Service costs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20000 mile service at Wings in peterborough yesterday for my 1.4 16V estate, £282.00 :eek:

Nothing wrong with it, just the normal routine service, most of the costs were labour charges as you expect.

20000 mile service at Wings in peterborough yesterday for my 1.4 16V estate' date=' £282.00 :eek:

Nothing wrong with it, just the normal routine service, most of the costs were labour charges as you expect.[/quote']

King Ell!!! How on earth do they justify this!!!!They are going to kill off the JD Power Survey high ratings with that ridiculous price. I'd go to an independent for less than 1/2 that

10k £0.00 done at work (Ford main dealer with correct filter and oil)

20k £150 and supplied own oil and filter

30k £0.00 done at work (see above)

oil usually changed every 2.5k FOC

brake fluid change also done at work

due to what the skoda dealer was going to charge me for the for the first 10k service , that is why it has been done where i work except the 20k but £150 to fit my supplied parts is a rip off IMHO

Isn't the 3rd supposed to be quite a large service for some reason or am I getting confused?

i checked the hand book and its just an oil change service , i think the 40k has a fuel and air filter aswell as the oil change , and probably also a cam belt depending whether Skoda change the service schedule for the belt again

Interesting you had an inspection at 30k, Andy! Shouldn't that have just been a lube service? :D

Btw, 2 year service should also include coolant and brake fluid change so worth checking they quote for that....

Chris

i wasnt happy with the 30k which is why i`m on the look out for another dealer in my area.

they said it needed the inspection, even tho i asked for just the oil change on the high mileage service schedule that the Glos dealer did for me. They said it needed the inspection and i stupidly agreed as i thought my mileage would go down to a 10k a year average, so it wouldnt be back for another year.

they also tried to get me to have the brake fluid done at the 30k but i refused that one.

does it really need doing to 2 years as well as the coolant, not sure i noticed that in my service schedule book!

i think the 40k is going to hurt, and i need a couple of front tyres too, though 40k out of a set of tyres cant be too bad!

2 years for brake fluid , as for coolant ,dont remember seeing it mentioned in the service book , i'll have to have another read , AFAIK its long life antifreeze anyway , the pink stuff in the Fords doesn't get changed for 10 years iirc

i checked the hand book and its just an oil change service , i think the 40k has a fuel and air filter aswell as the oil change , and probably also a cam belt depending whether Skoda change the service schedule for the belt again

Ah, I must be confusing the third and the fourth then!

Gives me another year not to worry anyway!:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just been quoted £140 Ex Vat for 10,000 Service at my Dealer. I ve booked it in but have now got an 'independant ' (Wife's secretary's husband owns his own garage)to quote me £120 inc vat. So gone with that for the last week in August instead.

i wasnt happy with the 30k which is why i`m on the look out for another dealer in my area.

they said it needed the inspection' date=' even tho i asked for just the oil change on the high mileage service schedule that the Glos dealer did for me. They said it needed the inspection and i stupidly agreed as i thought my mileage would go down to a 10k a year average, so it wouldnt be back for another year.

they also tried to get me to have the brake fluid done at the 30k but i refused that one.

does it really need doing to 2 years as well as the coolant, not sure i noticed that in my service schedule book!

i think the 40k is going to hurt, and i need a couple of front tyres too, though 40k out of a set of tyres cant be too bad![/quote']

I am starting to fall out with my dealer as last time (30,000 mile oil change service) I had the service guy quoting me over

• 1 month later...

ive just been qouted £240 for a 40,000 service, this is at the main dealers in teeside not sure if you can name them so opted for teeside as im sure there are a few members from this area here, ive been told that they do everthing from taking the wheels off, cleaning the brakes, filters etc, i think its a bit of a rip off but hopefully you guys can put my mind at rest and say its not to bad:eek: then to top it all off they wanted another 60 quid to do the brake fluid on the car to which i said no :finger: well words to that effect, is this important, and can it easily be done by myself, also if there is anyone from the area mentioned, do you know any local garages (not the dealer)that can do the same job that are cheaper but still do a good job thanks in advance guys regards rigby (1.9sdi engine)

Just been quoted £45 (for me to supply the oil) for the 1st service for my vRS, a local independant who comes to me, used him before and trust him with what he does, seems to know his stuff - assures me he uses Skoda parts (which I will be checking before they go in) so no dealer service for me then.

And yes, you did read that right, £45!

DS Auto gets a recommendation from me, unfortunatly they only do the Yorkshire areas, so no use for you Rigby, sorry.