ozone type smell

No.... sorry chaps.....neither of those.... It is definitely something I can smell, as if it is coming from the engine.....sometimes it is quite strong, and sometimes not so strong.... have wondered about it for a while.... Not unpleasant.... but postmanpat seems to know the kind of smell I mean.... Have smelt it when going round the back of the car too... (hence my thinking of engine/exhaust)

Don`t know about driving behind buses, cos I only smell it when I am parking up i.e stop engine, get out of car, and there it is !..... yes... I suppose you could say it was a "clean" type smell.... sort of thing you get if you do a "flashover" with heavy duty cables on a 12 volt car battery....

It is not the brakes.... I know when they are hot, and recognise the burning smell from there.... have holidays in Wales, and revel in the steep mountain tracks,....Have been driving for 45 years, and do not "ride the clutch"

Next one....

No. it isn`t the windscreen wash.... (or were you joking?)

Next one....

No. I do not get a shock when I get out..... I think I am a brighter spark than you..

No. I do not use talc, or own a dyson either...

i had this on my vauxhall it was either just after the car had started or if i turned the air con off, guessed that when the car started with air con on it was the cause as it didnt happen if i started the car without the air con on. just an idea. if it is it needs a good clean (air con spray) or it could be cos its leaking and needs topping up (and leak sorted).

O.K. thanks for all your replys and suggestions.... much appreciated...Glad to know it isn`t something I should worry too much about..... actually quite like the smell..... but.... always wondered what caused it ..

Consider this thread closed..... unless..... someone knows different ! !!

Thanks guys...