Light Assist Retrofit

Just taken a call from my dealer - they have retro-fitted the Light Assist and confirmed all works as expected, though it took them all afternoon to do it! :eek:

I shall of course be confirming that myself when I collect tomorrow evening. The dash had better not be rattling now!!

Can Coming/Leaving Home lights be activated via VAG-COM?

I haven't got the tunnel lighting icon on my lightswitch but the door mirrors do have the door lighting area lens fitted, not sure about the electrics inside though.

Car is a 56 Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG Hatchback.

If I turn off the ignition with the lights on dip beam they switch to sidelights only and do not go out after 80 seconds.

Thanks.

Can Coming/Leaving Home lights be activated via VAG-COM?

I haven't got the tunnel lighting icon on my lightswitch but the door mirrors do have the door lighting area lens fitted, not sure about the electrics inside though.

Car is a 56 Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG Hatchback.

If I turn off the ignition with the lights on dip beam they switch to sidelights only and do not go out after 80 seconds.

Thanks.

09 central conv

long coding

byte 0

tick bit 5 and 7

As mentioned earlier in this thread...

In addition to what Stu says above, you can make them stay on if you had your lights on when you came home too. In fact you don't need to turn the light switch off at all during the winter. No flat batteries and no annoying screetch when you open the door!

Mark

(If you don't have VAG-COM and are ever nearby I can set this up and more for you. Shiraz preferred :drunk:)

Got myself confused by the manual re coming home lights feature.. Can anyone explain please?

At night, I unlock the car, the headlights come on - as expected, great stuff. But when I get out and lock the car at the end of a journey, the lights do not illuminate. I thought "coming home" meant it would light up - ie effectively lighting my way to my front door - that makes more sense.

Or do I have to play with the lights dial? Seems kinda crazy... Is it possible to do this with the mighty VAG-COM?

Otherwise I shall have to rename this feature, "show me the way to my car lights" :D

Checked Maxidot - "Leaving home" is set to 30s. So I unlock the car, lights come on, everything's dandy. When I lock the car, the lights do not come on :( Am I doing something wrong or is my Maxidot playing up? All this with the Tunnel icon selected via the light dial.

Checked Maxidot - "Leaving home" is set to 30s. So I unlock the car, lights come on, everything's dandy. When I lock the car, the lights do not come on :( Am I doing something wrong or is my Maxidot playing up? All this with the Tunnel icon selected via the light dial.

Theres a setting for leaving home and arriving (not sure if thats exactly what its called, have a look again).

Should work as follows:

With switch set to tunnel setting

Arrive home in dark with lights on

Turn ignition off - lights stay on for 30 seconds

Get out of car, lock car.

Lights should stay on assuming you are still within the 30 seconds.

Setting is as follows:

Get in car and shut door

Turn light switch off

Turn ignition on

Maxi dot will show MSD then 'Please fasten seat belt'

Hold bottom switch on stalk in for about 4 secs.

Display should change to 'Settings'

Scroll down using switch on right of stalk to Lights & Vision

Select Coming Home - display should show 10, 20 or 30 secs. If there are dashes instead then the coming home function is turned off

Change to 30 secs.

Check the Leaving Home settings in the same way.

Turn light switch back to Tunnel setting.

If Arriving Home is missing from display then there's something wrong - back to dealer?

Setting is as follows:

Get in car and shut door

Turn light switch off

Turn ignition on

Maxi dot will show MSD then 'Please fasten seat belt'

Hold bottom switch on stalk in for about 4 secs.

Display should change to 'Settings'

Scroll down using switch on right of stalk to Lights & Vision

Select Coming Home - display should show 10, 20 or 30 secs. If there are dashes instead then the coming home function is turned off

Change to 30 secs.

Check the Leaving Home settings in the same way.

Turn light switch back to Tunnel setting.

If Arriving Home is missing from display then there's something wrong - back to dealer?

I haven't tried driving someplace first, just unlocking and then relocking but...

Followed this through, I only have Leaving Home option in Maxidot, which is set to 30s. I don't have Coming/Arrivng Home option. Looks like a trip to dealer for me. I'm assuming this coding was missed off when the Light Assist was retro-fitted and a VAG-COM hook up will sort me out? Slightly anxious its because it was a retro fit and not factory fitted... :confused: