If you never bought your skoda what would you have bought?

Skodaboy1983

Previous choice was either a one year old Focus tdci 130bhp or a new Octy but couldn't find a Focus. This time was Mondeo ST tdci or Octy sport. Neither car was good enough to get me to buy at the time so waited 6 months and got the vRS Octy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was almost in a Subaru WR1 Impreza, but a mate bought a Fabia, I had a go, it made me laugh, and much more financial sense, also I wouldnt get burgled for the keys, so i bought a Fabia.

The Octavia I bought on a whim...so I wasnt looking at anything else at the time.

When i bought the fabia vRS my other options were Ibiza FR diesel (new), Ibiza Cupra diesel (Yeah like i was ever gonna find a good used one of these!!!!), or a mini cooper / cooper S (used). I also toyed with the fiesta ST but running cost knocked that out of the running early on.

Cheers

Dave.

I was looking for another commuter hack - looked at replacement Mondeos but couldn't find one I liked, drove round the local dealer complex (many brands all in one area), came to Skoda last, tucked away in the corner, and my old SLX was sat outside looking very smart, so test drove it just to see how it compared. Bingo!

I wasn't really looking for anything but it gradually became obvious that teenagers don't fit in the back of a Nissan 200sx (nice car, expensive to run and 98k 4 years old!). Saw 4x4 new but "cheap" in a dealers, liked it despite feeling very slow (cured by Revo) and they offered me so much for the 200sx I could hardly refuse, it wouldn't be polite! Now keeping my eye out for 530D.

I'd still have my Clio.

Spent 6 months looking before I decided I wanted the VRs.

Much longer and wedding spends would have taken over.

Might have veered towards an older A3 or 330d

I was originally looking to get out of my Impreza blobeye as the costs were crippling at 30k miles + per year.

Someone on Scoobynet recommended a Fabia vRS, but up to that point I was looking at Golf's, 3 series BMW's, and Alfa 147's.

I am blowing hot and cold over the current DSG I have got, but if I was to get another Skoda (which would be my 4th) it would either be an Octy vRS 2.0T or I may hold onto the slug to see if the rumours of a Superb vRS are true and if I can get one in DSG (oooops, I did a Mike) I may have found my next motor.

Either a Peugot 407 diesel or a Mondeo ST TDCi or Ghia / Ghia X diesel

When I was looking to buy the octy, I was actually looking for an Audi S2, but struggling to find a good one that didnt need the earth in repairs. My uncle on weekend asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in his Vrs, and I ended up buying that instead.

I wanted a 4/5 door small/medium sports saloon. I really liked the Octy RS but they were too expensive so I was looking at 320 BMW's or Alfa 156's. I liked the RS because of the good reviews, the reverse snobbery thing & I really loved the interior. I was looking at the other two because they (in my opinion) both also have nice interiors. Obviously the BMW's I considered were older than the RS.

I took so long thinking about it that the Octy RS prices softened & a friend in work offered his at a good price but still a grand over what I could afford. I bought it anyway. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I always fancied a Ford Granada for some reason. When I started looking at insurance quotes I was considering a Renault Megane but was concerned about possibility of faults and expensive repairs. But when I was offered the Skoda free - or it goes to the scrap sort of thing, it was a no-brainer. 1 year on and it seems to be ok still. My next car will almost definitely be a Skoda :)

Well I always fancied a Ford Granada for some reason.

Had two of these - D-reg and L-reg 2.9i Ghias (but with the 12v V6 engine, not the Cosworth 24v V6) for a total of 6-years and they were both completely reliable motors. Extremely comfortable and relaxing to drive, good performance and pretty reasonable handling. If I could have found a really good example of an R-reg Scorpio estate before I bought my Octy, I would have seriously considered buying one.

• 1 year later...

This is gonna sound bizarre, but i would have bought a 10 year old Mercedes SL

Also considered a Fabia VRS and a Subaru Impreza

If i had a large amount of money and did'nt mind the bills I would have a Lotus Esprit. Always loved the shape and the exclusivity.