People love to try it on.....

oliverreed

Simple Lorries should only be on the road for certain hours of the day.

Tractors should be made to clean the mud off their vehicles when joining a road (as per the continent) and really really really pull over at the earliest convenience or just be arrested!

And if anything with an orange flashing light has to move more than 20 yards on the road it should go by a flat bed truck, and should not be allowed to go to site and then home again every single, sodding day, in the rush period...:mad:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if anything with an orange flashing light has to move more than 20 yards on the road it should go by a flat bed truck, and should not be allowed to go to site and then home again every single, sodding day, in the rush period...:mad:

I'm sensing annoyance with a tinge of loathing :D

Ah, tailgaiters... so annoying...I'm a bit hesitant to speed up from 30 to 60 as fast as possible, as I don't want the tailgaiting idiots to think that I want to race them on the roads. I'm not a ****... but I've done it a couple of times, and yes it made me happy! I'm regularly overtaken in a 30 zone when I do 30. I just let them overtake me if it makes them happy... If someone tailgates me, I won't speed up (unless there's a change of speed limit of course). I don't let them intimidate me. I just ignore them.

My experience of LFB in VAG cars was that a light application of the brakes works, but if you do it firmer it plays havoc with the revs. Next time I drive one, I'll have to try your technique and see if I can confuse it enough so it gives up and works properly :rofl:

Chris

My experience of LFB in VAG cars was that a light application of the brakes works, but if you do it firmer it plays havoc with the revs. Next time I drive one, I'll have to try your technique and see if I can confuse it enough so it gives up and works properly :rofl:

Chris

Worked on a 1.9 PD105 ;)

Chris

My experience of LFB is nearly breaking my nose on the steering wheel! Poor old left foot, just so used to stamping on the clutch....

I agree with Yann, I just let them carry on, one night I was on an NSL road and there was a n0b 'ead right up behind me so I waited till we got to a steep incline and nailed it, through a combination of soot and speed he momentarily disappeared, only to re-appear moments later inches from my rear bumper, flashing his lights and feigning to the right to over-take, for a moment I thought he may be an unmarked flagging me so i pulled into a side road. I looked as he passed and it wasn't, it was a tw@ in a subaru that looked like it had ram-raided halfords.

I agree with Yann, I just let them carry on, one night I was on an NSL road and there was a n0b 'ead right up behind me so I waited till we got to a steep incline and nailed it, through a combination of soot and speed he momentarily disappeared, only to re-appear moments later inches from my rear bumper, flashing his lights and feigning to the right to over-take, for a moment I thought he may be an unmarked flagging me so i pulled into a side road. I looked as he passed and it wasn't, it was a tw@ in a subaru that looked like it had ram-raided halfords.

That's why he was driving so fast... He forgot about all the ch@vs eating their maccy D's in the car park that saw him and had to get away quick.

I'm not too fond of Lorries either but be nice to them.

Some trucks can hold that 56 up hill and others can't.

Although the Scania V8s make a nice noise.

i agree my big v8 makes a lovely noise and holds up hill and down dale 60mph all day,

to all those who say lorries should have to drive at night:finger:wtf planet are you retards on do you want the cost of living to treble?The solution to this is raise the limit for hgv's in a nsl to 60 and introduce a similar power to wieght ratio they have in other country's,switzerland i believe insists on 10bhp per tonne,that would sort things out a little,or you could make every operator buys v8 scania's,mind you then my truck wouldn't be so special eh:rofl:

One of the solutions is to stop some lorry drivers driving so badly! On the M18 last week I was almost run off the road by one lunatic - the license number was - FX54 GGF. It deliberately swerved right at me after getting annoyed as I was sticking to 50mph in the average speed camera zone.

Unfortunately this was not an isolated incident. I am sure you drive well and considerately, but some do not. It was a very unpleasant and frightening experience.

speed limits should be raised on lorries, but the government is trying to have all lorries in 2008 restricted to 56mph (from 3.5t upwards), guess its a secret plan to slow the country down.

Was on the A34 this morning in an unrestricted lorry doing 60ish come up behind two lorries (one overtaking the other at 1mph faster) to see an idiot in a car behind swerving from lane one to two and then sit between both lanes flashing his headlights. Guess what? the lorry slowed down to about .1mph faster than the one it was overtaking :rofl: 5 minutes later it was past and the idiot in the car nearly loses control of his car as he tries swerving around the lorry now moving to the inside lane and narrowly misses the crash barrier too!!!

Shame he didnt crash and would love to tell the cops of this pricks driving standards :rofl:

oilburninut, please take the time to read my post correctly:

"I am sure you drive well and considerately, but some do not".

Some do not. Not all, not 100%, some. I take exception to being called a retard or a *****. I meant no malice and do expect some basic manners. I'm sorry you have had a bad day, but I really did not mean to cause offence.