Probably the Best Car I Have Ever Had

Love our current owned-from-new 2014 mk3 1.4tsi combi, and the only vehicle that was even better in some areas was our previous mk2 1.9pd combi.

That was because it had slightly better economy, bigger fuel tank, independent rear suspension, and 16 inch wheels which were better suited to Australian touring.

I've looked at and test driven a lot of potential replacements for our mk3 but they have all fallen short in a sufficient number of areas to not warrant the expense of transferring to a less complete vehicle.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2024 at 13:45, nbramwel said:

My only problem was the rear washer kept getting bunged up but apart from that, no problems. 

Unfortunately, every Skoda, VW, Audi and Seat with the same rear ww unit, all have this feature and I’m sure that your Karoq, in time, will do the same. 

• Like 1

I struggled for some time to find a suitable replacement for my Mk3 Mondeo, and my Mk3 Octavia has fitted the bill perfectly.

It does everything well.

The rear washer issue can be mitigated with regular use, though it's a nuisance having to do that, but that's pretty much it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

I struggled for some time to find a suitable replacement for my Mk3 Mondeo, and my Mk3 Octavia has fitted the bill perfectly.

It does everything well.

The rear washer issue can be mitigated with regular use, though it's a nuisance having to do that, but that's pretty much it.

Try and use filtered water [not hardwater] or proper screenwash. You can if you are adventurous take off the jet spray part and soak it in hot water to dislodge the dirt in the jet nozzle.

Edited by varaderoguy
  • Like 3

Never had a blockage of the rear wiper screen washer over 17 years of Octavia ownership and to be honest they are very rarely used with our relatively dry climate.

However, picking up on @varaderoguy's point I have always used water from our reverse osmosis filter tap which is similar to distilled water, so there is no chance of algae growth or any calcium build up.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Try and use filtered water [not hardwater] or proper screenwash. You can if you are adventurous take off the jet spray part and soak it in hot water to dislodge the dirt in the jet nozzle.

I live in a soft water area, and have upped my screenwash concentrate. Not sure I can stretch to filtered water, but it's worth considering, thanks. 👍

The washer on my Mk3 blocked causing it to leak onto the motor and seize the wiper. Despite me cleaning it regularly. 

I loved my Mk3 1.6 TDI but this 1.5 TSI I own now is terrible. I hate it. 

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

Such a simple job. Mine was blocked for a few years. A few days soaking in vinegar did the trick for me.

• Like 1