The Red Baron... A Legend...

ecklad

No more wearing my Ferrari shirt.. When he won... No endless arguments and

happyness as he demolished the opposition...

To Micheal Schumacher 7 ( or 8 I hope ) times world F1 champion

I thank you for the many years that I have been privaliged to watch a genius

at work....

DANKE Micheal....

Dazz

unfortunetly unless there is a miracle of near biblical proportions he will not win his 8th world title , i can't believe he is having all the bad luck that he missed out on in the previous 6 seasons in the final 2 races ,

Blah blah...

The facts speak for themselves...

7 times world champ... and every record bar the number of GP starts...

when whoever you support beats these then you will have a case..

Dazz

Yes he is above those of his immediate time, but put into context he had not too much competition, usually only 1 driver a season able to challenge him.

Would he beat a Senna,Prost,Fangio, Clark or Lauda...I doubt it.

Blah blah...

The facts speak for themselves...

7 times world champ... and every record bar the number of GP starts...

when whoever you support beats these then you will have a case..

Dazz

Problem is that if the events of 1994 didn't occur, there's no way on Earth Schumacher would have won those titles, and you know it.

Auf Wiedersehen Schumi , und Danke Schon! The German GP wont be the same without him , I can't see the fans going mental over his little bro , or Nick Heidfeld. Who to support now?....Im thinking Lewis Hamilton if he makes it to F1 this season coming.

Problem is that if the events of 1994 didn't occur, there's no way on Earth Schumacher would have won those titles, and you know it.

Sorry but no one knows it, Schuey raced Senna and won and vice versa, it may have made more interesting viewing tho as Senna was not afraid to drive in the same shall we say 'cavalier' manner as Michael. At the end of the day the guy was in a class of his own and the rest of the contenders where still bloody skillfull wether people call them mediocre or not.

PS rooting for Button from here on in.

I don't understand all this Senna, etc was better than him. At end of the day he's made history and I've been lucky enough to see him do it. I wasn't alive back in the 60's or 70's but I've been able to enjoy the career of the most successful F1 driver ever.

Who to root for now is a tricking question, however I will enjoy seeing the new drivers make there mark on F1.

I don't understand all this Senna, etc was better than him. At end of the day he's made history and I've been lucky enough to see him do it. I wasn't alive back in the 60's or 70's but I've been able to enjoy the career of the most successful F1 driver ever.

I think the point that is being made is that He was the "best" driver in the era that saw much of the car control taken from the driver- traction control, paddle shifts, mlti-mapped engines etc removed much of the skill from getting the car round the track

as Jackie Stewart said " If I had made as many mistakes as Schuey in one race i'd have been dead in my first race"

All being fair though all Schumachers opponents had the same 'advantages' as all of Jackie Stewarts,etc didn't have. In their respective era's no one achieved what Scumacher did in his.

People say Button has the best driving style in F1 currently but that's not what counts it's the winning that does and based on that Schumacher is the best F1 driver.

Who to root for now is a tricking question, however I will enjoy seeing the new drivers make there mark on F1.

Neither do I; one of the few times they both had about equal machinery (Interlagos 94) Schumi totally owned Ayrton.

• 5 weeks later...

we all know your only aloud driver aids in a car if those tw**s in the red want them, take traction controle, they had it but no one could prove it, so they made it legal for all. but the forementioned tw**s had run a full seson with it. shue was good but his car was better!