If you never bought your skoda what would you have bought?

Skodaboy1983

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a hard one. I wanted a Golf but was not willing to pay about six grand more so probably unlikely to have gone for that. I test drove a Civic sport but was not overly impressed with the performance, whereas styling wise I thought it looked very nice.

I really don't know :cool:

I ahd the choice of two the focus or a new fabia, I was wanting something more economical than my 1.6 focus so was looking at the new fabia but my heart was set on the tdci zetec focus, even down to the colour.

SWMBO's brother then told me that I should buy myself something sporty and suggested the fabia and called it a real car, so thats how I ended up getting the fabia Vrs and I've never looked back.

Davy

I bought a new astra sports hatch 1.6 SXi 6 months earlier and changed to the Fab as I was doing 120 miles a day commuting to work.

I now live 4 miles away so bought a Focus ST 6 months ago. If I ever have to change again would probably get a focus or mondeo TDCi.

Damo

Hi

Another Nissan Diesel , in fact we won't even get rid of the 12yr old one we have. Totally reliable, same exhaust from new now approaching 240,000km and still in use. Never used a ltr of oil between changes, and serviced every 15000 km every year, So why buy a Skoda ?? needed a 4x4 combi, all weather car to do longer distances and have already been using a company 1.9tdi Octy combi, so it looked to be of the same caliber, possibly even safer for my wife to use.

------------------------------------

Octy 2, 1.9 TDI PD Ambiant 4x4 Combi and Nissan Sunny 2.0 DLX, Company Octy 1.9 TDI Tor Combi.

When our old Audi definitely was beyond salvation it was all about finding something comparable in size/economy and reasonably priced (second hand). Could have been a Japanese estate (Toyota or Nissan) but we found them a bit too expensive. So we ended up with an Octavia.

SWMBO was going for a Nissan QASHQAI or cashcow or squashee or whatever it's called.

The top model is well specced with xenons and panaoramic glass roof etc but the weedy 1.5 dCi 86 was the only derv on offer at the time.

So she opted for the vRS TDI after she drove my old Elegance.

Seat Ibiza or Leon.

but the dealer was ininterested in taking me out for a test drive or even talking to me about the car, so ended up with the Octy 2.0.......if it wasn;t for the fuel costs, I'd have it back in a heartbeat.

Ahh, yes. Forgot about Seat, we didn't actually have a dealer over here at that time but I was looking at the Ibiza, but probably would've wanted the Leon. It makes me wonder now what would've happened if there had of been a dealer.

Having had 3 consecutive Citroens and happy with two of them , had tried twice before for a Fabia but local dealer not very encouraging . If I hadn't grasped the concept of going fifty miles south for a substantially better deal I might be in a C4 . As it is , got a roomster and loving it !

Hi all

as the above question, what would you have bought?

If I had not been recommended the Fabia vRS I would have bought a mark two focus tdci Zetec.

Cheers

Davy

Thats what I did do, last year.... nice and well put together, good on all levels really, had

originally wanted octavia 130pd, found it hard to get a sensible mileage on one and dived

in a bit with a focus (tdci 115bhp). Took a look and drove fabia vrs in october and as an

owner of focus for a while was astounded at how much better this little cars engine is,

and I don't just mean the extra power to weight, I just mean the quality feel to its

delivery... difficult to explain just a feeling having owned both. Don't bear thinking

about a vrsless world:(

Initially looked at the Nissan Micra but did not like the new shape at all. Next choice was the VW Polo 1.2 but the dealer I went to was totally useless at selling, and plus the fact it was more money for the spec I wanted - hence turned to Skoda.

I almost bought a 182 Clio. My previous car was a Clio, and fancied something a bit nippier. The Trophy I took for a spin was an absolute blast to drive! :D

Don't regret choosing my Octy over the 182/182 Trophy at all though. Totally different car, but a much better all rounder for me . :)