Red Octavias ...

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Red (Rally Red??) Octavia's?

Are they prone to fading like most red cars I've ever owned? lol

They do look good in red IMO, I've seen a nice one but I don't want to get involved if it's going to turn pink..

many thanks

is the Octy flat-red paint laquered then?

Maybe I got unlucky, but all three red cars I've owned have gone bad (I have a '99T Astra SRi presently which has been looked after, and is still badly faded - shiny when it's polished/waxed, but faded. Curiously only the metalwork paint has faded, plastics are fine.. that car is certainly not laquered) I vowed never to get a red car again, but this really nice Red Octy has come up.... LOL.

But if the consensus is that the skoda reds are less of a problem then that's cool.?

I have had a 2001 Rally Red Octy vRs from new, and the only part of the car that had faded slightly is the rear spoiler, this appears to be a common problem, perhaps this is sprayed elsewhere and fitted to the car later ??

The rest of the car is holding its colour well.

I've got a 51 rally red, and not long ago I colour coded the black strips on the doors and the bumpers. The colour match is perfect, no signs of fading at all:thumbup:

Any pics of the colour coded strips. :thumbup:

mine is fine although my spoiler has slight fading but some good old fashioned polising sorted that one out so go do it

I bought a 2000 X Reg SLX in rally red.

Looks fine in daylight, but if I go to a petrol station at night, you can see under artificial light that the rear drivers side pillar has slightly "pinked". I guess this is beause of the way the previous owner used to park his car

But as this is only under artificial light and from a distane of less than a foot away it doesn't bother me, and shouldn't be noticable should I come to resell!

Here's the requested pics of the bumper strips in red, door strips totally removed. What you think?[ATTACH]9856[/ATTACH][ATTACH']9857[/ATTACH]

I think it looks OK without the door strips , but am not a fan of the colour coded bumper strips. I makes them look a bit bulky / aftermarket.

Rear spoiler the only fading bit for me too, but polishes up lovely!!!

Same for me!

Rear spoiler a bit pinky when i bought it but now looks great after a couple of polishes!

I went and saw a yellow one when looking to buy and the rear spoiler and petrol flap was faded

Ian :)

The bits in the bumper just pop out, but the door strips are held in place by adhesive . They came off really easy but left some of the adhesive on the door so I had to scrape it off using a hair dryer to soften it. Also there is a crease under the strips, you can see it in the picture.

9867.attach