MK2 Golf Turbo, an update.

Tech1e

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Engine was steam cleaned and given a good lick of Smooth Green Hammerite (the Briskodians choice).

The black engine parts varied. The alternator and starter motor were cleaned using solvent based cleaner then given a coat of etch primer, then gloss black (Halfords best) and laquered. The alternator bracket was glass bead blasted, etch primered and then painted and laquered. Cambelt cover was cleaned, prepped with 800 grit paper, plastic primed, flatted back with 1500 paper, painted with gloss black, flatted back with 1500 paper and laquered.

i am more excited about this than my car :D

To be honest most of the bits ive been painting are for your car..lol.

My engine is just sat on the stand headless. However I now have the washers i've been waiting for so that can be rebuilt.

Engine was steam cleaned and given a good lick of Smooth Green Hammerite (the Briskodians choice).

The black engine parts varied. The alternator and starter motor were cleaned using solvent based cleaner then given a coat of etch primer, then gloss black (Halfords best) and laquered. The alternator bracket was glass bead blasted, etch primered and then painted and laquered. Cambelt cover was cleaned, prepped with 800 grit paper, plastic primed, flatted back with 1500 paper, painted with gloss black, flatted back with 1500 paper and laquered.

brill, cheers that gives me a head start when bits start coming off. i do love the green, i was thinking going green for the calipers as the car is silver, just hope Briskodians wont baulk at the colour appearing on a non vag car :rofl:

Don't you just love it when you ask for something maybe a bit random from a supplier and they understand what your chuffin on about. Well done Skospares you excelled yourselves, also did this 'odd' job as I'm a Briskodian and they like us :)

• 2 weeks later...

Look what arrived :)

GolfCage5.jpg

GolfCage4.jpg

GolfCage3.jpg

GolfCage24.jpg

GolfCage23.jpg

GolfCage22.jpg

GolfCage13.jpg

GolfCage12.jpg

GolfCage18.jpg

Then decided to remove the rear beam etc so I can strip it down and get it all blasted and powder coated. Also dropped the fuel tank so that can be cleaned and I can now clean and underseal the underneath of the car after it has been seam welded of course.

GolfCage11.jpg

GolfCage2.jpg

GolfCage16.jpg

GolfCage21.jpg

Got to get the old dreaded knotted wire wheel out again, took half my leg off with that last time.

DSC00397.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...