Had an accident with my vRS...

Was driving along, minding my own business, next thing, BANG, Frontera tries to mate with my little furby...

Gutted aint the word... :(

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

And said Frontera...

DSC00139.jpg

Now, is it just me or does the wheel look like its sitting in at the top? Some pretty heavy damage to the alloy, think there may be some suspension damage :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was driving along, 2 cars infront of me. One indicates to turn (into the junction im stopped across in the picture) car behind slows down, i brake and slow down too. Frontera was parked on the path on the opposite side of the road, then took off and came across and hit me...

Big ouch! It cant be another right off. theres been so many latley.

Good luck with the insurance etc :thumbup:

Doubt it will be a write off, but you never know...

Though the steering wheel is now squint and has a pull to the left... :mad:

Gutted for you though mate. Glad you're ok. Did the frontera driver admit liability?

No one was hurt, was (relatively) low speed it happened. He didnt admit liability there, but the guy following me, got his details as a witness.

I want to congratulate you on you calmness at this traumatic time.:( If it were me i'd be in a homocidal rage:mad: Hope it all comes good for you and the cars repaired quickly:thumbup:

I want to congratulate you on you calmness at this traumatic time.:( If it were me i'd be in a homocidal rage:mad: Hope it all comes good for you and the cars repaired quickly:thumbup:

Was a lot calmer than i thought i would have been.

Hope i get a courtesy car. If i dont, iv been resigned to a daywoo nexia thing... :(

Sorry to see the damage to the Furby, I felt gutted when I got into an argument with a hedge after being forced off the road.

Insurance companies say not to admit any liability or say sorry, but it seems obvious here that the 4x4 is at fault. Good that you have all the pictures.

Hope you get it fixed soon!! :)

On a better note, you can now have some fun in a courtesy car!!! :D

Steph told me earlier you had a bump mate but not that much about it, big bast**rd devil Frontera, was the driver blind take it they just stonewalled you and pushed you sideways to where it is in the first photo.

Would have went rag if it had been me personally, was the culprit a he or a she? :mad:

That junction is a pain in the *** at the best of time cause of all those irresponsible female drivers

whom constantly double park and abandon cars their cause it handy for the bingo and cinema.

Have nearly been hit there a few times with the old Honda.

Hope it gets sorted soon keep the chin up. :thumbup:

Steph told me earlier you had a bump mate but not that much about it, big bast**rd devil Frontera, was the driver blind take it they just stonewalled you and pushed you sideways to where it is in the first photo.

Pretty much. Still cant believe it :o

Sorry to hear about that :( - glad everyone is ok though, that's always the main thing. As for the rage, just wait till you have to deal with the insurance company..

Any witnesses?

Yea, never had to deal with an insurance company before other than handing over money for some paper. My mate hydrauliced his Bora, took them nearly 8 weeks to write that off...

There was a witness, the guy writing on bonnet in the picture :thumbup:

Good idea for the photo's, we have to as a company policy. When you speak to the insurers make sure they are aware of the suspension damage ;)

I Always take photos of everything anyway. NO doubt they will ask for more anyway :rolleyes:

Was gonna be telling them anyway. Steering wheel doesnt sit level anymore, has a pull to the left now, and the road wheel isnt sitting right...

Main thing is you are ok Mikey

What a mess you made of my could have been car bugger

Hope it all goes well for you

Found a four furby family in Dundee, last week, one has the SE blue from Norman

very nice,

Glad you are OK mate the car will be sorted

Jimbo aka

National