First race ive lost

I love leaving people in clouds of dust. They see Im driving a lil Fabia, they then see the crappy steel wheels, they then scratch their heads when they can't catch me :thumbup:.

In a 1.4-16v?! You must be a driving god! :rofl:

Chris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. My heavy 'godbrother' at about 250 pounds was undergoing therapy cause he had a problem with his leg...they measured it and hit 750Nm.

the heavier the person is the more torque they create?

also I guess the measurement was on one leg?

I have an idea attach one foot to the driven part of the engine and place it on the ground.....floor it...I can easily see more torque than 750Nm! :rofl: :rofl:

Whilst we're on the subject' date=' the day after i had the car remapped i went down a dual carriageway on my way to work going well below the speed limit faffing about with the radio (which wont play cd's by the way), with an old white car on my bumper.

Anyway i thought i'd get away from him and gunned it up to the speed limit and he was just sat there right behind me and i moved over,he shot past then slowed down as he made his point!!

I saw the badge on the back ............SIERRA COSWORTH!!:rolleyes:

He was that close to me i couldn't see the bonnet vents.:eek:[/quote']

Tailgating is the one thing that really annoys me. Speeding is stupid but it doesn't annoy me like tailgating does.

In a 1.4-16v?! You must be a driving god! :rofl:

Chris

I wouldn't try it against a Cosworth or anything like that. I mean against reasonable opponents. If its something like a Porshe trying to challenge me I will just pull over and let them carry on.

A remapped Fabia vRS would never see off a highly modified MR2, whether it be a straight line or in the twisties.

Remap to see off the Fiesta you nutter!! It is a vRS not a WRC by the way:rofl:

ST150s are quite quick if you get them wound up and hit the gears just right and if you look up any performance figures they are quoted as being slightly quicker than a VRS for outright acceleration. That's if you wind them up and hit them jsut right though - and 12 mpg less

What you wanna do, right, is buy an Octy vRS at super discounted rates. You could probably get a Mk1 Octy vRS with same milage and same age for cheaper than a Fab.

Then you would p*ss on the Fiesta.

I had an experience with a BMW 325 on a dual carriageway recently. he was on his own, and I had 3 passengers. Needles to say, he was a spec in my mirrors in no time and he was trying. I could tell by the way he caught up some 5 minutes later at a roundabout and tooted and gave me the thumbs up. Octy Power!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I swapped my Fabia Vrs for an ST150. The ST is definitely quicker than a Vrs 0-60 and probably a second ahead 0-100. That would make a remapped Vrs quicker than a stock ST.

The ST takes more concentration to drive fast, you can't rely on the torque as much so you need to be in the sweet spot!

http://media.putfile.com/ST-vs-200sx

Here is a vid of me racing my mates 200sx (200bhp) from 0-130 at bruntingthorpe. Both cars standard. You cant see to the end of the race on the video but I was ahead by 3 car lengths. I was pleasantly surpised :D My only explanation is that his car is very long geared and a P-reg where mine is a 55-plate

I can confirm that a 180bhp Revo'd Furby vRS will cleanly see off the ST. The Fiesta gave a good effort off the line, but I didn't have much problem sticking to the back of him up to 80, then just pushed the gas all the way and bam! Goodbye.

(on a long runway... somewhere...)

Well, a local boy here has a fester ST, and I can confirm, that a remap will see that no more pass you. Ever.

Yep I agree with that, It also beats the focus ST even with my dodgy wheel balancing :thumbup: