The high mileage club...

Tom_vRS

• 2 weeks later...

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Zetec 53 plate - 217,500 miles

Owned since new but unfortunately it is very unlikely that she will pass her MOT this month, principally rusting sills in front of the rear wheels, but other things are definitely failing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My 06 Petrol is almost at 100k. I was always dubious as this figure got close. I have full service history.

Anything I should be worried about, or are these old myths exactly what they are - myths.

My 06 Petrol is almost at 100k. I was always dubious as this figure got close. I have full service history.

Anything I should be worried about, or are these old myths exactly what they are - myths.

It's just about run in then.

Blocked oil pick up strainer is common on VAG 1.8t's that haven't been serviced at the correct intervals with VAG spec Oil & Filters. Other than that they're pretty bullet proof engines.

Achieved on Thursday. Still runs well, once it starts (fuelling problems prevent starting at times; under investigation).

2016-09-29%2007.35.49.jpg

Well, this is dead now!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evuympxqj6meqq0/20161015-124014_EVT_D.mp4?dl=0

This was flat out in first. It's being broken for parts 

Four years, three road trips, including Russia, and now it's all come to an end. :( It had a good innings though

Well, this is dead now!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evuympxqj6meqq0/20161015-124014_EVT_D.mp4?dl=0

This was flat out in first. It's being broken for parts 

Four years, three road trips, including Russia, and now it's all come to an end. :( It had a good innings though

Love to hear an account of the Russian trip........wouldn't be OT surely.

Could always put it in the drivung routes section...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Happy to go into more detail, but here's a blog I wrote of the trip (and forgot to update since!). Annoyingly, it reads in inverse order, so you'll want to start on page 2 and work backwards.

http://crabby-joe.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2015-07-27T20:39:00%2B01:00&max-results=7

• Like 1

Happy to go into more detail, but here's a blog I wrote of the trip (and forgot to update since!). Annoyingly, it reads in inverse order, so you'll want to start on page 2 and work backwards.

http://crabby-joe.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2015-07-27T20:39:00%2B01:00&max-results=7

Thanks for that

I've fantasised about Norway but I understand the strength of their currency make everything v expensive..........even a beer

Thanks for that

I've fantasised about Norway but I understand the strength of their currency make everything v expensive..........even a beer

All scandanavian countries are pricey.. colleague's brother is working in sweden. Beer worked out about €16 a pint.. and you only drink spirits if youve won the lottery...

All scandanavian countries are pricey.. colleague's brother is working in sweden. Beer worked out about €16 a pint.. and you only drink spirits if youve won the lottery...

Looks like BYO

• Like 2

Thanks for that

I don't remember keeping track of costs (I wasn't drinking anything), but it's a lovely country. Getting there (buy car or plane) would still be cheaper than America or somewhere, so you can spend those savings on stuff instead. :) I do remember the 40pence p/l derv in Russia though - that was nice!)

Property, in Sweden at least, is cheap, so I guess it's offset by lower mortgage costs. I'd rather cheap property and higher consumables (I think - I say that as someone still trying to buy a house!)

• 2 weeks later...

2004 Octavia II 1.9 tdi PD105 (BJB)164173 miles. Last tank full was a little disappointing on MPG. Also feel I pushed it a little as it took 54.98 litres before the pump clicked off.

now at 171,000 miles.

• 5 months later...

Matilda is about to break the 120K mark, apart from Ratty chewing a few wires, the rear wiper motor failing - possibly because Mrs H used the wipers before deicing - and the aircon compressor failing, we've still had no significant issues :) And my FiL reckons she is at the end of her life.

The car, not my wife....

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MattHunt said:

Matilda is about to break the 120K mark, apart from Ratty chewing a few wires, the rear wiper motor failing - possibly because Mrs H used the wipers before deicing - and the aircon compressor failing, we've still had no significant issues :) And my FiL reckons she is at the end of her life.

The car, not my wife....

120k it's barely run in. Should be good for at least double that mileage if you look after it. My A4 is on 238k & counting, serviced every 9k, & running better than ever!!!!

Edited by pauldazzle