c510f814afdfd1518.jpegb1ef32ed-7f2c-488f-8ef0-37b375583d1fphoto.thumb.jpeg.5c1b170bd529833422da93eaa4d75df5.jpeg35726fcc-ba36-4525-9040-c4de02d44e0ephoto.thumb.jpeg.2a7e5526d4bf6fa637e7cfdc08064410.jpeg20230422_153759.thumb.jpg.a4a00783cfa422defbe0a5e37ada43a0.jpg

You only have 16 posts on the forum so far, but I say, you ROCK!

What you are trying to achieve here is on the highest difficulty level.

Did you used Felicia 1.9D radiator and fan for cooling the engine?

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

You only have 16 posts on the forum so far, but I say, you ROCK!

What you are trying to achieve here is on the highest difficulty level.

Did you used Felicia 1.9D radiator and fan for cooling the engine?

Thanks😁

I used the Felicia 1.6 with AC radiator, same as the 1.9D if I am correct. (441.0.7601-412.6)

16821757831523832579852359024826.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Papez said:

This is awesome. Looks like it's quite tight around the inlet manifold - will the original airbox fit?

There is no original airbox. I will make a new intake manifold because its interfering with ac/heating box.

(Old picture)20220825_174244.thumb.jpg.98c094f71ce82c0aaeadbc8e52635c53.jpg

20 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

did a temporary repair for the fuses and did some fitting onto the Favorit.

I use this when it's time for extra ''outside'' fuse, no problem with water-dirt etc.

20210518113550_amio_stegani_asfaleiothik

17 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

I will make a new intake manifold

After many-many tests with many kinds of air filters-POD's (sponge-gauze) etc i returned to the factory air box with K&N filter with the tube that brings fresh air inside from the grille.

With all the other patents i had noise plus hot air from the engine bay to ''feed'' them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I use this when it's time for extra ''outside'' fuse, no problem with water-dirt etc.

20210518113550_amio_stegani_asfaleiothik

After many-many tests with many kinds of air filters-POD's (sponge-gauze) etc i returned to the factory air box with K&N filter with the tube that brings fresh air inside from the grille.

With all the other patents i had noise plus hot air from the engine bay to ''feed'' them.

Yeah, about those fuse holders...The wires are too thin, I need at least 4mm2 in the fuse holder. I will convert to 29mm fuse. If you have high quality OFC fuse holder it will not corrode.

I know about the air box, but I like the induction sound and it looks good :D

6 minutes ago, vucko1011 said:

I know about the air box, but I like the induction sound and it looks good :D

You are right but a standard air filter box (02:27) can work even with a turbo 195 Hp

Although some guys do it different (01:26)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

I will make a new intake manifold because its interfering with ac/heating box.

New intake manifold just for AC? That's dedication 😃

Does it interfere with the throttle body?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Papez said:

New intake manifold just for AC? That's dedication 😃

Does it interfere with the throttle body?

Yes haha, it does interfere with the throttlebody and a part of the intake runners 

So today I have put new fuse holders and made some adjustments with the wiring. I will also NOT be using recirculation (I know that hurts the efficiency, but whatever🤣). Its too complicated to fit original AC with recirculation in the Favorit with 1.6 AFH/AVY...There is just not enough space. I will be posting more pictures tomorrow.20230423_141306.thumb.jpg.044e3c74e78f58994fda9552c2f28808.jpg

10 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

will also NOT be using recirculation (I know that hurts the efficiency, but whatever🤣). Its too complicated to fit original AC with recirculation in the Favorit with 1.6 AFH/AVY.

The recirculation duct collides with the manifold, too? That's probably the reason why 1.9D was never equipped with factory AC... Only Alex evaporator box fit around the intake.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Papez said:

The recirculation duct collides with the manifold, too? That's probably the reason why 1.9D was never equipped with factory AC... Only Alex evaporator box fit around the intake.

Yes, the cooling ducts are just too big and I have to make big modifications...

I think this is the ultimate Favorit that the Czech would create with their prototype 1.6 engine if they could.

There is a high chance, your Favorit is now the only one in the world in its current state. :inlove:

:party: Congratulations! :party:

A quick question.

I think it's heavier in the front now. Do you have some kind of modification in the front suspension?

• Love it! 1

43 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

I think this is the ultimate Favorit that the Czech would create with their prototype 1.6 engine if they could.

There is a high chance, your Favorit is now the only one in the world in its current state. :inlove:

:party: Congratulations! :party:

A quick question.

I think it's heavier in the front now. Do you have some kind of modification in the front suspension?

Thank you very much😁

Yes, I have stiffer springs from Felicia (Felicia has 15mm springs and Favorit has 13mm springs). The 1.6 16V is MUCH heavier than original 1.3 135B engine I had in the Favorit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vucko1011 said:

Yes, I have stiffer springs from Felicia (Felicia has 15mm springs and Favorit has 13mm springs). The 1.6 16V is MUCH heavier than original 1.3 135B engine I had in the Favorit.

Excellent.

So you will upgrade the brakes (I know you have another post for that) and it will be an exotic car. :beer: Cheers.

• Like 1