Felicia AC to Favorit

7 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

cea7cf87-adac-402f-82c8-279fe7e25443photo.thumb.jpeg.1497579afe86dec73c14ee902899ea76.jpeg86bf541c-b60d-4aa6-8eca-cc63aff15e46photo.thumb.jpeg.ef799398dba0d2600076e66aaeb82583.jpeg

How does this work? There was fan in the original box, guess it doesn't fit in this one 😃

Is it 3D printed?

5 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

Yes, I have stiffer springs from Felicia (Felicia has 15mm springs and Favorit has 13mm springs). The 1.6 16V is MUCH heavier than original 1.3 135B engine I had in the Favorit.

Did you also fit the anti roll bar? It helps quite a lot. You can also fit rear beam from Felicia, they were fitted with reinforcement "anti-roll" bar from factory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

It's still work in progress. I have the original fusebox cover but it does not fit because the strut tower is a little bit different, but I will probably modify the existing one or print a new cover 😁

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Papez said:

How does this work? There was fan in the original box, guess it doesn't fit in this one 😃

Is it 3D printed?

"Ghetto" solution...I used server fans and made a slim profile "fan". I used server fans because they are high RPM, they move a lot of air and they are great for static pressure. The original Favorit "dual blower fan" would not fit and the original single blower fan also would not fit. It would be the best if I could get the Diavia AC fan assembly. I will use original wiring, but instead of resistor pack I will use Arduino Nano with a code to get regulated speed (5, 7, 9 and 12V)

16 minutes ago, Papez said:

Did you also fit the anti roll bar? It helps quite a lot. You can also fit rear beam from Felicia, they were fitted with reinforcement "anti-roll" bar from factory.

Yes, the whole subframe is from Felicia 1.6 and I am using the factory anti-roll bar.

• Like 1

I love these infills. -

nknknnk2.thumb.jpeg.37ddda5e47dcbd386a784d1e6d30c83f.jpeg

I know it is a work in progress and it probably only bothers an old folk like me but I hate to see wires and cables in a car, is it possible to wire in a hidden or different connect for whatever that cable is used for and hide or loose the cable.

And I am curious about the two speakers(?) there doesn't, to me, appear enough room behind them for speaker magnets(?) or enclosure with the inset box tray (open area). -

nknknnk3.thumb.jpeg.b2174373f4d7745d6f1df858ada117af.jpeg

7 minutes ago, nta16 said:

I love these infills. -

nknknnk2.thumb.jpeg.37ddda5e47dcbd386a784d1e6d30c83f.jpeg

I know it is a work in progress and it probably only bothers an old folk like me but I hate to see wires and cables in a car, is it possible to wire in a hidden or different connect for whatever that cable is used for and hide or loose the cable.

And I am curious about the two speakers(?) there doesn't, to me, appear enough room behind them for speaker magnets(?) or enclosure with the inset box tray (open area). -

nknknnk3.thumb.jpeg.b2174373f4d7745d6f1df858ada117af.jpeg

The cable will be hidden in the future, I just don't have the time for it right now.

Speakers can fit, but I am using speaker standoffs because of the depth of the speaker (magnet is in the way). And I have a Bose amplifier in the glovebox compartment (4 speaker outputs on 2 ohms and single 100w 2 ohm subwoofer in the trunk). Total of 5 outputs on the amplifier.

13 minutes ago, vucko1011 said:

Speakers can fit, but I am using speaker standoffs because of the depth of the speaker (magnet is in the way).

Will there be enough  air space behind those speakers and is the centre consul strong enough or braced enough for them.

Do yourself a favour and do not go too loud inside the car, I had tinnitus for a while from being a home hi-fi (music not cinema, two speakers only) from years of having stereo rigs too loud for our small living room.  And perhaps do (yourself and) others a favour by making sure the car's panels do not rattle with the sub or other speakers and perhaps insulate a bit in case others outside your car do not share the same taste in music as you.  I of course only listened to good music.  🤣

I did recent go round someone's as they have lots of original 60s vinyl (used to be a record plugger for a big record label) and has class a and valve 20 or 25w amps and at one point I had to ask him to turn it down a bit, no wonder he's a bit deaf.

