What No 08 reg!

Picked up my Octy Scout on Saturday. Satin Grey (blue really). Very well prepared by the dealer (Norman Fairweather of Dundee) and handover went smoothly. It looks superb in that colour. I mentioned in another thread that there is an issue regarding towbars for the Scout. The dealer had to fit a fixed towbar until a detachable one is available (soon I'm told). Am taking my caravan van in for service soon and will take some pics of the towbar/13 pn to 2 x 7pin adapter when connected to the van. One or two members wanted to see how it looked.

Have done 300 mile now and the car feels really solid and stable. It does feel really tight and fuel economy will improve I'm sure. Computer showed 41mpg on a 90 mile trip to Aberdeen.

I really like the interior - certainly nicer than my Touran. Multifunction st wheel/maxidot works well. Radio has good reception and mp3 feature excellent. Headlights surprisingly good on dipped beam, again better than the VW I traded in. No rattles as yet.

Very refined at speed although vibration at idle is a bit more intrusive. So far I'm very impressed - and my better half likes it - praise indeed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already handed over a few 08 plates since saturday, but most of the cars going out this month arent here yet. people held off ordering this year i think. got quite a few going into april now too!

but according to my friend here theres not as many orders as last year yet

I checked the progress of my order today, and have been told that the car has left the production line and is currently slopping about on the sea somewhere, and due into the UK in about 6 days time.

Picked up my 08 vRS TDi from Autofinders on Saturday. Was originally looking for a Fabia vRS but couldn't get what I wanted for the money I had...so I sold a kidney and bought a new Octy.

Didn't get reverse sensors but now I wish I had. Any ideas? Russ.

vrs003qv7.jpg

vrs004tr5.jpg

I be driving round in a new 08 vRS right now, but the frikkin dealer didn't have the car on the first (allegedly).

So I'm really really hoping I can collect from them this Weds.....trying not to raise my hopes too much, and looking forward to being a fully paid up Briskoda member:thumbup:

It's difficult when the order was placed in Nov 2007 for a mid January delivery.

Can we start a 10/11 plate thread - Thats the next time I'll be changing mine... :)

Can we start a barcode.gif plate thread - Thats the next time I'll be changing mine... ;)

Now, I just need to decide whether to go for plutonium or Mr Fusion.

Mr Fusion offers better fuel economy, but plutonium gives you a bigger bang for your buck.

I suppose this will be a discussion that will run and run. Remember back in the day when we had that seemingly never ending argument whether Petroleum or Dr Diesel was better - ho hum!

Remember back in the day when we had that seemingly never ending argument whether Petroleum or Dr Diesel was better - ho hum!

I think it will take some time to convince everyone on here that Diesel is of course better than petrol :D

On that note.............I'm off............

:sofahide:

Took my car in for its first service on Saturday, six months to the day after I picked it up. Anyway saw several cars going out with 08 plates on them. A Fabia, a Scout and a vRS exactly the same as mine.

god its nearly a year since i got my 07, i ordered it in feb hoping for it to arrive for the march new 07 plate and found their was a 12-16wk wait :( im sure we will see many new ones over the coming months on here.

Was promised my 08 reg race blue vRS for the first but sitting on my drive is a 57 plate 1.2 Fabia 1 courtesy car. vRS not built yet:(

Mine was ordered back in December, still waiting in March, now say its due in April - I know how you feel :-(

Guest wilkopilko
I think it will take some time to convince everyone on here that Diesel is of course better than petrol :D

On that note.............I'm off............

:sofahide:

Oh feck......run forest run....:jawbig:

I can't believe it's been two years since getting my 06 vrs :eek:

I havn't seen any 08 cars atall but then it wasn't on my mind to look, like it usually is. I only just remembered I hadn't got my car tax whilst brushing my teeth at stupid o'clock this morning:rolleyes:

ETA early April. Corrida Red Octy 1.8 TSI estate ( Ambiente 'cos of 0% deal :thumbup:) with Pegasus alloys/sports suspension/front fogs/variable boot floor. My front drive will look like a Skoda dealers with SWMBO's Fabia VRS & my Mk1 Octy TDI which l plan to sell privately.

:)

when I was at the dealers on Fri he said he had 5/6 going out over the week (small dealers) when I picked mine up 6months ago he had 6 going out on the 1st of the month then a few over the following week.

I've only seen 1 08 plate so far

Traded my 07 vRS in last week for 08 plate.

Different colour this year thou lol.

Delivery this saturday all being well.

Seriously? Just 1 year old? You must have taken a serious hit?

Seriously? Just 1 year old? You must have taken a serious hit?

Nah, was going to cost me more to keep the old one mate, purchased on a PCP and i had already done my 25K miles in 9 months, last free service just coming up, two new tyres and tax required, figures worked out right.