• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jabba rear ARB

PD160 air intake

Green (or similar) filter

Remap

Seat Leon Cupra R front splitter

After those, if you have more change....

312mm TT brake upgrade

Koni FSD coilovers

Eibach springs

Limited slip differential

Then it starts to get expensive....

New turbo

Front mount intercooler

Miltec decat exhaust

another remap :D

I agree with the above comment though. No point spending £10k making a £10k better if you can afford a £20k car in the first place. For £20k I'd be running a Subaru Impreza Spec C Type RA rather than a Fabia with loads of mods which make it hard to sell and may even devalue it.

1. Remap

2. Remap

3. Remap

4. Remap

5. Jabba ARB

Any more and it just gets silly :D

You can add front mounted intercoolers, coilovers LSDs etc and the money spent could be used to just buy a better car.

1. wrong

2.wrong

3.wrong

4.wrong

5.Should be at no 1

2.312mm brake conversion

3.Bettr suspension setup

4.cupra bushes

5.now you have the mods in place so your car can handle properly and is now ready for a re map:thumbup:

I totally disagree

A good remap is perfectly compatable with the original parts. Dont waste time and money 'preparing' your car for a remap, just get it done! A remap will add a fair bit more oomph, but don't expect it to be a ferarri.

the pd160 intake do nearly bugger all,the sachs clutch is carp and can't handle the torque for long if you put a hybrid on,panel filter does next to bugger all,and you would run a re map without uprating the carp brakes?

You know nowt man,howmany of these suggested mods do you have?

I totally disagree

A good remap is perfectly compatable with the original parts. Dont waste time and money 'preparing' your car for a remap, just get it done! A remap will add a fair bit more oomph, but don't expect it to be a ferarri.

you must drive like my gran,the standard brakes on all of my fabia vrs's have been aweful,its not just prep,the standard car goes much faster with the chassis mods done than a re map alone

oh forgot tyres,lol ditch the ditchfinders

i would supose it depends what you do with the car,the standards are prone to fading badly on track,and i have no confidence in them due to lack of feel,but then again if an occasional back road blast is all your going to do i supose they would be adequate,the best mod on my car,that has made the biggest difference has to be the diff,i think that if i were to do it all again,it would have been my first mod,not on this budget tho:D

What about the top 5 with a total spend limit of £750?

I agree that it doesn't make sense to spend much on such a car.

So far i've spent:

Remap - £285

Jabba RARB - £160 (second hand)

Green Filter - £35 (dosnt do much but better than the paper one)

TOTAL = £480.00

For that i have a car that has been RR'd at 173bhp, corners very well indeed and i've still maintained the original ride comfort. For me it's a fantastic every day car. It's a fun toy to play with when i fancy a blast, and it's a comortable cruiser on a long journey. what more could you ask for?

Heres my perfect mod list

312mm brakes

jabba arb

green panel and pd160 pipe

kw coilovers

decent tyres

then when you get used to lift off oversteer and the new found ability to corner at speed.

sach paddle clutch

fmic

de-cat exhaust (just hack the old one off and weld a pipe in place)

stage 2 hybrid TD

custom re-map

then when you get bored of wheelspin

peloquin atb

big injectors

another re-map

sort the handling and the brakes then go for power:thumbup:

Surely there has to be a point during where it really would be cheaper to buy a car which does it all out of the box???

Turbo, intercooler, clutch, coilovers, dampers, lsd's, uprated brakes, custom remap - you're talking thousands of pounds there, and declaring all that to your insurance company will probably add hundreds to your premium.

I agree completely. If you can improve the car significantly for under £1k then go for it, but don't expect a penny of it back come resale, in fact, expect a modified car to be harder to sell and possibly be worth less unless you can find an enthusiast who wants exactly what you've created. Mods are a good way of slowly acquiring a good car which you maybe cannot afford in a a single hit though.

Surely there has to be a point during where it really would be cheaper to buy a car which does it all out of the box???

I guess it depends how much you like the car your modding! ..but I wouldn't spend more on modifying a car than the cost that could be used to upgrade to another on my wanted list...

I just got mine last week, I have ordered a rear ARB, some koni FSD and Eibachs and probably gonna do front cupra bushes cost aprox just under a grand, but should mean I can get round the round abouts my way more like when I had my Type R, grip is worth more than power all day long. As for buying a car out of the box, yeah you could but thats just boring. imagine if all the naked woman (men for the ladies) in the world looked exactly the same, actually that might not be a bad thing if it was some bird form page 3 but I think you get my point, i think there was a point, I am off to the playboy.com

For me, the "no budget limit" 5 best mods are:

Allards Hybrid VT5 turbo

SPEC Stage 3+ clutch + flywheel

Peloquin ATB Diff

Jabba Rear ARB

Custom Remap

Sure the brakes won't be up to it, and the standard suspension will soon show its weaknesses, but it will be fun - The diff will really help. :D

Most of the top 5's ive seen dont include an uprated clutch which is madness.

Your all putting Remap as number 1 etc, etc.

To the OP, you have £750 not really enough to remap the car as you really ought to uprate other parts to cope with this power.

For you i'd say - if you want more power in the future

312mm setup (£200-300)

Eibach springs (£130) + maybe koni FSD's to go with them if you can stretch that much

PD160 intake (£60-70)

Cupra uprated Front ARB bushes (£15)

Jabbasport RARB (£200) - i dont have this but ive heard great reviews ;)

Then i would get an uprated clutch, either a Sachs if you only want 170-180bhp and if you want big power get a Helix or Spec 3 jobbie (£800-900)

Then i'd get it mapped, but even at 170bhp the Standard intercooler is at its limits, i rr'd mine at 173bhp and the SMIC was struggling (next step for me is a FMIC)