Felicia AC to Favorit

Hello, I am currently transplanting whole AC system from a Felicia 1.6 1997 to my Favorit 1.6 16V AFH/AVY. I would need a haynes manual with whole engine wiring loom (with AC, obviously). I know I can use the wiring harness from Felicia, but I am just interested in the schematic of the whole 1.6 Magneti Marelli wiring because I would like to change some things in the wiring because some wire are too thin and some are heavily oxidized. And yes, I am a trained car electrician so no worries, I do things properly :)20230412_101423.thumb.jpg.11c9a4aac65f8b8684b9b0d130b91150.jpg20230412_135413.thumb.jpg.a8a83e9b45384c00c38f1158ffdbe66e.jpg32Gojk4.thumb.jpg.fa488d8552bf397289fff80e6a6fa8f4.jpg

• Love it! 1

8 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

My english are not good but you mean for example something like these?

ScreenShot_20230414154713.png

ScreenShot_20230414154814.png

Yes, and I also need wiring diagram for whole engine management with AC

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

i can help with ac as ive reversed engineered my own system

Great, do you have any schematics?

These are from my book.

I also found this in CZ language:

https://skoda-virt.cz/cz/clanky/elektrika/845-el-schemata-felicie/

Click to enlarge the photo.

This is much better, has ALL the manuals but not in english

https://epowering.cz/skoda-felicia-dilenska-prirucka-elektrika/

For sure from the photos you can understand much more things than me.

143 (2)_page-0001.jpg

143 (1)_page-0001.jpg

143 (3)_page-0001.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

These are from my book.

I also found this in CZ language:

https://skoda-virt.cz/cz/clanky/elektrika/845-el-schemata-felicie/

Click to enlarge the photo.

This is much better, has ALL the manuals but not in english

https://epowering.cz/skoda-felicia-dilenska-prirucka-elektrika/

For sure from the photos you can understand much more things than me.

143 (2)_page-0001.jpg

143 (1)_page-0001.jpg

143 (3)_page-0001.jpg

Thats the schematic I was looking for, thank you a million times😁😁

• Like 1

I assume your engine is a AFH/AVY hybrid.

1.6 16V + A/C on a Favorit is just EPIC.

I'd like to learn more about your car.

I hope you will become a regular member.

Welcome. :)

(Looks like the black cat wants a part from the Felicia too. :D )

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, R_Blue said:

I assume your engine is a AFH/AVY hybrid.

1.6 16V + A/C on a Favorit is just EPIC.

I'd like to learn more about your car.

I hope you will become a regular member.

Welcome. :)

(Looks like the black cat wants a part from the Felicia too. :D )

Thanks, I will be a regular member😁

I will be posting the process of installing of the AC on the Favorit on this thread. And yes, the cat is called Selotejp (Duct tape is the translated name from Croatian, I call him that because he is always by my side and always goes wherever I go hahaha🙉)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

will be posting the process of installing of the AC on the Favorit on this thread

Looking forward to this. Favorit with 1.6 16V and AC - that'll be like RS Skoda never made :)

Btw, do you think that variable volume compressor from Golf would work with Felicia system? 

Edited by Papez
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Papez said:

Looking forward to this. Favorit with 1.6 16V and AC - that'll be like RS Skoda never made :)

Btw, do you think that variable volume compressor from Golf would work with Felicia system? 

Thanks.

I have no idea if variable volume compressor would work, there is too little space to fit any bigger compressor. It gets in the way of the compressor/alternator/power steering pump mount itself. The original Felicia AC compressor is Sanden SD7B10 and it is a relatively small compressor. As much as I was using the AC in the felicia for 1 day (bought it and drove it home) the AC is blowing about 2-3°C and I don't see the point of trying to fit a different compressor if this one is doing a good job. Only if you want to decrease the "drag" of the compressor on the engine and the belt to improve fuel efficiency, but I think you would save something like 0.1-0.2L/100km.

