Add an illumination in internal door handle from L&K to vRS

TallioN

• 1 month later...
So, if I understood correctly this could be done in all Octavia 2. I have Octavia 2 Elegance 2.0Tdi.

I also have Elegance 2.0 TDI and have installed them few months ago. :) They look great!:D

Thanks to TallioN's excellent instructions, I braced myself and did this mod today. Only difference is that I used normal 3mm green Led's instead the OEM part's.

It was much cheaper than the OEM parts. They would've cost me over 100 euros for the 4 doors and they would've gone to factory order. So no thanks.

All in all, pretty easy and simple to do. Took something like 3,5 hours total.

Thanks to Malfean for his advice to use of correct led's.

I'll post pictures when I have time to take them :)

Edit :

Oh, and one note. Like dstev2000 mentioned earlier, for some reason the rear door illumination is brighter than on the fronts. It seems to be a feature of the car, as the connections, led positioning etc. are exactly the same in fronts and rears. Maybe preventing the driver from being distracted by a too bright illumination or something?

• 6 months later...

I have this on the Superb, might be similar to the MK1 Octy, not entirely sure, but worth a check.

I have not noticed that the rears are any brighter than the fronts, mind you I don't go in the back in the dark, unless the lights are off ;-)

ive still got to get round to doing this on mine, swmbo has said no even through i said i would way before i met her so nah!!!. Also it be useful for certain women (cough swmbo) who cant find the door handle in the dark (well in the current hire car).

• 7 months later...

Just fitted mine thanks for the pics they helped

On the rear ones you have to get them out then turn them over then maneuver the whole unit towards the door lock to get the door cable out, they are a tight fit

Still only took 15 mins to do all 3 yes 3 I could not get a drivers door one but will keep an eye out, but it still helps folk find the handles to get out of the taxi at night

Did not fit the light units only the chrome handles, I had the basic black ones

Slowly changing what i can on the classic

Next mod full leather seats for £200 from my local scrappy:) then if i can get one cheap enough built in sat nav

• 4 weeks later...