MK2 Golf Turbo, an update.

Tech1e

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few more pics from today, nice day for it so spent the morning removing yet more sound deadening and prepping the bulkhead. Decided it would actually be easier rather than filling all the holes to just make a new bulkhead panel from scratch, this will be done shortly.

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

plenty of work still to do Ross :eek:

True, but with it allready been fitted up its just a case of bolting stuff back on when the welding etc is done. Just the wiring to re do so its nice and neat. The interior will stay pretty much as it is with the exception of the dash which will be cut to fit around the cage. Quiet this car aint.

It was and will be running again an Audi APX 1.8T (225bhp std) running Emerald V3 management and a few other trick bits (lloking at approx 270-280bhp).

bloody hell ... it's gonna be a riot!

Hopefully :)

Just de mounted the second set of speedlines (first has two bent ones, not happy but glad I found out prior to refurb) good thing is all four wheels are fine so I can do a spare. Should be dropping them off to my mate shortly for refurb.

Also my apprentice found these in his next door neighbours garden, turns out they belonged to the previous owner of the house so he gave them to him. Im helping him out with his MK3 Golf so he gave them to me, some summer show wheels I think :)

28032008215.jpg

As set of four.

I was trying to decide if I should refurb the Teledials and leave the Speedlines. But to be honest I cant afford the adapters for the Porsche rims at the moment and I may leave them as show wheels anyhow. The Speedlines will bolt straight up (although may need some spacers, we shall see).

Wheels are being painted gloss black, will go with the theme of the car very well.

So another day some more done :)

Tonights fun, stripping the cylinder head of its valves etc so it can be skimmed, cleaned, lap the valve back in and cap off the secondary air inlet port (dont run any emission gubbins, pah!)

DSC00840.jpg

Of course, sat in the front room watching Eastenders working on Evie's little dinner table, ace!

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

Also picked these up, quick release battery terminals, look pretty swish :)

DSC00850.jpg

More fun tomorrow no doubt!