Light Assist Retrofit

The problem I have is the dealer isn't exactly local and I haven't really got the time to go in the opposite direction to collect the wires....

Although we do know the part numbers

The wire complete with the terminal for the 16 Pin Connector is 000 979 009 and the one for the 10 pin connector is 000 979 009

The wire complete with the terminal for the 16 Pin Connector is 000 979 009 and the one for the 10 pin connector is 000 979 009.

Stu, just had a response from a dealer and they have no idea what 000 979 009 is

Also noticed the part number quoted is the same for both parts

:confused: Confused on both parts :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, SUK have this week informed me that they will not be pursuing the retrofit saying it can't be done - so I'm currently talking to the supplying dealer about being compensated for not having the option fitted in the first place (a flat 'no' to my request for the Eibach spring kit!).

I am willing to offer my car as a guinea pig to anyone competent at this sort of thing to see if we can get it sorted.

You could get a little bit more forceful with them and reject the car on the basis of not as ordered.

Sadly I think it would be an epic trip for you to come to me, if you do ever end up down this way then I'd be willing to give it a shot.

^As tempting as it is to reject the car on a matter of principal I just can't be bothered with the hassle it would bring. This issue aside I love the car and because I have refused to pay for the whole auto wiper/auto dip mirror/light assist option, a little sweetner on top will suit me.

Stu I will be venturing down south in the car within the next couple of months so I will PM you nearer the time to see if i can take you up on your kind offer.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

on a tangant, but can anyone tell me if a elegance with maxidot and the usual dimming rear veiw mirror can be set up to have the coming home lights? (lights on when you unlock or just after youve taken the key out of the ignition)

i dont need the full light assist with tunnel light etc, just want to have the lights on when i get out of the car.

Cheers!

Yes you can switch on leaving home.

You need to alter the long coding, I don't know what visiblity of the coding the guys in the workshop will have with VAS though.

Yes you can switch on leaving home.

You need to alter the long coding, I don't know what visiblity of the coding the guys in the workshop will have with VAS though.

cheers stu, so what kind of machine do they need to use to alter the coding?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

After a long disscusion.. i have convinced my dealer Merrits Skoda (aylesbury) to try this.. They are currently trying VRStu's solution. I am actually in the dealership on there computer writting this post.. So if this works and they can get the extra parts from VW down the road..I shall report back in an hour or so..

Hi All .

Not good news it did not work.. So i am now getting the car arranged to be sent to Skoda's Training centre in milton keynes.. So i will keep you posted as im not gonna rest till this proble is rectified.. Or the cars replaced!

did they have a look at the long coding of the controller?

Nope don't think so i was with him when he had it up on the VAS 5051 unit. It was just the short code.

But in my hast and disapointment.. i have exgagerated this.. The part was not available from VW which is coming into store over the weekend.

Instead he used ur diagrame and linked a cable where the extra cable will go. Which incidently Skoda Tech Uk suggested as well. So this still may work, when they get the prober cable in. They are taking the car on friday to put in the suggested ordered parts u suggested.

VRSTU; ur more than welcome to give them a call, as im not very technical, and may be btw u and the dealer may get to the bottom of this.

i showed them ur suggestion and were very impressed... I even suggessted they should put u on there pay roll...

Rickyt

Also while i had the car on the VAG com, i got a print out and in the mileage bit it says 16k but my car has only done 10k.. This seems very strange to me.. the dealer didn't how this was, and nor did skoda technical.. Does this mean the cars been driven 6k more than the ordometer say? Does anyone have any answerrs

Also the VIN number matched my car and the print out so it was my car.

i showed them ur suggestion and were very impressed... I even suggessted they should put u on there pay roll...

Rickyt

If they want to pay me then who am I to complain :rofl:

As Ian says above the ECU version of distance covered is in KM's.

what actually are you after if its just the lights to stay on after you get home and come on again when you unlock the car then this can be done with vagcom 7.11 which ive done. Or if you have maxidot (after i did it) you can do it here too.