Revo'd Fabia VRS - Clutch slip

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with Snoopie , the Sachs uprated clutch is the one to go for , i know Jabba supply and fit them and poss other Tuners

Also the remap maybe producing too much torque , which will make the original clutch slip very quickly , especially considering the mileage done , speak to the people who remapped it to see if they can tweak the map

• 1 year later...

Get a new Sachs Clutch, and you will be ok for any more mods.

No point buying an better than standard clutch if your going to strap on a great big turbo and need an even better one! See my drift?

HTH, Dave

Hey people just had my '04 fabia vrs remapped to 170 and my clutch started to slip this evening but only in 6th. Also i noticed it seems to be smoking a fair bit more than it used to. Is this normal for a remapped one.

Cheers

Phil

Just had mine re-mapped and there is a little more smoke. I was told the re-map gives 300ft lb torque (standard is around 220 I think??) so it's no surprise that the clutches start to slip. The tech said that the standard clutch will take 300 ft lb, but it will wear out more quickly if you cane it every where...More torque that a 911 or Ferrari 36o....Got to be fun....:thumbup:

Get a new Sachs Clutch, and you will be ok for any more mods.

No point buying an better than standard clutch if your going to strap on a great big turbo and need an even better one! See my drift?

HTH, Dave

if your going hybrid the sachs organic is not up to the job,just ask skudmissile:thumbup: