Skoda MFD3 Trinax - My thoughts **Warning Lots of Pictures**

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some serious heat sink action going on there. The MFD2 chucks out a good amount of heat so the MFD3 must be even worse. Luckily there is a fair amount of room behind the dash for it.

Note the quadlock and A/V multimedia connectors there :thumbup:

cheers, whats the difference ? is the dvd one able to play dvd's on the move?

dont think so, it just holds more maps as its dvd. the other thing is that its only available in vw colours as skoda only do a mfd2 cd version.

Pull the Stream unit out, plug the MFD2 in, simple as that. A new trim and some VAG-COM fettling (not critical but recommended) and you are off.

You can have any A/V input you like if you buy an MFD2 Media adaptor that simply plugs in the back. And you can keep the CD chnager if fitted as well.

So it comes with all disks apart from the UK

No disks, all the maps are on the HD. There are two map options, Easter or Western Europe, sadly mine had the wrong one.

Does the VW Touran one fit and work ????

VW ones should be fine.

Anyone got a MFD2 going cheap
Mine has already gone.
Talking of fitting, I presume the MFD3 is the same affair as the MFD2 as in connect the quadlock, a little bit of VAG-COM coding and job done??

Plug and play for me upgrading from the MFD2.

Another thought - Does it do the climatronic and PDC graphics like the Stream/Audience units?
Sadly no.
Doew This Thing Have An Ipod Connection Then???
It has the usual Media connector similar to the MFD2, but with an internal HD, SD/MMC slot and DVD playback do you really need to be lugging an ipod around?

Looks good Stu, but as knowledgable as you are on the vRS, I can't agree on the factory speakers.

When amped and played off a half decent head unit they can't hold on to the SQ compared with even a £50 pair of components.

If you've spent that much on the MFD3, then you must look into replacing the speakers and amping them. It does make a hige difference :)

WOW where did this unit come from? i do hope it comes in the new superb, even ctiroens have a similar setup available in alot of their cars. dvd, HDD, sat nav etc.

about time skoda pulled their fingers out :D

I think it first made an appearance in the Superb II spy shots.

It will most certainly be an option if not standard on the L&K or whatever the top model will be.

As soon as a Skoda one comes up for circa £1k I will be snapping it up (after christmas :o)

VW splash screen on startup and different lighting. Garish red/blue versus nice Skoda green. There is a VW unit for £1150 at the mo.

I'll wait for the proper version.

Looks good Stu, but as knowledgable as you are on the vRS, I can't agree on the factory speakers.

When amped and played off a half decent head unit they can't hold on to the SQ compared with even a £50 pair of components.

If you've spent that much on the MFD3, then you must look into replacing the speakers and amping them. It does make a hige difference :)

Perhaps you should have a listen to the unit before you go spending any hard earned ££ :thumbup: .

I'm not saying that the OEM speakers are the best money can buy but they do certainly surpise you when connected to this unit.

i found the standard speakers to be pretty good for OEM. obviously if i go out and buy some 200w kenwoods then they gonna sound better. guess each to their own and im happy with mine.