****wag Warning!!!!****

Girl Racer

Welcome along, were your brought up around cars then? my daughter knows more about cars than my brother does (who incidently probably know less about cars to a blade of grass :rofl:). also i reckon you will soon get a skoda when you realise how much better they are (this is coming from another ex vauxhall owner x3). ;)

I wasn't no.... I have 5 brothers though... two older step brothers and three younger half brothers. But most of the time as I was growing up it was my Mum and myself. My father was a tank mechanic in the RE's, but I didn't grow up with him... unless it was in the genes :)

I've got my eye on an RS4... that HAS to be the next call :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha love the in-place spraying of the cam cover with an aerosol can - can we take it you won't be doing things this way? :P

Damn straight.... I am a 'Do it properly, or not at all' kind of girl :D

was that the later vectra C though? as i would agree the vectra c is crap! i'd bet my bottom teeth i mark 1 early octavia couldnt keep up with my 1998 vectra B ;)

Same shape as GR's, and compared against an A4 facelift car (big hint in the Ambiante huh? ;) ).

To clarify, I'm not claiming that the Octy was faster per se, but rather than I could drive it faster, because I got some steering feedback, and it didn't have an over-stiff suspension setup resulting in it bouncing wide of line on every rough-surfaced corner. Power is nothing without control and all that.

Power is nothing without control and all that.

never a truer word said :)

im surprised, i thought for sure it would be the vec c you were refering too. i have to say now though after driving the octy, that the octy is better than my vectra (back when it was standard anyway ;)) by a long shot!

Might have to take you up on the ideas for mods - once the Z20LET is in. The X18XE1 is pretty much stuffed as far as mods go... they seem to work better the less mods they have - hence I have done the 4 pipe mod, put an airfilter in there, remus centre pipe, blanked off the EGR and thats about it. And I STILL only get 320 miles to a full tank of fuel. lol.

Dont wantto mix it up too much but why do you want to go turbo? why not go for a NA engine with high compression internals and bodies??

in my experience they create alot more "usable" power...

not arguing, just want your take on it? (i know why i wanted a turbo ;) )

Dont wantto mix it up too much but why do you want to go turbo? why not go for a NA engine with high compression internals and bodies??

cos the turbo engine is already built and ready to go in. no one builds custom bits for the engien shes got in the car already. plus we have a friend who took a 2lt engine to its limits and it didnt get the bhp that this turbo has as standard! :)

but i maybe going down the TB's route :D

A girl that i can talk engines with and then fix my car for me while i go and fix computers :sad:

A guy can wish lol

Nowt wrong with that... I'm sure there are a few of us out there that do like to talk/fix cars ;)

Again, its an older engine. The one that I'd have to do that with would be a redtop... although parts are as cheap as chips... well all apart form the diblas kit. I also love the turbo sound. As Spats says, my Z20LET is ready to go. But I'm wary about the whole uprated internals, after the ZLET guru ended up with a conrod through his block...

Anyways... I digress..... a NA engine is Spats' dream.... and the turbo is mine. I just wouldn't want to steal his thunder :D

cos the turbo engine is already built and ready to go in. no one builds custom bits for the engien shes got in the car already. plus we have a friend who took a 2lt engine to its limits and it didnt get the bhp that this turbo has as standard! :)

but i maybe going down the TB's route :D

hmmm, i think you maybe sacrificing reliability for power, but i guess if done right then will be fine....

i guess if you've got everything ready to go in out of another car there's no point in making work for yourself. I can respect that:thumbup:

Nowt wrong with that... I'm sure there are a few of us out there that do like to talk/fix cars ;)

I definetely like to talk cars but I don't think I would trust myself to fix mine :D

have both, to share a dream is more important in life than having one alone;)

Thats where we share everything anyways... one house.... two cars... one NA, one turbo.... best of both worlds :D

Thats where we share everything anyways... one house.... two cars... one NA, one turbo.... best of both worlds :D

i guess that works, although having lots of cars has become a strange normality for me and mine!

she wants an RS4, I dont like the price tag (love the cars) so am settling for an S4

upgrade turbo's and injectors, go and see the main man dave walker and i got myself an RS4 eater!!

aswell as my other toys, keeps us both happy!!