At car shows I once stumbled across a section for fitted car sound systems and I was told (luckily did not hear) that for the completion they do not play music but specific test sounds - which is why I gave up on home hi-fi equipment as I was listening to the equipment and not the music.  Other than the radio now and again I rarely listen to any music now, I hear the vans, BMWs and Audis when nearby or have their windows dropped.  😄  Boom, boom as my wife says, but not in a John Lee Hooker way. 😄

Good luck anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

Ghetto" solution...I used server fans and made a slim profile "fan". I used server fans because they are high RPM, they move a lot of air and they are great for static pressure. ..... It would be the best if I could get the Diavia AC fan assembly.

Server fans? Knowing these things, it must be loud 😃

I think that Alex housing is better, Diavia puts the evaporator right next to heater matrix and uses coolant flow valve to change temperature..  Alex also has proper recirculationIMG_20230502_071052.jpg.41ec9de0088aa57665b5c55dbc0bb10b.jpg

But looking at your mod, you might be able to make similar fan housing for the original fan :)

1 hour ago, Papez said:

Server fans? Knowing these things, it must be loud 😃

I think that Alex housing is better, Diavia puts the evaporator right next to heater matrix and uses coolant flow valve to change temperature..  Alex also has proper recirculationIMG_20230502_071052.jpg.41ec9de0088aa57665b5c55dbc0bb10b.jpg

But looking at your mod, you might be able to make similar fan housing for the original fan :)

Server fans are actually QUITETER than original blower fan🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, my bad...I thought the Alex system from the picture you posted.

27 minutes ago, vucko1011 said:

Yes, my bad...I thought the Alex system from the picture you posted.

Diavia might have used this housing later on, who knows, these systems were extremely  varied 😃 On Czech web, they were always referred to as Diavia, with one exception, which has eventually shown to be correct.

For reference, the original Diavia housing looks like this

klimatizace-skoda-felicia-favorit-forman-131989683.thumb.jpeg.9ef6ad12332af3239e2887f2748eda95.jpeg

However, at this point I'd maybe try to make a housing for the original fan to keep the original evaporator box, It has one advantage - space for filter. Although it's not the greatest solution, having filter behind the evaporator, it's better than no filter at all.

Edited by Papez
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 00:10, nta16 said:

That stereo is from an older era because it has CD tray.

I don't know that particular Sony car stereo, but if it sounds superior compared to today's generic brand, huge touch screen models, there is a possibility, @vucko1011 may be an audiophile and they value sound quality over touch screens etc.

All you need is that AUX input. You connect your phone or any other music player via 3.5mm jack and you are good to go.

If there is another input at the back side of that stereo unit, (usually they are red/white RCA jacks) one can build a RCA to female 3.5mm surface mount jack to hide that cable in the front of the stereo, but when you install your phone to that 3.5mm jack there will be a visible cable again somewhere else.

On 01/05/2023 at 23:43, vucko1011 said:

I used server fans and made a slim profile "fan". I used server fans because they are high RPM, they move a lot of air and they are great for static pressure.

High quality server fans have miniature double ball bearings. They are very durable.

If they are not loud like @Papez stated above, you have a good solution.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 00:10, nta16 said:

And I am curious about the two speakers(?) there doesn't, to me, appear enough room behind them for speaker magnets(?) or enclosure with the inset box tray (open area)

Felica 1.3 had already made a space for 2 speakes in the central console.

https://nemigaparts.com/img/catalogs/etka/st/101863500.png

https://m1.secondhandapp.at/2.0/5b27b219ccf1ea406c3fa31e?height=1024&width=1024

Even for the 1.6 can be found.

https://www.megaparts.eu/en/product/228925056#gallery

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, R_Blue said:

I don't know that particular Sony car stereo, but if it sounds superior compared to today's generic brand, huge touch screen models, there is a possibility, @vucko1011 may be an audiophile and they value sound quality over touch screens etc.

