Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put my deposit down on a vrs special this morning at Abrahams in Lurgan Co Armagh pick it up on 3rd July cant stop grinning :)

get a good price?

I've seen one now... had a look at no. 173 still for sale in the showroom at Meadens in Hampshire while waiting to pick up my car. Love the leather seats!

that's quite a low number as well. Mine is 970 which is nice for being near the end of the run!

Hi, just found this site after being a Furby VRS owner for the last 3 years. Just sold my blackun for a new VRS SE (911). One thing I would like to ask other owners who have traded from an older VRS is do you feel the performance of the SE to be down on your old one?. I do have the stutter problem at 1800 rpm and have challenged my dealer about it and he is going to look into it. I cant put my finger on it, but I do feel there is something different about the performance compared to my 04 registered car. Hopefully the engine is still tight and a few more miles will sort her out.

Any comments??

Great site by the way :thumbup:

Hi, just found this site after being a Furby VRS owner for the last 3 years. Just sold my blackun for a new VRS SE (911). One thing I would like to ask other owners who have traded from an older VRS is do you feel the performance of the SE to be down on your old one?. I do have the stutter problem at 1800 rpm and have challenged my dealer about it and he is going to look into it. I cant put my finger on it, but I do feel there is something different about the performance compared to my 04 registered car. Hopefully the engine is still tight and a few more miles will sort her out.

Any comments??

Great site by the way :thumbup:

I noticed a significant improvement in performance around about 1500 miles or so - keep going!

i got my Fabia back in November, its a Black Sport and i love it too bits, but having seen a SE VRS, i just want one lol. wanted my sport in race blue, but they didnt do it, ah well a few years of hard saving and i might get to treat myself lol

I've only seen two more going around manchester - one was at the dealership and another was on regent road near my work.

Hello mate,could have been me driving,or more appropriately stuck in a queue,on Regent road,its my normal route to work.Had it since April - occasional stutter but running well.:)

Well first of all a huge thanks to this site for helping me track down my new vRS SE.

Two weeks ago, I was let down by my local dealer, who it turned out couldn't supply the car I'd paid a deposit for back in April!

Following some posts on the forum, I tracked down a fantastic dealer in the West Midlands with a couple of vRS SE's left. Agreed the deal that same Friday night and arranged for insurance details to be sent to them in time to collect the following Thursday.

On the day itself, I was just about to leave Kent to collect the car on my way to a business trip when the dealer rang to say the insurance still hadn't arrived. Turns out it hadn't even been posted so I arranged for the insurer (big name with a red phone) to get the original documents to their Central Birmingham office for collection later that same day.

Amazingly, the dealer offered to drive into the city centre (20miles away) to collect the certificate themselves so it wouldn't delay my business trip.

Arrived at their showrooms at 4.00 and in under 30mins I was setting off up the M6 with a huge grin on my face.

Well done to the team at Autosales Bilston - I can't praise them highly enough. And thanks again to this forum for the excellent info and advice.

I was thinking about taking the plunge a few months ago. I'm now thinking again but I may be too late.

Im going to phone my local dealer in Gillingham to see if they have any. Has there been any sort of deals achieved on these cars, I love a haggle!!

I love my vRS, its such a brilliant little motor. I really fancy this SE version now but may have just missed out!! who knows....:o

I think you'll need to phone around a number of dealers to find one now. I was told at the weekend that there were about 40 left.

I picked mine up from Autosales 29/6/07 #751 (see previous threads) and there was one in the showroom and maybe a demonstrator?

If you want to give them a call and see phone 01902 402222 ask for Matt or Dean. Say Bernard's son recommended you. And BTW he loves his......

I think you'll need to phone around a number of dealers to find one now. I was told at the weekend that there were about 40 left.

I was told approx 40 by a dealer local to Stu's on Tues as well! Must be right then!

I've seen one now... had a look at no. 173 still for sale in the showroom at Meadens in Hampshire while waiting to pick up my car. Love the leather seats!

Great car! - Now mine. Reserved it on Tuesday, drove home on Friday!! Excellent service from Meadens too - first rate dealer! VRS replaces my BMW 530D Msport company car - fabulous vehicle but 50k on it in 12 months took all the fun out of driving. So....decided to change jobs (to one with much less driving) and to run my own car so wanted to keep costs down (tight fisted git that I am :P ).

Absolutely loving the VRS so far; excellent car and extremely happy with performance; loads of fun too! I can honestly say this is the best 12k I have spent in a hell of a long time!!!!

I have managed to get myself one of the last remaining Fabia vRS Special Editions. I have to say I'm really pleased. I made an enquiry at my local dealership, Sherlodge garage in Gillingham and never pursued it. They called me back and few days as they had managed to source one.

It was good business, due to my circumstances, the car has cost me about

Whats the deal with these with these? Were they all pre-made before going on sale so you can't have any of the good options like xennons and cruise??

Whats the deal with these with these?

Last of a distinguished line

Were they all pre-made before going on sale

YES

so you can't have any of the good options like xenons and cruise??

Xenons probably not, but cruise can be (dealer) retro-fitted.

Good luck if you want to buy one - they are getting rare!