Start and stop disable permanently

6 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

@Mario_Delgado
There is another option. A bit more expensive. But it's made in Germany and not in China. :)

Video is in German though. :D

https://asr-component.de/de/597-octavia-iv-alle-modelle

Thanks for the info @TheUltraRunner

Well, way more expensive, but besides the price  for me here the point is that I do not need the lane assist memory part, I have already coded lane assist memory and that utility is quoted on "just" 159,00 €.

Yes, thanks @TheUltraRunner.

That one makes more sense and the cost is coherent, definitely I am putting it in the to do list. Approaching the 4 years check, so I am going to put priority on spark plugs and DSG oil change.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thinking of ordering one just to open black case on cable to see what did they implemented inside and to what pins on both ends of cable.

Edited by Djadjo78
Allready added info by others

I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable answer but why do people have an issue with the Start/Stop function?  I had it on my last car and now on my Octavia and never had an issue, always very responsive.  I drive a petrol 1.5 TSI Manual gearbox if that makes any difference.

Manual vs automatic makes a ton of difference. With manual you have a lot more control over this function since the engine shuts down only when you have your gearbox in N and clutch is released. With auto, engine shuts down every time the car stops moving. Sometimes even a little bit before the car totally stops.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Manual vs automatic makes a ton of difference. With manual you have a lot more control over this function since the engine shuts down only when you have your gearbox in N and clutch is released. With auto, engine shuts down every time the car stops moving. Sometimes even a little bit before the car totally stops.

Had a feeling the difference in user experience was likely due to Manual vs Automatic gearbox.  I could see why it could be annoying in that scenario.

Edited by spcdust

True, the most annoying part is when you slow down before red light your speed is 5kph then light changes to green and engine shuts down... Or when you maneuver on a parking lot reverse>1st>reverse etc. and it can shut down too 

• Like 3

Yes exactly, i have felt annoyed and decide to find a way to prevent it from functioning, when I was connecting on crossroad from side road and the car shuts down engine, at that time i was pressing trottle because i wanted to get in on main road, and truck driver remember all my relatives in family when he needed to slow down for me to get in infron. If it would be manual gearbox it would never happen….and i was not cutting in.

Br

Djadjo

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2024 at 09:32, Ipwrslv said:

There is another option which I found few people confirmed is working, has anyone here tried it? Auto Stop Start Engine System Off Canceller Sensor Plug For VW Golf 8 MK8 Teramont Tanvendor Talagon For Skoda Octavia - AliExpress

image.thumb.png.7f55463313e0c3ccb54823316424c2ef.png

I've installed it today, works like a dream :)

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

44 minutes ago, Ipwrslv said:

I've installed it today, works like a dream :)

YESSSSS Thank you !!!!!
Do you have the same gateway in your skoda? 
as on my picture? Any errors after adding cable on obdeleven shown? 
(ordered cable waiting just few more days to come) 

IMG_2045.jpeg

Looks the same, I did not check for any errors, there is nothing on the dash and everything is fine, I had like 10 journeys today without any problems.

You connect the cable between original cable and the socket as in the picture above. You remove cable with pink connector release, plug in cable there and plug original cable into new cable.

• Like 1