MPG of the Fabia Vrs

I doubt they will half, but you should get 400+ to a tank with mixed driving for around £40 imho.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is that how much a tank is, £40?

So thats 100 miles per £10.

Currently im getting around 52 miles per £10, so the petrol costs will near enough half.

Thats good news then :thumbup:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too have a 39mpg average, trouble is I only do 3 miles to work, 3 miles back, and similar short journeys in the evenings, so to be expected. Strangely though if i go on a longer run, consistant speeds on A roads, it still struggles to only mid 40's. There's lots of debate about the trip computer and, having not had one on any previous car, I'm no expert, but i am of the opinion they get 'conditioned' to the way the car is used. To test this theory, having returned from a reasonable journey ( struggling to get above 45mpg) I did a reset on both mpg settings and went back out, within 2 miles i was up into the 40's, then onto A30 for one juntion (about 4 miles) left A30 reading 57mpg. Give it a couple of weeks pottering to and fro work etc, repeat previous test run without re-set and a reading in the mid 40's will be as good as it gets. Differing driving styles make little difference either. Would the more knowledgeable among you shed some light on this idea?

:confused:

I'm in the same boat as you mate, wee short journeys so expecting these figures at the moment, SWMBO is using the car more at the moment so the MPG is on the up for when she is going to diffrent places looking for work which is in the mid 40's.

Davy

I seem to get about 62mpg on my run to work, around 35 miles. But i saw 73.2 for 2 days on the trot. I work on a runway which helps on the start of my trip as i can go 40-45mph without stopping for 1 mile.

Dave

I too have a 39mpg average, trouble is I only do 3 miles to work, 3 miles back, and similar short journeys in the evenings, so to be expected. Strangely though if i go on a longer run, consistant speeds on A roads, it still struggles to only mid 40's. There's lots of debate about the trip computer and, having not had one on any previous car, I'm no expert, but i am of the opinion they get 'conditioned' to the way the car is used. To test this theory, having returned from a reasonable journey ( struggling to get above 45mpg) I did a reset on both mpg settings and went back out, within 2 miles i was up into the 40's, then onto A30 for one juntion (about 4 miles) left A30 reading 57mpg. Give it a couple of weeks pottering to and fro work etc, repeat previous test run without re-set and a reading in the mid 40's will be as good as it gets. Differing driving styles make little difference either. Would the more knowledgeable among you shed some light on this idea?

:confused:

Don't be fooled in to thinking I'm knowledgabe (I'm not), but this may be down to the fact that the engine never really "gets warm".... I know people sometimes speak of "sooting up" the engine... give it a good hard run every now and again and watch the clouds of black smoke left behind ;)

I'm in the same boat as you mate, wee short journeys so expecting these figures at the moment, SWMBO is using the car more at the moment so the MPG is on the up for when she is going to diffrent places looking for work which is in the mid 40's.

Davy

Me too, its the 3-4 mile short daily commute trip that knocks it down.

Over the holiday much better, up around 45mpg due to the longer runs.

I can say however that I've never achieved much past 52-53mpg as those straight bits with traffic gaps that pop up on occasions, are just so enticing you can't resist letting the right foot do the "torqueing" and it all runs free for a bit!!

Life isn't just about wringing the most out of the taxman and the oil companies, otherwise we'd all be driving Fiat Panda's, Toyota Yarises etc.....

In a average day the car does 20 miles for me that includes going to work, girlfriend picking the car up at lunchtime where she uses it until 4pm where she picks me up again. At night we either tend to go to the video shop or the shops.

Weekends tend to be the time we take the car for a wee blast.

This week for example the car has hardly been used due to christmas.

Davy

In a average day the car does 20 miles for me that includes going to work, girlfriend picking the car up at lunchtime where she uses it until 4pm where she picks me up again. At night we either tend to go to the video shop or the shops.

Weekends tend to be the time we take the car for a wee blast.

This week for example the car has hardly been used due to christmas.

Davy

Can anyone else see something slightly wrong here?!!!! :eek: :rofl: :eek: :rofl: :eek:

my commute is 2 miles of city roads, followed by 13 miles of motorway, and then 4 miles of 40mph outskirts roads.

all driven sedately, and I still get 40mpg lol

and my trip computer is consistently 20% over reading

my commute is 2 miles of city roads, followed by 13 miles of motorway, and then 4 miles of 40mph outskirts roads.

all driven sedately, and I still get 40mpg lol

and my trip computer is consistently 20% over reading

BLT or ASZ engine?

I've tried BP Ultimate, and Shell V-Power for a few tanks each, and both did f*ck all apart from drain my credit card even more!

Should I be speaking to Skoda about this lack of economy?

I have a 52 mile round trip commute to and from work. 3/4 miles town, the rest motorway/a-roads. In RoadRunner mode, I can get 40-43 mpg indicated. Behave myself, and that can go as high as 55mph. On average I'll hit 48/50mpg indicated.

Sedate motorway driving can achieve high 50s, but I really cba with it. I was initially disappointed with the figures, as it's my first diesel, and I was expecting 1,000,000 mpg, but now, 2 years later, I don't much care. That way it's normally driven, it'd return half as much mpg figure if it were petrol turbo, so I can't complain. :D Torque is addictive, and I don't mind paying for it.

I'd have got 80mpg derv Lupo if I really cared that much.