On 16/04/2023 at 01:42, vucko1011 said:

the cat is called Selotejp (Duct tape is the translated name from Croatian, I call him that because he is always by my side and always goes wherever I go

Looks like Siam, lovely.

Here we call it "Selotape"

• Haha 1

Off-topic warning. -

3 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Looks like Siam, lovely.

Here we call it "Selotape"

Only trying to help with English, not criticising as I struggle with English and it is my only language and you may well have different names to over here for items.

I am not sure what you meant by Siam (Siamese cats are quite distinctive), Sellotape is a brand name product for usually a clear (transparent) tape on a cardboard roll, other makes will also be referred to as "Sellotape" even though they are not (same as many refer to vacuum cleaners as "Hoovers").  Sellotape was originally a British company but as with some many others no longer so, now owned by a German company apparently.

I have never seen a black Sellotape, it would not be suitable for what Sellotape is usually used for where clear (or white perhaps) tape is used.  Many "Duct tapes" or "Duck tapes" are often black.

Decades ago we had a small young black cat adopt us, which did not please our own cat, but the black cat liked to wonder and was often found in other neighbours' homes and unknown to us had a second breakfast at the home of two old ladies across the road.  As he was black and this being England we called him Chalky, chalk being white, the same way a chap who is short might be nicknamed Lofty (high up), from old Army days I think as with Chalky for those whose surname was White.

ETA: Selotejp looks fantastic.

Edited by nta16
ETA: spelling
  • Love it! 1

What type of cats we call black Siam in Greece:

https://mypet.gr/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/maures-gates-facts.jpg

Of course there are others in different colours.

What we call Sellotape:

https://www.24hr.gr/el/προϊόντα/προσφορές/κολλητική-ταινία-σελοτέιπ-logo-tape-clear-διαφανής-12mm-x-33m

Different brands, different colours-thickness-length-sizes, transparent or non transparent, with plastic reel or without etc, all these are clarifications that follow the main word "Selotape" that you have to say to the seller or write in your search on the web.

The same happens with the word "Paraflue", yes it was a Fiat additive for aluminium radiators and after some time every Coolant was called "paraflue" no matter what brand was or concentate-premixed-colour etc the first established word in older mechanics was one: "Paraflou" (that's the way we spell it).

When a seller or a mechanic or a fellow driver here asks you about your radiator system:

"do you have paraflou in your car?" he asks you if your car has enough Coolant.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, vucko1011 said:

Thanks.

I have no idea if variable volume compressor would work, there is too little space to fit any bigger compressor. It gets in the way of the compressor/alternator/power steering pump mount itself. The original Felicia AC compressor is Sanden SD7B10 and it is a relatively small compressor. As much as I was using the AC in the felicia for 1 day (bought it and drove it home) the AC is blowing about 2-3°C and I don't see the point of trying to fit a different compressor if this one is doing a good job. Only if you want to decrease the "drag" of the compressor on the engine and the belt to improve fuel efficiency, but I think you would save something like 0.1-0.2L/100km.

Thanks for explanation, I thought that effect of the variable compressor would be more noticeable. So golf uses a different mount?

Another question, how did you solve the bottom engine mount in the Favorit? Did you use Felicia subframe or something else?

Edited by Papez

2 hours ago, Papez said:

Thanks for explanation, I thought that effect of the variable compressor would be more noticeable. So golf uses a different mount?

Another question, how did you solve the bottom engine mount in the Favorit? Did you use Felicia subframe or something else?

Golf uses different mount for sure.

I used complete Felicia 1.6 subframe so I can use the transmission stabiliser (mount).

Edited by vucko1011
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Are you going to replace those two empty buttons with one for a/c and the other for air recycle?

No, the AC controls are integrated in fan/heater controls as you can see.

11 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Are you going to replace those two empty buttons with one for a/c and the other for air recycle?

Empty button controlls are used only in retrofit Alex/Diavia units. It wouldn't work for factory AC, as the recirculation flap is controlled by a vacuum switch.

Talking about recirculation, @vucko1011 , does Felicia recirculation duct lineup with Favorit body?