15th December 2002 (Northern Area) Xmas meet?

ColinD

hehe, hi 007,

All, hope you've all registered on the mailing list for this meet, I'll be sending some details out later today.

Myself and "one of those jap things ;)" did the run over the weekend - plenty of pretty scenery and nice roads.

Oh, and you may need to bring water wings and passports for those airborne moments (Q: "Please *do* be careful 007!" :D)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ian,

you'll probably get this tomorrow, but i don't seem to have received anything yet.

i'm assuming you haven't got around to it.

waiting in anticipation to see what you've 'cooke'd up' :wink: for the day itself.....

regards,

ok, currently subscribed to the mailing list (and thus coming):

(and I'll put names to avoid us being sad in public, calling each other by usernames :))

Tavia4x4 - Ian - White 4x4 estate

CD_UK - Colin - Green 4x4 estate

Huck_B - Huck - Red RS

TaviaRS - Jon - Black RS

BAAHEED - Brian - Yellow RS (taxi :D)

sixtysix - Garry - WRC RS

stopanj - John - Yellow RS

Rallymarshal - Paul

Witchfinder - Rob

mellowyellow - Peter

delac - Des

Panrix - Mark

Funky Jutel - Andre

ZootyRS - N??

Dmac - ????

Mr.Lucky - ????

That's 16 plus wives etc, quite a good turnout. Can you let me know via email ([email protected]) if you are bringing anyone, so I can be sure the pubs can accomodate us)

Secret Mission behind enemy lines thwarted !!!

I made a reccy yesterday into the meet area and was chased out by one of the native tribes on the way out. This guy with an Ice Cream van chased me with his chimes going and all manner of flashing lights..oh :poo:

Anyway he invited me into his vehicle where he tried everything possible to sell me a 99. He even gave me a voucher whereby if I could confirm I was who I said I was (by producing say a driving licence and one other proof of identity e.g insurance policy) I would receive a fixed cash prize and some loyalty points. But also if wanted to come back to the area personally I could gamble these points and cash and maybe increase them.

So I can certainly say that we'll get a warm welcome next week.

How on earth did he spot you??? I mean its not as if a bright, cat sick, yellow vRS with a big yellow taxi sign, doing over 50 is conspicous. He must have been one sharp eyed dude. Either that or they had you nailed from when you went through passport control or customs.

PS Could you bring me some duty free ciggies when you come down?

:D

Well Miss L and Myself will be attending. I joined the mailing list and it says that I have been 'defferred'. Maybe I joined once already. I can't remember. :lol:

So where in Hell's name are we meeting and going then because I still don't have a clue?

Oh and just so there is no confusion My partner is called Lisa and I usually get called 'Lucky' anyway by the people who know me, so just 'Lucky' will do fine for me...

I do but for some reason it never saw him either. I'll have to find out whether its got eyes in the back of its head or not. Either that or it did warn me and I chose to ignore it as a false alarm. :stupid:

It's ok Lucky, we have set the mailing list so we have to approve members before them getting any info - else anyone could subscribe and get the info.

You have now been approved :)

For the rest of you, I am assuming you are all alone, let me know if bringing partners \ friends.

Hate to be a party pooper but something's come up and I'm going to have to cry off. Was hoping to be able to catch up for the evening stop but that doesn't look possible now either :(

Gutted... me and the wife were really looking forward to it.

• Administrators

Chris,

The late afternoon tea is really for a relax before heading home, especially for the long haul chaps.

Due to the early hour of our sun set now, it seemed a good way of extendning the meet and getting to know each other a bit more. :)

Might even miss the traffic on the return journey. :driving:

Colin,

I'm not on the mailing so dont know the itinery as I have been trying to get a lift up to the meeting with others. Unfortunatley the two southeast based members I have contacted are not able to offer me a ride. Hopefully there will be more as I would really like to be there.

Chris,

The late afternoon tea is really for a relax before heading home, especially for the long haul chaps.

Due to the early hour of our sun set now, it seemed a good way of extendning the meet and getting to know each other a bit more. :)

Might even miss the traffic on the return journey. :driving:[/quote:40a8228484]