Steaming bonnet. (VRS TSI)

Does anyone else have lots of steam being produced from the bonnet surface when it rains? 
never had a Skoda before and never seen it happen. 
it’s like the bonnet is getting super hot. 
I’ve attached a video 

many thanks 

You are not seeing steam. You are seeing water vapour - mostly because the atmosphere is already at 100% humidity. I guarantee your bonnet is not super hot - just warm enough to persuade some of the water on it to vapourise. Try a remote temperature sensor to see how warm it is.

• Like 2

It’s 9 degrees today , so not exactly cold. And it’s happening again. I’ve only driven 1 mile down the road and my bonnet is warm . 
does anyone else’s car do this. 

12 hours ago, Jonvrs22 said:

Oil is ok, how do I check my water temp? 

erm, it’s the gauge on the left, opposite side to the fuel gauge.  Either way you don’t have a problem. It’s just water condensing in cooler weather. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jonvrs22 said:

I always thought that was the oil temp gauge ? Ooops

You can check oil temp when you choose the RS cluster view or if you set temp readings (for oil, water and transmission) in the left or right gauge.

image.png.81e12d3dfa2f31a1184a778d85def870.png

image.png.17d292f04627ded5c1fefa1413483852.png

13 hours ago, Jack_Dangerous said:

Aw man i can't even express how sad i am that non VRS or sport models don't have that second cluster layout, it looks absolutely fantastic.

You can get the RS view coded in the non RS models.

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I have the virtual cockpit, but I don't have those displays available for some reason. 

Which displays exactly? Both ones on my pictures?

4 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

The top one with the temps etc in the dials.

you just need to scroll through the settings for the individual gauge on the VC and select it. 

Just now, TheWanderer said:

The top one with the temps etc in the dials.

You can change what is displayed in the center either left or right dial. Newer model have also option to change the middle portion in between the two circle dials.

Press the right scroll button to move where do you want to change options. When you press it you will see two green arrows displayed which mean you can then scroll the right scroll button up and down to change what is displayed.

This is the bit from owners manual. Since this is one of the first versions of the manual, there is no mention of changing the info displayed in the F (on the picture) portion of the virtual cluster.

image.thumb.png.ddf56a00fdcda4c840b2e4c22a6fb80b.png