Light Assist Retrofit

Mine's a FL so it s terminal A pin 20.The terminal e pin 14 is for pre-FL's

Ahh, I see. Thanks for all your help on this. Fitting the wire tomorrow and coding the lights along with the new gateway for the Bolero on Friday.

Last question!!

I'm currently trying to remove the bit to plug the wire into but I'm struggling! What exactly should I be removing and how does it come out? This is what I see once I've taken the panel off...

2011-05-26%252520at%25252020-31-01.jpg

2011-05-26%252520at%25252020-31-41.jpg

The yellow wire hanging down is the wire I'm trying to connect up.

Thanks,

Dan

Can't get that box out but I think I've pulled the right connector out. It looks the same as the one in the diagram with all the correct wire colours, but there's already a wire in pin 14. A blue and White one

Fitted the switch, added the wire, activated auto lights and CH LH lights on VCDS, but they don't work! Any ideas? Lights are on all the time when on auto, and CH LH lights don't work at all

Fitted the switch, added the wire, activated auto lights and CH LH lights on VCDS, but they don't work! Any ideas? Lights are on all the time when on auto, and CH LH lights don't work at all

You will have to activate ASSISTANCE DRIVING LIGHT .!

for the auto lights to work .!!!

Can't get that box out but I think I've pulled the right connector out. It looks the same as the one in the diagram with all the correct wire colours, but there's already a wire in pin 14. A blue and White one

The box will come out with a bit of a struggle ...!

It's held on by clips and if I remember correctly there are two of them at the back end .!

You will have to activate ASSISTANCE DRIVING LIGHT .!

for the auto lights to work .!!!

Yes, activated all of that and it doesn't work. The only thing I managed to get working was twin fogs! Also, the warning doesn't come on anymore when you leave your lights on and open the door.

Yes, activated all of that and it doesn't work. The only thing I managed to get working was twin fogs! Also, the warning doesn't come on anymore when you leave your lights on and open the door.

The only problem could be that the wire is incorrectly connected .!!

Did u clear the fault codes ?

If i change Byte 2 Bit 4 to a tick setting Coming-Home to /Potentiometer/ then i get a different fault code

1 Fault Found:

02390 - Control / Regulation for Ambience Lighting (E400)

009 - Open or Short to Ground

GRRR

This is the fault code I have. Lights are now on all the time when switched to auto.

This is the fault code I have. Lights are now on all the time when switched to auto.

you will have to re-check the wiring !

TERMINAL E PIN 14. (big black box with letter E)

Coming home should be on potention....whatever..i.e light sensor

Ok, Ill check the wiring but I'm 99% certain it's right! Unless my joint between the two wires isn't good. I pulled out all the plug but couldn't get the control unit out. I did manage to identify the right plug though by looking at the diagram and cross referencing the wire colours and pin locations. Will check again!

Ok, Ill check the wiring but I'm 99% certain it's right! Unless my joint between the two wires isn't good. I pulled out all the plug but couldn't get the control unit out. I did manage to identify the right plug though by looking at the diagram and cross referencing the wire colours and pin locations. Will check again!

hope you can get it sorted ...its a fairly straight forward job !

All working. Thanks for your help. I had VCDS set to "light sensor" rather than "personalisation". Switched it to personalisation and now it works fine. Should read the instructions properly!

Its not necessary the wire has to be purple in colour !!

I have retro fitted headlights on my Octavia II FL '09

A much more specific test would be to remove the connector head of the wires and see if you have any empty block..

If all the blocks are filled with wires ,..... you dont need any wires only the new switch and coding !

Hi

I am keen to get the light assist retrofitted. I have removed the actual switch (non auto/non tunnel). Some advice on how to remove the connector head of the wires to inspect any missing wire will be helpful. Many thanks

Look at the connector, you'll see a little tab to push in. Push it and the connector slides apart. Slide the outer cover out to the side, 90 degrees to the wires.

Thanks. will try over weekend.

Do I need two repair wires to join to get the adequate length. how much do they cost and is it easily available from skoda dealer?. Will try to source the auto light switch from skodateile.

Yup wire missing in slot no 2 of wire connector head. All other 9 slots has wires.

Thanks Dan

I have been trying to get ch/lh lights working today on my fl octy to no avail. i dont have rain sensor or maxidot, I have bought the auto light switch & I think we coded correctly for ch/lh lights on and adl on (but no mention of sensor in long coding helper).

I took apart the connector and there are 2 wires missing from the block, slot 2 & 6. What parts do i require to enable ch/lh?

• 2 months later...

Time for some good old thread necromancy now!

I've pulled my light switch apart (As I've got full rain sensors installed on my car (Elegance)) and there is indeed another wire taped up.

My question is - to those who have also found that they have a taped up wire - is it long enough to get to the control box, and does it need an "end" putting on it??

My guess is, I can hook this up to the box mentioned in the instructions, get a new light switch and I'm good to go?

I of course have access to VCDS too