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. I am old, the last radio I fitted to a car was a 1970s New Old Stock Philips mono push-buttons AM/LW on to a single 2w speaker, about 16 years ago.  I got my first home "hi-fi" in 1976, a few years before commercial digital (tape) recording and it was early 80s before you could get a few (expensive) home CD payers and mid-80s before home players and discs were generally widely available.  If I remember correctly the full price discs were £13.24 in 1985, I am not sure that you could get a home CD player below £100 at that time.  Lower priced mass market cars did not have factory fitted CD players until about this century if I remember correctly.

I think I still have some 3 and 5-pin DIN plugs and sockets cables in the shed along with if I have not given them away RCA, and full and mini jack cables and adapters from various home equipment over the decades.

Edited by nta16
tape

4 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Felica 1.3 had already made a space for 2 speakes in the central console.

Thanks, but that position was probably for lower powered speakers and an expected acceptance of lower quality sound as the market for the car when new was not generally aimed at those that wanted higher quality "ICE" (in-car entertainment) as it was called in the UK then. 

As with other components, items and parts in cars they can often be put in an available space rather than by full design.

Unfortenately the black cat "Selotejp" from the beggining of this thread is no longer with us, the car ran him over. I am taking a break for a couple of days and I will get the AC charged in a few days.

• Sad 3
  • Crying 1

I am so very sorry to hear this and wish you well as soon as possible.  I am just back from not walking with my cat as it was too busy for him.

• Love it! 1

19 hours ago, R_Blue said:

One day i will show you my ashtray-project, has 4 buttons and one switch on the front surface.

@nta16 : i kept my radio-cassette till 2022 in my car, everyone was thinking that i was crazy.

@vucko1011 : Oh God NO !  R.I.P Sellotejp.

29922030-100x100-333b5cbad9514d51f26f458

• Love it! 1

Well cassette tape and the player are wearing to each other in use and a car's cabin isn't the best environment for cassettes especially if it's somewhere that gets very hot.

The cassette was never a music medium I ever really like other than for making your own music compilations and then C60 or C90.  I can not remember the last car we had with a cassette player in.  Why there is a resurgence in pre-recorded cassette albums is beyond me, the original pre-recorded cassettes were generally poor sound quality from new.

19 hours ago, nta16 said:

Sorry I think you misunderstood me.

Sorry, it's my fault. I didn't clarify the intention of my reply.

It was an explanation of why some old stereos could be better in sound quality than new, huge touch screen, feature rich but bad sounding stereos and  how to move aux cables to somewhere else.

@vucko1011 I'm very sorry to hear that... I know how it feels. Please take your time and rest for a while. We will be here for more of your brilliant projects. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 9 months later...

Just a short video of the AC I made for YouTube Shorts - 

I will also be re-fitting old blower assembly for the interior, I will have some time in the end of this month I guess, I am currently working on a Nissan Patrol Y60 M57 swap so I do not have enough time for the Favorit and after that I will be doing a swap on

my friends Volvo S40 T4.

I will also put a new coolant radiator [NRF or Nissens] just because its about 50 euros, better be safe than sorry, the old one is kinda corroded, I just wanna have a "peace of mind".

I need to change the radiator fan because the old one has a damaged resistor for the 1st fan stage so its always running on 2nd stage (full speed) when thermoswitch closes. (only single pole thermoswitch currently).

I also finally found a "double" thermoswitch which suits me, the original one was faulty so I wanted to buy a replacement one but the 1st stage was 105°C and 2nd 112°C which is just too high temperatures for my taste.

New thermoswitch I found has specs of 1st stage at 87°C and 2nd stage at 93°C which is completely fine and good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

New thermoswitch I found has specs of 1st stage at 87°C and 2nd stage at 93°C

dont be so sure about, that there is a whole circuit ive made with a lot of testing and validation about temps

the switch you are talking about is

79-87 85-93 from a T4

the first speed will kick on at 95C

10 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

With that Sparco sport steering wheel you just hurt the @Thefeliciahacker heart.

That Sparco steering wheel is removed, I bought a brand new one.

1 minute ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

dont be so sure about, that there is a whole circuit ive made with a lot of testing and validation about temps

the switch you are talking about is

79-87 85-93 from a T4

the first speed will kick on at 95C

I also did some testing, the brand (manufacturer) of the switch makes a big difference.

• Like 1