Any advice welcome....getting leathered soon!

vrsjefo70

I will be getting my Furby trimmed by Seat Surgeons in the next 2 or 3 weeks and cannot decide which option to go for, my Furby is yellow and was thinking of black leather with yellow stitching. Ive noticed quite a few people have had the same done at the same place and I want to know your thoughts please. Apparently they are now doing a better quality leather for a higher price and I also wondered if anybody has had this option done.

Thanks all........:confused::confused:

Ta for help gents, clearwaydt do you have any pics of your seats?

Paul at SS tells me he has a better quality leather for £300 more the stuff you find in Porshe's, has anybody seen this?

Black/Black looks like the front runner at the moment. :thumbup:

Ta for help gents, clearwaydt do you have any pics of your seats?

Paul at SS tells me he has a better quality leather for £300 more the stuff you find in Porshe's, has anybody seen this?

Black/Black looks like the front runner at the moment. :thumbup:

have you been onto Fabia-vrs.com - Home Page

Some good examples there. Think ones black on black

Just click pictures then you should see the leathers :cool:

Had mine on for about 6 months now and I'm still chuffed with it. My advice to you is go for something you can live with for a while rather than a gimmic.

Garish stuff will undoubtedly become tiresome after a while - Seat Surgeons showed me some pics of some mad combinations that looked pretty funky but I'd have been sick of within a month.

I went for all black, with perforated centres and grey stitching and the vRS logo in the normal place (on a Silver vRS). I think it looks very classy and yet simple....basically a tasteful job that I can live with until SWMBO takes over ownership.

One other piece of advice, buy some decent leather treatment. After a while obviously the leather will start to soften a bit and certain areas such as the drivers seat bolster neares the door and areas of the seat base will become a bit shrivelled. The cleaning foamy stuff that they give you is ok, but just cleans, it doesn't nourish.

I got some Simoniz stuff from Halfrauds instead and that has waxes in it that not only stop the leather going shiny but keeps it supple too. Apply with a damp soft cloth, rubbing into the leather, allow to dry then buff with a microfibre. Looks as good as new when done if done regularly (every couple of months if driven daily). ;)

Hmmmm... the Mrs is not impressed with my idea of leather.

B*gger! :)

Mossman keep on at your missus they normally cave in under pressure, Im currently trying to persuade mine to trade her polo tdi in for a Furby then I have two to play with;):D

Both of our Fabias have leather, and biased I may be, but the leather in mine ( aftermarket ) is so much nicer than the leather in the wifes SE, hers is too new, and still looks like vinyl, whilst mine looks and smells better.

i would love to have some leather put in mine...but it's not cheap, and a fair distance away from me!

What do Seat Surgeons do? Do they take the seats out and trim them, or do you have to give them the seats to do it?