Insurance Renewal

Just got mine through as well Col from Adrian Flux. All mods with 7 years no claim + named drivers. £925. :thumbdwn: Still cheaper than other companies based on a std fabia.

Nicci who only has 2 years no claims can get insure'd alot cheaper on my car than me.

I think when you hit 30 the major step occurs pricewise

For me at least postcodes seem to have a much bigger impact (at age 32) than anything else.

Fabia vRS, no mods, in PR1 (dodgy) = £434

Any group 19 car at my Dads address (LL77, middle of nowhere Anglesey) = £500

Insurance companies are worse than the Mafia. At least with them you know what you're up against... I tried to cancel my policy today on the octy only to be told that it was cheaper to keep the policy going that to cancel it due to all the fees that where going to apply for cancelling mid way a term... Fckers.

Well i got my renewal thru today with adrian flux... (my car is fully delclared on mods) and despite being 25 now, and having 8 years NCB.. its still £650, or 30quid cheaper than last year :rolleyes: so much for being 25 making a difference...

I guess its the price to pay for having a modified car... by comparison, directline will insure the std car for £300.. and i could get insured on a Evo for £750 :rolleyes:

I am tempted to put my car back to std, as i never get a chance to drive it properly these days :(

Just Leave it as it is but tell them it's standard!!!............Only Kidding!!!:P

Maybe your best option to take it back to standard form tbh,i pay that amount now with 3 years NCB and at 22 with my g/f of 20 on the policy.

My renewal with Elephant was £315 - standard Octy, 35 with 13 years (capped at 9) NCB, married and a sprog.

Admiral want £277 so Elephant have come down to £286.

I'll probably stay with Elephant as they are more open to mods than many others IMO (used to have my old Honda Prelude with suspension/brakes/exhaust/bodywork/engine mods no probs with Elephant).

Crikey almighty :eek:

I thought I was doing bad paying about £800 for my car which is a lot more modded than Colin's, but I do have only 1yr NCB after a 10k write off of the same car in a less modded condition. Guess I'm not doing too badly then in comparison :P

PS, I'm Highway insurance through greenlight. The biggest issue with ins cos and modded cars is as soon as you mod, the number of underwriters diminishes drastically, so effectively, there's no real "competition" :rolleyes:

Just called AF (Been waiting for Chris Knott to call me back for 2 days now) and went through a quote as mine is due.

28 yrs old, 6 years NCB (protected), brakes and suspension mods declared, legal cover, 20k per year business use 6 points and one accident in the last 4 years.

Have just put in for a quote @ greenlight... will see what they come back with..

Adrian flux will match any renewal quote anyway.

Thought GreenLight wont insure Fabia vRS's anymore?:thumbdwn:

Anyway I tried them in the past and they wont'd insure me as I lived in Liverpool:mad: