15th December 2002 (Northern Area) Xmas meet?

ColinD

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys north of the Border

Wanted RED RS and BLACK RS

To join convoy of Yellow, Silver and White WRC vRS'

Mission :- To lead invasion forces into Northern England

C'mon Freakcrab your country needs you[/quote:a4ea079256]

I can supply the Black part of the convoy. :lol:

I'll sign on to the mailing list for more details.

I make that 17 cars now is that correct ?

:auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto:

:mexwave: :bump:

• Administrators

Shaping up to be a cracking day out...

17 cars and a boot full of pies :)

Have one more request pending on the list, swjlo... If you see this can you pm me your id with the mail you signed up with as I can't add you till I x-verify your id here.

• Administrators

Went out on a final recon of the route today with Ian...what can I say...

Well if you want a sneak preview have a look here...(not to dial up friendly)

Ian's Run

Sorry Ian could not resist... :mexwave:

Great route btw, bring you camera and be in awe of our great british road builders.

Sunglasses for low sun! [/quote:37147388f6]

Shouldn't that be to prevent snow blindness? :D

Map? Aren't you giving us a route to follow?

PMR packed, also 1 spare if anyone wants to borrow one

Water wings? I've got tyres full of air, do they count?

Airborne control surfaces? Do we need them for what I think I need them for? :D

As we are travelling from foreign fields, would any of the natives like some shinny baubles delivered - real pies, Forfar bridies, OVD rum, Haggis, or will the explorers just bring the usual, broken mirrors and coloured beads to impress the local chief and womanfolk?

:flower: :bup:[/quote:cab7322a52]

pies would be excellent, do you accept foriegn currency?

I think I have unearthed a cunning conspiracy by a few 4x4 drivers to lure us RS drivers into unhabitable roads where there superior ground clearance will dominate and render our cars useless with cracked sumps, torn spoilers and bumpers we'll be like daleks going down stairs, we're doomed :shock: :wink:

Well my RS has already had a fight with a pavement siding today which resulted in a nice bad scrape across the bottom of the front spolier and a nice bit of cracked paint. :x:x:x

There was me thinking I would be bringing a near immaculate car with me on Sunday, ah well that's what you get for being an everyday driver!! :cry:

The 4x4's are on their own down dodgy roads!! :!:

heh, it's a varied route cross country, some flowing fast sections will favour the RS's, some twisty bits may favour the 4x4's, neither will struggle and you should not see any cracked spoilers etc! :shock:

Bear in mind there will only be two 4x4's... :( We'll be sulking in the corner :D

Of course I'm talking about the Euro 2008 bid which should be announced shortly and not stirring up any England v Scotland nonsense...... :wink: (hell, I was born in Derbyshire!!!)

Anyway, have a great day out :roll: (not fair!!) - any of you lot (DMAC, baaheed, 66 etc fancy a real Scottish meet sometime? I don't know the roads around Edinburgh to well yet so haven't found any particularly fun routes......but still looking!!

PS Duncan - as a Berwick man where do your loyalties lie - with a name like that I would guess North of the Border......... :wink:

Ross

Dont let the name fool you , I was born in Sunderland so Im an England fan...but I have some Scots blood in me ( Fathers family from Glasgow area originally) , and i get all emotional while listening to pipe bands :lol: ..especially 'Flower of Scotland'! Oh and mothers family originate from Ireland way back when , so thats 3 teams i get to support ... :) PS about Euro 2008...would they have used Murrayfield also?

I wish I could make it this Sunday , but working 6 days a week and getting up at 5AM each morning means i look forward to my Sunday lie in , especially at this dreadfull time of the year with hardly any daylight!! If it was a bit closer to home i may have been able to make it. I will definately come to a meet sometime next year , hopefully after xmas I will be back to a 5 day week and will have 2 days each weekend to choose from! If there is going to be a Scottish/North East meet sometime I will be up for that , as in my Capri days I used to be in Capri Club Scotland which met in Edinburgh for a pub meet monthly , and travelled to various shows exhibiting our cars ...