The Ultimate Road Trip 'Feeler' for 2008

Makefish

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This years international trip has'nt even started yet but I have already got ideas for an Alpine road trip for 2008.

The idea is loosely based on the successful format currently offered by FB5K (another car forum for car enthusiasts but with a bit more automotive exoctica!). Basically the trip will take in four countries France, Monaco, Italy & Switzerland. The route takes in some breathtaking scenery on some of the finest roads to be found anywhere in Europe and will be over approximately 8 days.

This will take a LOT of organising and of course will not be as cheap as this years Czech trip but if there is sufficient interest you will have plenty of time to start saving (rough idea on cost would be

this sounds like one of these once in a lifetime type of things, money is tight just now but things are changing for me over the next few months, if all goes well i could defo be interested in this.

John, it may be worth PMing Steve just in case a last minute space for this year's Prague trip has become available....

As it happens I'm finding out today if any extra rooms have become available (the hotel was fully booked during our stay a few weeks back :() so it may still yet be possible yet slim chance that you could come along.

Anyone that is interested please PM me.

As it happens I'm finding out today if any extra rooms have become available (the hotel was fully booked during our stay a few weeks back :() so it may still yet be possible yet slim chance that you could come along.

Anyone that is interested please PM me.

Just had this reply:-

"Dear Steve,

thank you for your email, however I am sorry to tell you that the hotel

Mars is for those dates completely booked out already. There is no room

left. I am sorry. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,"

So I'm sorry, too late now :(

Why do i have to be saving for a wedding :bawl:

Unless i win a load of cash some time soon the future wife will never let me out on this trip.

To say im gutted is an understatement :(

i work with someone who has been up that pass in his Mini in the 1960/70s

and i used to know someone who had ridden his push bike up it :eek:

Ive driven Stelvio twice going up is hard, going down is probably worse. If you do it with std brakes it will really pay to take your time going down & be ready to stop if the pedal starts to go. There are places to stop & it really is worth it to take some pictures.

It really is a fantastic drive & not as horremdous as the picture makes it out to be, the scarist bit is probably if you meet a lorry on a bend as they need all the road & some. Theres also a Police station half way up so if you drive like a **** they simply wait until you get to them, To date its always been for a chat & no more, the Italian Police tend to like cars & dont mind them being driven enthusiastically up to a point.