2007/2008/(2009 lol)/2010/2011/2012/2013 Brisky detox.. still going strong haha

Neo_VR

Not long to go until it kicks off :eek:

My goals are:

No alcohol for at least a month

Loose at least 1/2 a stone during Jan

Start going to the gym reguarly :rofl:

And lots of other small "sort me life out" things.. like new job, economize on wasting money etc

anyone else joining me for the detox? :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcohol will be more of a 'every once in a while' - December is a bad one in this regard for me due to lots of time at inlaws & no driving needed/required the next day (so no need to get 'legal' again with regards alcohol percentage).

Don't smoke anyway, and on the car front my aim is to 'complete' the work on my car early in the year so I can reduce my debts/outgoings significantly, December again being a p*ss poor one for that due to my engine probs :(

Ah well, guess you should count me in.

Need to lose a stone in January, be a bit more careful with money, and start going to work on time. :rofl:

First weigh in - 19st 8lbs! Blimey!!!

I don't quite need to lose as much weight as you Tom but I could always do with losing an extra 4-5kg - get back to racing weight (approx 67kg - 10 stone 7lbs) by the start of the regatta season :rolleyes:

Might try going tee-total for the odd month or three :o

I really should increase the frequency and intensity of my training (probably not doing enough last year - should be doing 8 or more training sessions per week :rolleyes: )

Good luck in the detox guys :thumbup:

Ah well, guess you should count me in.

Need to lose a stone in January, be a bit more careful with money, and start going to work on time. :rofl:

:eek::eek: You were just touchin 18st this time last year :eek::eek:

ill weigh in tomorrow when oim sober :rofl:

Crikey, that's two and a half times my weight :eek:

Ditto. I recall someone saying they didn't like fragile ladies in case they break. Perhaps, Pixi, we should resolve to eat more cream cakes etc in the New Year? Perhaps the menfolk could fling theirs to us and kill two birds with one stone. Pun not intended, but a flying doughnut probably would knock me out, unless I go to the gym to speed up my responses so I can catch them first :)

Mo

Right, expecially you Col, you fat knacker, time to bump this thread.

We finished off our Christmas food yesterday with me finishing off the last of the mince pies with some brandy cream...

So, I've set up a weigh in at work. 6 of us are doing it, 50p a week each, and after 12 weeks, the person to lose the largest % of their original weight pockets the £36. I'm determined to get it!!! :thumbup: I'm 19st 6lbs, aiming to lose 2 stone in 12 weeks!!

My finances are undergoing a detox too. I've set a budget of £60 a month for food. Kicked that off with 8 cans of "big soup" on bogof at Tesco, lunch for 40p a day! :) Bought a load of apples and a sack of muesli, so thats over a week of food for £8... Not a bad start I thought!

Right, expecially you Col, you fat knacker, time to bump this thread.

We finished off our Christmas food yesterday with me finishing off the last of the mince pies with some brandy cream...

So, I've set up a weigh in at work. 6 of us are doing it, 50p a week each, and after 12 weeks, the person to lose the largest % of their original weight pockets the £36. I'm determined to get it!!! :thumbup: I'm 19st 6lbs, aiming to lose 2 stone in 12 weeks!!

My finances are undergoing a detox too. I've set a budget of £60 a month for food. Kicked that off with 8 cans of "big soup" on bogof at Tesco, lunch for 40p a day! :) Bought a load of apples and a sack of muesli, so thats over a week of food for £8... Not a bad start I thought!

Bring it on fatboy :P

is all this in a futile attempt to get that new car you want?? ;)

Bring it on fatboy :P

is all this in a futile attempt to get that new car you want?? ;)

Might be ;) . I'll be the owner of one before you are, fat knacker. :P . Nothing worse than a fat bloke in a nice motor though, need to look the part, so off with the stones!... :mad: :thumbdwn: :thumbup:

My detox is going really well!! I didn't sit eating after eights last night, I didn't buy a caramel and chocolate rice crispies square this morning, nor am I sat here eating walkers sensations with my butties and I don't plan to eat the cadbury's snack that isn't in my drawer!!

honestly!!...:o

....look I'm not happy ok?? bit of chocolate will do me good!! :rofl:

my start has not gone too well, found out I needed operation last week, went for an appointment on Wednesday, had to have op on Thursday,:eek: was a bit of a shock but now its all over I can really concentrate on my New Year.

I now weigh 9st 6lbs, :eek: OH MY GOD, I cannot believe I have put soo much weight on, I have gained, since last July, about 12lbs. I am going to start swimming once a week, dunno if this will do much good but will at least tone me up, I hope, I haven't really much time for anything else, but I will be very strict with my diet. Less booze, less chips, & less chocolate:thumbdwn:

:eek: Tom, you need to sort yourself out asap matey.

I am not having a go, but your a young lad (lol I sound like a senior now) and you can/need turn it all around.

It's a change of life mate, not a diet, not a bit of excersise here and there.

Sod your finances for now, as long as your not going to go bankrupt.

If you haven't got your health, you've got nothing.

I've adopted an all or nothing approach with my training. I didn't have a drop of alcohol for 3 months before Christmas, and plan to have 6 months off now, bar very special occasions.

I am having my metabolism tested this week to determine what nutrient my body requires and at what time, what my heart rate is for burning fat, not muscle. All sorts. From this I am getting a diet specifically written up which I intend to stick to 100%.

I am in the gym every morning before any food, running. Strict diet all day, in the gym every other day weight training after work, and sleep like a baby at night.

I never used to do any of the above, not a bean.

I am not saying to get involved as much as I have, but just giving an example that it is a change of life and attitude.

I've two half brothers that are equally overweight and they're dad of 50 is on his death bed due to his weight. Now I am getting worried about them going the same way in years to come.

It's not easy I know.

Big respect for being upfront about it though and posting your weight :thumbup:

Don't be disheartened for the first couple of months if the weight isnt falling off you, it won't, unless you do something unhealthy.

Good luck (to all of you)

Cheers James. Just after becoming a little bit healthier really. Shouldn't be suffering from bad backs and the like at 21 ffs... Feeling motivated anyway.

When the weather perks up I'll think about biking to work one day a week. Its only 6 miles, but I can't afford a bike at the moment, and technically my contract states I need to have access to a car at all times.