Service costs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@chowy, apparently they put there prices up every 6 mths so ive been informed dont know if this is 100% true but thats what ive heard, also they are supposed to be about £10 cheaper than any other garage (main dealers that is) in the area so when you walk in they tell you that they are the cheapest and you can check if you want to, at the end of the day i think im going to take it to them let them do this 40k service then look for somewhere else to get the job done cos i think the price is as ive said earlier a bit of a rip off so if anyone can recomend anywhere please feel free to let us know here, i will let you all know if i find anywhere in the mean time, all i want is a good job for a fair price without getting ripped its not much to ask for but god its hard to find :(

So far my services hav cost

10k - £173 (11 months old)

20k - £214 (22 months old)

Both services had the yearly inspection included and were down at a franchised dealer.

I'm taking the car in tomorrow to have the brake fluid changed, costing £30. Saves me the hassle of disposing of the fluid.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been quoted £269.36 with my 10% loyalty discount on a 2nd year service on a 54plate vRS car done 7000 miles only, £221.71 if my oil with my 10% loyalty discount (Horners Bury) they are having a laff thats £296.30 without discount :eek: just about to start ringing round other dealers.

Update just rang Parkside of Bolton same service £160 v confused where do Horners get there prices from

I know its not a Furby vRS, but just had my Octy 2.0TDi PD serviced. This was its first Variable service at 18K, so simillar to the fixed 20K service and cost was £167.

not a vrs , but my 1.4 MPi cost £202.41 for this years service (inspection , oil change , brake fluid change plus cleaning and freeing off the brakes)

Labour £125.55

Parts £11.97 (!)

Sundries £34.15

Vat £30.14

@ Tweedmouth Service Station , Berwick...unfortunately they are not now service dealers , but the car is going to be 7 yrs old by the time of its next service , may as well just keep taking it there.

All you guys paying big money - ring around a few dealers and then try to get the nearest to pricematch like Chris said. I did this for my last service and they immediately knocked £45 or so off. The competing dealer was nearly 200 miles away too :thumbup: