10 months update-Karoq sportline 1.5dsg

Jasethekaroq

IMG_20240301_134942.thumb.jpg.417567bb7560c60f315e1a9a024b4638.jpg

Hello. I’ve had this car for nearly 10 moths now and covered 10,000 miles. Overall I’m happy with the Karoq and glad I purchased it. Especially the 1.5 TSI engine which is economical. Around town 38-42mpg and longer journeys have seen upto 52mpg. I still find the car to be good to look at, it’s red and I haven’t seen any other red sportlines in my area. Rare colour or not a popular colour?

Last year we did two European road trips(hence the miles!)  across France, Germany, Belgium, and Holland and despite having only 148bhp compared to my last Karoq(2.0 TSI 187bhp) I had no issues.

Likes-

1. The colour
  2. Economy is good
  3. Performance is good above 20mph
  4. Spacious
  5. Comfortable
  6. Practical
  7. Panoramic roof
  8. Good to drive
  9. Standard specification, specifically

Dislikes-

1. Same panel rattle as I had on  last Karoq, passenger front door. Intermittent and only slightly annoying.
  2. DSG  box at low speed. Very sluggish gearbox.
  3. Although performance is good and more than adequate(for a 1.5 TSI engine)  I’ve been driving my wife’s Cupra Born V2 for the last two weeks, I haven’t driven the Karoq until today when she decided she wanted to use her own car…bit cheeky!). Getting back into the Karoq I do miss the power and urgency of the Cupra.
  4. Nothing else

• Like 2

I think it's more rare than unpopular! I have seen very few in red. I like distinctive colours and glad to move away from the neutrals of black/white/grey.

26 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

I think it's more rare than unpopular! I have seen very few in red. I like distinctive colours and glad to move away from the neutrals of black/white/grey.

There are a couple of 'free' colours, then several metallics that cost extra, then one or two that cost even more, including Velvet Red and orange. I susprect that red would be more popular and common if it didn't cost extra.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jasethekaroq said:

I really like Phoenix orange. My wife hated it. Compromise was red. 

😂 It was about a year until my wife said she didnt really like the phoenix orange, but knew I did! 

2 hours ago, Jasethekaroq said:

IMG_20240301_134942.thumb.jpg.417567bb7560c60f315e1a9a024b4638.jpg

Hello. I’ve had this car for nearly 10 moths now and covered 10,000 miles. Overall I’m happy with the Karoq and glad I purchased it. Especially the 1.5 TSI engine which is economical. Around town 38-42mpg and longer journeys have seen upto 52mpg. I still find the car to be good to look at, it’s red and I haven’t seen any other red sportlines in my area. Rare colour or not a popular colour?

Last year we did two European road trips(hence the miles!)  across France, Germany, Belgium, and Holland and despite having only 148bhp compared to my last Karoq(2.0 TSI 187bhp) I had no issues.

Likes-

1. The colour
  2. Economy is good
  3. Performance is good above 20mph
  4. Spacious
  5. Comfortable
  6. Practical
  7. Panoramic roof
  8. Good to drive
  9. Standard specification, specifically

Dislikes-

1. Same panel rattle as I had on  last Karoq, passenger front door. Intermittent and only slightly annoying.
  2. DSG  box at low speed. Very sluggish gearbox.
  3. Although performance is good and more than adequate(for a 1.5 TSI engine)  I’ve been driving my wife’s Cupra Born V2 for the last two weeks, I haven’t driven the Karoq until today when she decided she wanted to use her own car…bit cheeky!). Getting back into the Karoq I do miss the power and urgency of the Cupra.
  4. Nothing else

Almost identical figures to my 1.5SEL auto at the same age

3 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

There are a couple of 'free' colours, then several metallics that cost extra, then one or two that cost even more, including Velvet Red and orange. I susprect that red would be more popular and common if it didn't cost extra.

Yes I agree.

5 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I'm only aware of one "free" colour - Energy Blue. Skoda worked really hard to come up with a colour that offends the eye so much.

Most people don't go for it, I wonder why?

Edited by xman

10 minutes ago, xman said:

I'm only aware of one "free" colour - Energy Blue. Skoda worked really hard to come up with a colour that offends the eye so much.

True. Only Energy Blue is free. I was using the configurator the other day, I think for the Kamiq, and I thought that solid white was free. Assumed it was the same for the Karoq.

1 hour ago, Jasethekaroq said:

From memory the red paint was £390 extra as I was buying sportline spec. Bargain! 

£390?. Was that for the whole car? After all you haven’t posted any images of the passenger side 😂

Seriously though, that red is a refreshing change 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

True. Only Energy Blue is free.

All paints exept the two 'exclusive' colours are no cost options on Sportline  models. Well for Kodiaq and Karoq anyway, haven't looked at anything else.

Those mpg figures mimick our old 1.5tsi dsg karoq too. Come up here to Central Scotland - most Karoq Sportlines I see are red. Very few Kodiaq Sportlines are red though.

I saw my first 'orange' Sportsline the other day. It looked great as it passed by but not sure I could live with the brightness. For my tastes I think the red suits the Karoq Sportline best of all where as in the Kodiaq...  to these eyes it's too bulky a car to look 'sporty'. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

I went with red for mine, hate the "undercoat" / "primer" options that seem to be the latest rage.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2024 at 16:29, xman said:

Oh I don't know  - I'm quite partial 😁

Each to their own though i guess 👍

20240102_1838473.thumb.jpg.f2b9b97314b9c0d17bf33695b9d1393b.jpg

Edited by pinkpanther
  • Like 4

I really liked my previous Red Kodiaq. Splashed the cash. But it had risen to over £1000 so I now have an Energy Blue model.

And I like this one too. I spent my cash on “under the skin” useful extras.

All manufacturers seem to have gone Silly on extra cost paint jobs.

The worst of course is paying extra for Primer Grey. They’re really taking the ****s.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2024 at 17:29, xman said:

Both our Skodas are that colour, I've always refused to pay extra for paint. The car isn't faster, more reliable, more comfortable etc etc

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Both our Skodas are that colour, I've always refused to pay extra for paint. The car isn't faster, more reliable, more comfortable etc etc

. . . . . . . but if you add a go faster stripe you’d see a real change 😂

4 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

. . . . . . . but if you add a go faster stripe you’d see a real change 😂

😂😂👍

1 hour ago, sussamb said:

but is better looking than poverty blue. :D

Edited by kodiaqsportline

2 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

but is better looking than poverty blue. :D

Well that depends on who's looking ... personally I find many of the colours that cost extra look terrible.

3 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Well that depends on who's looking ... personally I find many of the colours that cost extra look terrible.

OP has Sportline. Top range models don't offer that  poverty colour for obvious reasons. :D

Edited by kodiaqsportline

2 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

I really liked my previous Red Kodiaq. Splashed the cash. But it had risen to over £1000 so I now have an Energy Blue model.

And I like this one too. I spent my cash on “under the skin” useful extras.

All manufacturers seem to have gone Silly on extra cost paint jobs.

The worst of course is paying extra for Primer Grey. They’re really taking the ****s.

Same here - spent the cost of paint on Winter Pack+

Worth every penny - 4 heated seats and wouldn't want to be without a heated windscreen👌

• Like 2